The "new" Celebrity Secrets thread

ghstudio

To clarify Cafe al Bacio. The sandwiches (free) can be found by the bar at mid-day. The pastries/desserts (free) are by the gelato and in the morning and evening at the bar also. The food is in a glass case, so you have to ask to be served.

The gelato is an extra fee. Never have tried it, so I can't tell you much about it. The beverages are extra fee, but they are gracious with free ice water too! It's a great quiet spot on embarkation day for a snack until you can get to your stateroom. You can have as many sandwiches as you like, so it could fill in for lunch too. There has always been lots of seating available.

Thanks so much whoever posted about removing the balcony barriers between rooms next door. That was the best! It was the one reason I didn't want to cruise as usually we lost track of our (older) kids in their own cabins. With the rooms next door and the balconies open, we were going back and forth and it felt like a true family vacation. Thanks

Hi, everyone! You can order a (quite tasty) veggie burger at the Mast Grill -- when I last sailed, it wasn't on the menu, I had to ask for it. But they were very careful to use separate utensils and grill it on a separate area, even without my asking them to do so (important if you're a vegetarian like I am).

Turkey burgers too....if you ask

Our experience has been that whether or not we got the free bonus minutes with the Captain's Club coupons varied depending on who happened to be running the internet program on the ship at the time.

We had received the bonus minutes on other Celebrity cruises, but last winter on Constellation the internet guy refused to let anyone have them, claiming that the bonus minutes were not combinable with the elite coupons. He didn't care that others allowed it.

We just let it go because we did not want to get into an argument with him.

So we still do not know whether Celebrity has a policy of allowing the free minutes in combination with the elite coupons, or if it is really supposed to be left up to the person in charge of the internet service on each ship.

We were on Constellation last year & had the same uninformed attendant - I went straight to Guest Relations, toting the Captains Club hostess with me to ask the question. They were all properly horrified. The Guest Relations manager immediately took care of the situation. Our minutes were correctly used with the elite coupons. The attendant hadn't been trained on coupon use. As always, X customer service is superb

I went straight to Guest Relations, toting the Captains Club hostess with me to ask the question. They were all properly horrified. The Guest Relations manager immediately took care of the situation.

I would've been outraged too. The idea that someone was not trained on coupon use is incomprehensible. They should've comp'd your cruise or an OBC for drinks to take the edge off on your subsequent iLounge sessions. :cool:

We were on Constellation last year & had the same uninformed attendant - I went straight to Guest Relations, toting the Captains Club hostess with me to ask the question. They were all properly horrified. The Guest Relations manager immediately took care of the situation. Our minutes were correctly used with the elite coupons. The attendant hadn't been trained on coupon use. As always, X customer service is superb

Interesting. I asked once and was told no. Haven't bothered to ask since. Just to be clear, you're saying that it is Celebrity's policy that we get the bonus minutes if we book on the first day using our Elite coupon?

Interesting. I asked once and was told no. Haven't bothered to ask since. Just to be clear, you're saying that it is Celebrity's policy that we get the bonus minutes if we book on the first day using our Elite coupon?

It was the second day, using elite minutes with bonus minutes listed in daily paper. Ended up only using about 5 minutes cause I was too busy doing other stuff...:D

Have a new iPad - does anyone know if it'll work on the balconies, or just in the ilounge?

Really enjoy this thread

It was the second day, using elite minutes with bonus minutes listed in daily paper. Ended up only using about 5 minutes cause I was too busy doing other stuff...:D

Have a new iPad - does anyone know if it'll work on the balconies, or just in the ilounge?

Really enjoy this thread

Your iPad will work anywhere you can pick up the wi-fi signal.

Anyone have a good idea on how best to travel from Southampton to London following deparking from Celebrity Eclipse at end of transatlantic cruise May 4,2012. There is a train and excursion that goes to the airport but I am not interested in going to the airport as I plan to stay over in London and visit a friend.

We live only 25 miles from Southampton and i can say the best way to get to London is to catch the train from Southamton train station, best to get a cab as its about half hour walk, only bout 1 and a half hours into Waterloo station, bang in london centre, all subway connections at Waterloo too, checkout timetable on line, Southwest Trains

Yes - we've always been able to get the 1st day bonus minutes and use the coupon.

The only exception was on the Equinox on Oct. - they only offered bonus minutes on the packages greater than 90 minutes (for everyone). We could have bought one of those, received the bonus minutes, and had the coupon value deducted from the price. However, 90 minutes each was more than enough for us - so we just took our free packages instead.

Mike

Awesome thread. First time cruisers, booked in Aqua Class on the Reflection 02/02/13.

Any great tips for lunch on the ship?

What are typical hours for the buffet? Walk in/walk out?

Is it worth booking a specialty restaurant for lunch? Same charge?

What is the attire for lunch?

Thanks in advance.

Any great tips for lunch on the ship?

Try the Aqua Spa Cafe.

What are typical hours for the buffet? Walk in/walk out?

Pretty much open all the time during the day. Hours will be in the Daily.

Is it worth booking a specialty restaurant for lunch? Same charge?

Most are not open for lunch. Check your Daily.

What is the attire for lunch?

Casual. No bathing suits.

Is there a charge for lunch at the PORCH on Embarkation day?

If we have a dinner for two included in our "deal", can we book it in advance, or do we have to pay if we book the restaurant before boarding?

Do all the private dining restaurants offer a discount on the first day?

Is there a charge for lunch at the PORCH on Embarkation day?

If we have a dinner for two included in our "deal", can we book it in advance, or do we have to pay if we book the restaurant before boarding?

Do all the private dining restaurants offer a discount on the first day?

Hi, Yes there is a charge for lunch at the Porch on the first day.

Question 2, I will let someone who knows the correct answer reply.

As for the discounts on the first day? You need to ask after you

board the ship because it is not a definite on every ship/every

cruise.

Thanks so much whoever posted about removing the balcony barriers between rooms next door. That was the best! It was the one reason I didn't want to cruise as usually we lost track of our (older) kids in their own cabins. With the rooms next door and the balconies open, we were going back and forth and it felt like a true family vacation. Thanks

Thanks for posting. In our case we specifically booked connecting rooms thinking we could open the divider. However it was posted here that on "M" class ships this is not possible. Having only been on HAL I didn't realize this may be a problem. I had had my TA call celebrity even to check before we booked and she said they could be opened. Now I am rethinking our choice of rooms. It was important to us as we enjoy our balcony and to not be able to open up the space would be a big deal. Not sure what to do.

RKnee, When asking about the buffet, do you mean only for lunch? Because Aqua class dining is in its own special dining venue, Blu, which is dining at any time, and so, so special! Don't miss it, and I wouldn't even bother with the specialty for fee restaurants, cause as I said Blu is special unto itself!

Donna

Does Celebrity still have the little white cardboard covers for the water glasses in the room?

If they do then I have a GREAT tip.

I turn them upside down and put small jewelry or change in them in the safe so they don't get lost on the open bottom.

RKnee' date=' When asking about the buffet, do you mean only for lunch? Because Aqua class dining is in its own special dining venue, Blu, which is dining at any time, and so, so special! Don't miss it, and I wouldn't even bother with the specialty for fee restaurants, cause as I said Blu is special unto itself!

Donna[/quote']

Yes, I was only asking about lunch. I think I had read that Blu was only open for Breakfast and Dinner. Did I get that correct?

This is a wonderful space at any time for reading and relaxing. However it is really a great space to watch the ship enter a port due to wide vistas seen from this high bow location. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Yes, I was only asking about lunch. I think I had read that Blu was only open for Breakfast and Dinner. Did I get that correct?

Yes, you are correct. Blu is only opened for breakfast and dinner.

Just ask your butler the first day. It's actually a nice cheese plate, too, far nicer than the canapes.

We've actually asked for a fruit plate instead of the cheese or canapes. It usually has some melon, grapes, etc. The cheese tray is very good also.

Jeanne & Bob

The treats in the glass case at Cafe Al Bacio are complimentary and they can be packaged to go. The mini-sandwiches, which are available mid-day make a great appetizer to go with pre-dinner wine/cocktails on the veranda. Just keep them cold in your room fridge. And the desserts are delicious whenever!!

so, you don't have to buy any coffee? just get your snacks and go? I would love that. also, on another note...if you were to go on a 2 week cruise, do you get more coupons (we are elite members because we transferred in from a diamond member on RCCL) Just wondering if we would get more laundry coupons, so we could pack less. Never did a 2 week cruise before, anything different?Do you happen to know if there is a discount if you eat at the specialty restaurant the first night? thank you so much. oh and we are looking at the eclipse, do they have the hot glass show? or has that been removed?

Archived