The "new" Celebrity Secrets thread

ghstudio

:p ;) Hey you! What are you doing over here? Trying to find Celeb's secrets to take back to Regent or Crystal? You bad girl!

Ok, to stay on topic. . .if you are in Concierge class (and I believe Aqua), you will get a not-so-good bottle of bubbly. Don't hesitate to ask your attendant to change it to a bottle of white or red wine. It will be a bit better than the bubbly, at least IMO. If he or she says they can't (they can), encourage them to "make an exception" for you, or take it to dinner with you and ask them to exchange it. They will.

Hi everyone:

We just returned from a Summit cruise to Bermuda and we were in Conciereg class. I asked the cabin stewart, who was fantastic with our room!, if he could exchange it for a bottle of the "Celebrity" red or white and he said that they can NOT do that anymore, BUT he said to call the "Concierge" number, he gave us a card with a specific number to call, and they would look after it.

I never followed through as I was on the "Premium alcohol" package, so the bottle of wine was not worth it. There should be no problem with exchanging it for something else or at least a credit towards a better bottle.

Have a great cruise:

Gary & Norine

We are CANADIANS taking the Celebrity Reflection Nov 4..from Venice to Barcelona..

Any dining tips? Do we need to book dining rooms early,each day,etc?

Should we recieve luggage tags from our local TA? Havent seen any:confused:

Any nice hot tubs tucked away on this ship?

Are lots of hangers provided/will we notice a smaller closet than our usual

Princess fare?

All suggestions helpful thanks! 6 1/2 WEEKS NOW!:)

Dale and Laura:)

I booked through a TA however I requested luggage tags via my reservation that appears on the celebrity website. If you go to your reservation on celebrity there should be an option to request luggage tags, if you're close enough to your sailing. :-) I requested probably a week or so ago but havent received them yet. Hoping they come soon, I'm 17 days away from flying to amsterdam for the reflection inaugural! :-)

I booked through a TA however I requested luggage tags via my reservation that appears on the celebrity website. If you go to your reservation on celebrity there should be an option to request luggage tags, if you're close enough to your sailing. :-) I requested probably a week or so ago but havent received them yet. Hoping they come soon, I'm 17 days away from flying to amsterdam for the reflection inaugural! :-)

Have a fabulous time! I wish I was going.

:p ;) Hey you! What are you doing over here? Trying to find Celeb's secrets to take back to Regent or Crystal? You bad girl!

Ok, to stay on topic. . .if you are in Concierge class (and I believe Aqua), you will get a not-so-good bottle of bubbly. Don't hesitate to ask your attendant to change it to a bottle of white or red wine. It will be a bit better than the bubbly, at least IMO. If he or she says they can't (they can), encourage them to "make an exception" for you, or take it to dinner with you and ask them to exchange it. They will.

It is worth $28 towards another bottle of wine if you take it to any dining room....

Hi Lrmrtn,

You will find complimentary hard and soft ice cream and sorbet, by the Buffet area. The hard ice cream is made onboard, and it's quite good.

There's also a Gelateria located near Cafe Al Bacio, but there is a charge for the Gelato.

I hope this helps !

hi, do they have diabetic ice cream on board

There will three of us in a cabin for the May TA on the infinity....Haven't booked but have looked at cabins on the website. Hope to book in next month just waiting for vacation approvals from work.

I see that there are 2 beds and the couch..that will be great but what is the storage/ closet space like??? None of us are "clothes horses" but want to look nice and not do laundry. (I am use to Princess Cabins...or travelling solo):eek::eek:

Will luggage fit under the beds?

Space in bathroom for related items??

Thanks...:cool:

It is worth $28 towards another bottle of wine if you take it to any dining room....

Thanks so much for that tip!!! We are a C-1 in March & on our first Celebrity cruise ..... may be worth just taking to the DR & getting the credit for something at dinner.

No-sugar-added ice cream yes, a different flavor every night, plus a different no-sugar-added dessert every night as well.

But the ice cream is sweetened with malbitol, I believe. At our local yogurt place, they say, "But that's what's in toothpaste" and Mr. B. and I say to each other, yeah, that's why we don't swallow our toothpaste.

Anyway, as long as you're forewarned, I'm sure you'll be fine! Enjoy.

No-sugar-added ice cream yes, a different flavor every night, plus a different no-sugar-added dessert every night as well.

But the ice cream is sweetened with malbitol, I believe. At our local yogurt place, they say, "But that's what's in toothpaste" and Mr. B. and I say to each other, yeah, that's why we don't swallow our toothpaste.

Anyway, as long as you're forewarned, I'm sure you'll be fine! Enjoy.

"malbitol" - if it mistyped for Maltitol, it is considered one of the natural sugar substitutes (stevia and agave are the other two). It is safe to use, but be warned: if used too much can cause lots of runs to the bathroom :eek:

Looking forward to gelato in Italy.;)

I ,too am used to Princess closets..w/space above and beside, the 5 foot long closet, for sweaters, towels etc.. and space for shoes or suitcases below.. closet was across from the bathroom just inside the room door..:D

I bet the Celebrity Reflection has less closet space!?

Thanks so much for that tip!!! We are a C-1 in March & on our first Celebrity cruise ..... may be worth just taking to the DR & getting the credit for something at dinner.

Can you help me understand the terminology? What is a C-1? I've seen that on our reservations, but I don't know what it means. No, I was mistaken, it actually says "1C". The same thing, or something different?

Can you help me understand the terminology? What is a C-1? I've seen that on our reservations, but I don't know what it means. No, I was mistaken, it actually says "1C". The same thing, or something different?

No, they are not the same thing, although I can see why you would be confused. C1 is a Concierge Class cabin, as are C2 and C3 cabins.

Your 1C is a standard balcony cabin, as are 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D with location on the ship being the distinguishing factor. There are further nuances to distinguish the most expensive Concierge and balcony cabins, but in essence, location on the ship is what separates the cabin categories.

Speaking of ice cream---Do they have lactose free ice cream or do I have to eat frozen yogart?

Thanks for all the info on this thread!

I am dairy intolerant (not lactose intolerant, but intolerant to the proteins in dairy products), and I can't digest ice cream or frozen yoghurt. On HAL I enjoy the sorbets, as most are dairy free. Can anyone tell me if sorbets are available too? Dessert can be pretty boring and limited when you take dairy out of the equation :(. (Btw, I do NOT consider the fruit platter a dessert! it can't be, it is too healthy!:p Plus, in my experience it is usually all melons ... boring!).

Oh but a fruit dessert doesn't have to be all melons. Several cruises ago it dawned on me that there are raspberries topping and garnishing so many of the desserts in the buffet, in cafe bacio, aqua spa, etc. So I knew that somewhere in the galley there had to be a big ol' tub of raspberries, strawberries -- which are my favorite. I'm not a huge melon fan either, but berries - yum. Honestly chocolate is my favorite but I know what it tastes like, I've had chocolate before, and I really don't need the calories.

Early in each cruise I let the waiters, my butler, etc. know that I love raspberries and a bowl of them for dessert or accompanying my fat free/sugar free passionfruit sorbet (yummmmmm) would be nice. Or just in place of the stuff they bring to your room in the afternoons. (of course we normally like a plate of shrimp and cheese and crackers to go with some wine while getting ready for dinner...)

I ask for a bowl of vanilla yogurt and a scoop of granola and a bowl of berries for breakfast in Blu or in room service or in the MDR. You can even get it at the buffet. In the middle of dinner service it's not always easy or possible, but you can always ask on one night to have it the next day.

In other words, if you don't want a plate of melons, let them know a plate of berries (with a little whipped cream maybe?) might be more to your liking. It's your cruise, the Celebrity staff is there to help you, so with a little forewarning you can "have it your way."

It got to be that if I was walking down the hall and crossed paths with my butler or room steward or his assistant that there'd be that wink in the eye and maybe a "Mrs. Bourgeois you have a little surprise in your room...."

and sure enough there'd be a big bowl of berries waiting for me - instead of the canapes and things. Of course I always give a little extra tip here and there for this nice service.

They might not be able to secure the berries on demand immediately (or whatever your brand of yummy is), but after a day it should be no problem, if they know you want it. Just pays to ask.

I am still laughing!!! Had trouble reading it to my DH was laughing so hard. Thanks

Ahhhh.....the joke that keeps on giving......:D

That was so long ago I had forgotten about it, but have to agree it was very funny....I recall laughing myself as I was typing it.

Glad it brought a smile to your day :)

They are. My DH keeps his insulin in them. If you are not sure, you can request a mini fridge for medical use, but there is often so little room in the cabin for one. I can tell you that we have cruised a lot and we have used the coolers for insulin with complete success.

A few little hints, if you'll allow:

We usually freeze a block of "blue ice" to carry the insulin in while we fly to our departure port. I put a label held with clear packing tape on the blue ice with our cabin number and name and ask the cabin steward to put it in their freezer and return it before we debark. That way we have something to put in the insulated bag to keep the medicine cold on the way home.

If the diabetic is on a pump, as my DH is, or uses a pen, they will give you a smaller sharps container to use for finger sticks. If you don't need to dispose of syringes, there's no sense having that big old red bucket taking up space in the cabin.

I've just purchased a special insulin carrier from Magellan's that is supposed to be reusable and activates with cold water. I'm going to give it a try before we leave for San Diego. If it saves us having to explain the block of blue ice to TSA every time, it's worth it.:)

Sorry for the hijack. It just thought it was a good opportunity to share some information.

DH and I are both diabetic. We use pens, when we travel we use one of those insulated lunch bags and put a double-uped ziplock bag with ice in the bottom of the bag, a small wash cloth, our pens, another layer of ice, another wash cloth, and then all needed supplies. We asked our local pharmacist for a few empty pill containers (their largest) and use those as our "sharps containers". We CAREFULLY push the used needle of the lancet into the small plastic disk that was broken off the end of the lancet and drop it in the pill container. At the end of the cruise we then place the closed container into a sealed zip-lock and into the trash. Because it has a childproof cap, it will not open by accident and no one will get "stuck". On the ship (or in hotel rooms) it is easy to get more ice for your plastic bags. We always ask our room steward to empty the "mini-bar" as we do not drink any of those items anyway. I hope that this was of some assistance to you.

Ahhhh.....the joke that keeps on giving......:D

That was so long ago I had forgotten about it, but have to agree it was very funny....I recall laughing myself as I was typing it.

Glad it brought a smile to your day :)

I am a late poster to this RC and I FINALLY got through reading all of the posts about midnight last evening. Never dreamed that this Roll Call would be this active already. We have two cruises this year (Oct and Dec) and one RC is 107 pgs and the other 25 pages. To tell the truth, it is hard for me to keep each thread straight in my mind..I don't multitask too well anymore. But I look at my calendar at least once a day..so I am usually where I belong when the time comes. And luckily, I have a great husband who is more organized than I am and he manages to keep me on track if it's important.

Oops..think I'm on the wrong post again, Sorry

I have searched this thread and others but can't find the answer to my question.

I have seen posts over the past year or so that say people in suites can go to blu on a space available basis. My memory is that there were differing opinions that there was a charge or that it had become a standard option.

What is the policy for suite guests dining in blu?

Archived