The "new" Celebrity Secrets thread

ghstudio

Someone already replied to this question that the poster could dine wherever they want. How is that possible? If you are assigned to Blu, you do not have a MDR table assignment, nor are you signed up for Select Dining. How can one go back and forth between dining in Blu and MDR?

That is exactly what we and another couple did for 3 nights out of 10.

We were not fond of Blu, gave it several tries. Around day 5 we asked about eating in the MDR. We spoke to the manager of the MDR and he asked us when we would want to dine. We gave him a time and we asked for him when we arrived. He found us a table, not in select dining section. 2 times it was a table for 4 and the third time it was at a table for 8 which only had 2 people at it.

That is exactly what we and another couple did for 3 nights out of 10.

We were not fond of Blu, gave it several tries. Around day 5 we asked about eating in the MDR. We spoke to the manager of the MDR and he asked us when we would want to dine. We gave him a time and we asked for him when we arrived. He found us a table, not in select dining section. 2 times it was a table for 4 and the third time it was at a table for 8 which only had 2 people at it.

It is very easy to do ,Just ask...

Someone already replied to this question that the poster could dine wherever they want. How is that possible? If you are assigned to Blu, you do not have a MDR table assignment, nor are you signed up for Select Dining. How can one go back and forth between dining in Blu and MDR?

The two of us are traveling with 6 other family members on our cruise next May on Reflection. Since the two of us are the only ones in Aqua, we chose Select Dining when we booked so we could eat with the rest of family on some nights in the MDR and eat in Blu other nights.

If we need to let inform someone of our plans each night for dinner, please let us know.

Thought Celebrity Elite got free CAPPs at Elite Breakfast, yes or no?:confused:

Yes, you do receive complimentary Cappuchino at the Elite Breakfast.

You may have a latte, espresso, Bloody Mary, and Mimosa as well.

Yes, you do receive complimentary Cappuchino at the Elite Breakfast.

You may have a latte, espresso, Bloody Mary, and Mimosa as well.

And I'll add that the coffee they serve at the elite breakfast, irrespective of how you like it, is far far better than the brown colored warm stuff they serve in the buffet area....and yes, they have decaf.

And I'll add that the coffee they serve at the elite breakfast, irrespective of how you like it, is far far better than the brown colored warm stuff they serve in the buffet area....and yes, they have decaf.

Ha! That is what I say. In the AM, I take a sip of it and usually made a face :eek:. My husband would ask, is it OK?

I would always answer: well, it's brown.:(

Great thread, despite it veering off topic into unrelated questions and not staying on topic about tips!

Good morning:) this thread is more than just about tips:eek::confused:...read

the title please:D....it is about EVERYTHING:D

It has not veered off topic because there is not "1" topic to the

thread.

Good morning:) this thread is more than just about tips:eek::confused:...read

the title please:D....it is about EVERYTHING:D

It has not veered off topic because there is not "1" topic to the

thread.

LOL! If it's about everything, then it's the Celebrity forum all lumped into one thread! The title says it's about Celebrity secrets ... Tips from Celebrity cruisers that we might not know about otherwise. And it seems I'm not the only one commenting about how some of the posters on here would be better served to start new threads with their questions.

Great thread, despite it veering off topic into unrelated questions and not staying on topic about tips!

Yes, although I strayed, I agree.

Every once in a while I'll compile the list which filters out comments like I made!;)

LOL! If it's about everything, then it's the Celebrity forum all lumped into one thread! The title says it's about Celebrity secrets ... Tips from Celebrity cruisers that we might not know about otherwise. And it seems I'm not the only one commenting about how some of the posters on here would be better served to start new threads with their questions.

Sorry:eek::rolleyes::o......it was early this morning.....I was confused.

I meant it was about everything HELPFUL and thought you meant

"gratutities" tips........

I take 6 clothespins and wash undies and socks and clip them to the back of a lounge chair. Works great!

In which lounge?.......lol

ROFLMAO - sorry - I could't help it !

Thanks for starting my day off with a laugh......

g

ROFLMAO - sorry - I could't help it !

Thanks for starting my day off with a laugh......

g

ok, now THAT'S funny!:p

One more thing I saw, not really Celebrity related...someone had some really cute decorative clotes pins (said they bought them at Target) to hold their pool towel to the lounge chair...main thing was it distinguished their chairs (as long as no-one takes the towel AND the cute clothespin!)

ok, now THAT'S funny!:p

One more thing I saw, not really Celebrity related...someone had some really cute decorative clotes pins (said they bought them at Target) to hold their pool towel to the lounge chair...main thing was it distinguished their chairs (as long as no-one takes the towel AND the cute clothespin!)

Bed and bath has them as well.

We were on the Silhouette in the beginning of July and booked four specialty restaurants; Murano, Qsine, Tuscan Grill and Lawn Club Grill. Our reservation for the Lawn Club Grill was at 7:00PM and the first hour was hell!!! It was too hot (probably over 95) and sunny, some people decided not to stay and my son had to go to our room to change his shirt after an hour there. My recommendation is simple, if you are cruising the Med or Adriatic in July, book the Lawn Club Grill after 8:00 PM or after sunset.:)

In which lounge?.......lol

OK! I meant deck chair! If you want another laugh I lost a pair of panties that blew away. The next day I overheard a couple laughing about the panties they found on their deck. Better use those clothes pins!

OK! I meant deck chair! If you want another laugh I lost a pair of panties that blew away. The next day I overheard a couple laughing about the panties they found on their deck. Better use those clothes pins!

ok, that's hysterical! Reminds me of the time my mom rinsed her panties and put them on the balcony of her hotel room, they flew into the street and thank goodness she had a raincoat to cover herself to run down there and claim them!

Clothes pins are also great to put on the bottom of the shower curtains to 'weight' them, less 'clingy' to our bodies!;)

Sorry....I couldn't resist ;) Thanks for taking it in the spirit it was intended :D

Deck chair?.......I'm now picturing your personals strung along the deck chairs by the main pool :eek:

That is very funny about the flying panties...thanks for sharing :D

Thanks for all the helpful tips and the laughs. :D

My DH are going on a cruise the end of September. I started a roll call and it is pretty active. But I have not been able to motivate the group to do some of the activities. For instance, some folks would like to do a cabin crawl. But I don't have enough folks willing to open up their cabin for it. :(

So, since we were lucky to have snagged an aft cabin with the HUGE balcony, we were thinking of having a PAR-TAY there.

Our plan is to invite folks to come, but to cut it off at a reasonable number. In other words, however many would fit on the balcony and not cause it to collapse. :eek:

My question to you folks is.....would we be able to get lots of snacks from room service for this party? We thought we might just ask folks to bring their own drink(s). And if we could get some room service snacks we would tip the attendant well. It sure would work out better than us trying to collect food from the buffet and bring it back to the room. :o

Has anyone done this before? And, if so, do you have any suggestions for us? ;)

I remember hearing about a couple who had a party in one of the big suites. And I think they were able to get some snacks from room service. But it was so long ago and my memory of it has faded.

Hope to hear from you all with some suggestions. :)

Thanks!

GiGiAnn

Archived