The "new" Celebrity Secrets thread

ghstudio

Does anyone know the last possible day you can purchase a classic drink package while onboard your cruise? We will be doing a 7 day Caribbean on the Silhouette and we are undecided wether to purchase it or not. I think someone posted you can do it by day 3 or 4 max.

Thanks

From the Celebrity website:

Can I purchase a beverage package for a portion of my cruise?

It can be purchased on board up until there are two nights left in the cruise and must be purchased for the remainder of the voyage.

Hope this helps.

Well that's a silly rule....just makes more work for the butlers! The barristas have to look at your room card anyhow to charge the beverage.....what am I missing here?

What about the converse...will the suite butler who is bringing your free espresso or cappuccino to your suite, bring you a sandwich or pastry from the cafe?

That's what the butlers are for. No room cards involved. Butlers only serve those eligible for free specialty coffees.

Originally Posted by VivianK View Post

I asked Celebrity if I could bring soft drinks on board and she said "only if they are not offered on the ship". So, the only soda not offered-she went through the list- that I like is Fresca. Has anyone else gotten this information from a Celebrity representative.

Thanks!

We were told the same thing when we called Celebrity about a month ago. Can only bring a brand of soft drink that the ship didnt currently offer.

Yes, then you can look like Vincent 'The Chin' Gigante shuffling along Little Italy sidewalks in NYC.

That's too funny. I remember seeing his pix in the Post and News all the time. That act kept him out of jail for a while, but the Feds finally caught up with him.

I asked Celebrity if I could bring soft drinks on board and she said "only if they are not offered on the ship". So, the only soda not offered-she went through the list- that I like is Fresca. Has anyone else gotten this information from a Celebrity representative.

Thanks!

We were told the same thing when we called Celebrity about a month ago. Can only bring a brand of soft drink that the ship didnt currently offer.

I have cruise X since 2001 and have never had an issue bringing on diet coke, fully visable.I always pick some up in ports too and thru the scanner and back to me it goes.

Thanks!

Well, you have a choice. You can choose to believe the Celebrity reps who have never cruised on a Celebrity ship and are somewhat infamous for giving incorrect information. Or you can choose to believe the folks who have actually sailed, some many times, on Celebrity ships, who report to you that you may bring on any soft drinks you choose, because they have actually done it. I'm one who has done it. My soft drink of choice is Coke. I assure you that Celebrity sells Coke on board. I had no problem bringing Coke on.

Well, you have a choice. You can choose to believe the Celebrity reps who have never cruised on a Celebrity ship and are somewhat infamous for giving incorrect information. Or you can choose to believe the folks who have actually sailed, some many times, on Celebrity ships, who report to you that you may bring on any soft drinks you choose, because they have actually done it. I'm one who has done it. My soft drink of choice is Coke. I assure you that Celebrity sells Coke on board. I had no problem bringing Coke on.
RC reps and internet site say the same thing and it is equaly untrue. Bring on what you want!

Clearly a strategy by RCI to fatten up profits at both of their brands.

I'm looking for help with a good "Celebrity Secret" that I can use as a wedding gift for my sister and will-be husband on board the summit. We are sailing as a group to see them married on the beach in Bermuda, and I would like to treat them

to something special. I can't afford much more than $100 (already spending a little bit here to join them on the cruise) but I do want to add a nice memory for them. I know I could get them a meal at one of the specialty restaurants or send the a bottle of champagne, but I'm looking for something a little more unique than that. Any ideas?

How about the package where they get a bottle of bubbly, rose petals in a heart shape on their bed and some chocolate covered strawberries? Friends of our received that for their anniversary, and they were thrilled. I'm not sure of the price, but it would be less than $100. A photo of themselves would be nice too.

I'm looking for help with a good "Celebrity Secret" that I can use as a wedding gift for my sister and will-be husband on board the summit. We are sailing as a group to see them married on the beach in Bermuda, and I would like to treat them to something special. I can't afford much more than $100 (already spending a little bit here to join them on the cruise) but I do want to add a nice memory for them. I know I could get them a meal at one of the specialty restaurants or send the a bottle of champagne, but I'm looking for something a little more unique than that. Any ideas?

You are a nice sister:).....not sure how much it costs but maybe a spa

treatment for the 2 of them..couple's massage maybe?

I'm looking for help with a good "Celebrity Secret" that I can use as a wedding gift for my sister and will-be husband on board the summit. We are sailing as a group to see them married on the beach in Bermuda, and I would like to treat them to something special. I can't afford much more than $100 (already spending a little bit here to join them on the cruise) but I do want to add a nice memory for them. I know I could get them a meal at one of the specialty restaurants or send the a bottle of champagne, but I'm looking for something a little more unique than that. Any ideas?

Not sure if Celebrity has it (RCCL did) a "special cruise" photo album and possibly some "special" photos to add to it .... IF not offered by X, how about buying an engraved (with wedding date or cruise info) photo album and then buying "photo" package onboard ... those costs add up quickly & maybe they could get more than they initially planned.

I'm looking for help with a good "Celebrity Secret" that I can use as a wedding gift for my sister and will-be husband on board the summit. We are sailing as a group to see them married on the beach in Bermuda, and I would like to treat them

to something special. I can't afford much more than $100 (already spending a little bit here to join them on the cruise) but I do want to add a nice memory for them. I know I could get them a meal at one of the specialty restaurants or send the a bottle of champagne, but I'm looking for something a little more unique than that. Any ideas?

If you want to add a nice memory for them, how about taking pictures (at the wedding and throughout the cruise) and actually having them printed up and put in an album, or if you're computer savvy, there are sites out there for actually making a photo book for them. Won't cost you $100 and I think the memories will last longer. You could enlist the other family members and friends in the project as well.

If you want to add a nice memory for them, how about taking pictures (at the wedding and throughout the cruise) and actually having them printed up and put in an album, or if you're computer savvy, there are sites out there for actually making a photo book for them. Won't cost you $100 and I think the memories will last longer. You could enlist the other family members and friends in the project as well.

Great idea!! Thats what we do for ourselves on Vacations-=-take pics, then put them into a hardcover album! Snapfish, mixbook, etc etc all do it-For a very nice hardcover book, its very cheap, you can find great deals on Groupon, slickdeals, etc etc on them!! And they are simple to do--Click and drag the picture into their software, so simple, a guy like me can do it! And then they mail out the completed book, very fast turn around. And its a great keepsake!! I think my 20 page hard cover book on mixbook was less than $30!! And really thats 40 pages of photos (double sided) and a pic on the front and back cover! They have many different templates--can add words to it as well. Great way to recall vacations...and sooo much cheaper/easier than do a scrap book

RC reps and internet site say the same thing and it is equaly untrue. Bring on what you want!

Clearly a strategy by RCI to fatten up profits at both of their brands.

I think you are giving them too much credit. I think ignorance is the more likely explanation...

Mike

How about the package where they get a bottle of bubbly, rose petals in a heart shape on their bed and some chocolate covered strawberries? Friends of our received that for their anniversary, and they were thrilled. I'm not sure of the price, but it would be less than $100. A photo of themselves would be nice too.

We booked this for friends of ours and it was at a cost of $50. They called us when they got into a US port and to tell us they thought it was very special. They said at first they thought they went into the wrong room -- guess Celebrity really did it up nicely. They thought it was very special at a cost that wasn't so hefty. I think it would make a nice memory for their special day....or any day you choose for it to be done.

Is there a number that I call to talk to a real person about special occasions? I just did my online check in thing and wanted to have it noted on my reservation that we'll be celebrating out 9th anniversary and find out what our options were for something special to celebrate the date.

Also, does anyone know, if I booked a C3 guaranty, and Celebrity has assigned me a cabin number, but I wanted to find out if any upgrades were available and how much more that would cost, should I contact my generic online travel agent or just talk to Celebrity directly?

Thanks for all of the help! Have loved reading through this thread. This will be our 1st time trying Celebrity and my husband's 2nd cruise over all. :)

Is there a number that I call to talk to a real person about special occasions? I just did my online check in thing and wanted to have it noted on my reservation that we'll be celebrating out 9th anniversary and find out what our options were for something special to celebrate the date.

Also, does anyone know, if I booked a C3 guaranty, and Celebrity has assigned me a cabin number, but I wanted to find out if any upgrades were available and how much more that would cost, should I contact my generic online travel agent or just talk to Celebrity directly?

Thanks for all of the help! Have loved reading through this thread. This will be our 1st time trying Celebrity and my husband's 2nd cruise over all. :)

I would not count on anything happening differently by noting your special occasion on your reservation.

Once Celebrity assigns you a cabin number, you can ask to be changed to any other vacant C3 and there is no charge to do this. As far as upgrades, any upgrade will be from the price you paid to whatever the fare is in the new category. It is not based on the current price of a C3 cabin. If you paid $1000 for your C3 guarantee and the current price of the cabin you booked is now $1500, then if you wanted to upgrade to a C2 now priced at $1700, you would pay $700 more to upgrade, not $200.

It doesn't matter if you call celebrity or your TA.....you'll get the same answer.

I would not count on anything happening differently by noting your special occasion on your reservation.

Once Celebrity assigns you a cabin number, you can ask to be changed to any other vacant C3 and there is no charge to do this. As far as upgrades, any upgrade will be from the price you paid to whatever the fare is in the new category. It is not based on the current price of a C3 cabin. If you paid $1000 for your C3 guarantee and the current price of the cabin you booked is now $1500, then if you wanted to upgrade to a C2 now priced at $1700, you would pay $700 more to upgrade, not $200.

It doesn't matter if you call celebrity or your TA.....you'll get the same answer.

Thank you for the information.

I'm not counting on anything happening per se, but if I don't say anything, I can count on Nothing happening! ;)

I guess I will keep tracking the prices and if I see something good for a higher category I will inquire.

DH bought some really "great" walkie talkies on our family cruise to keep in touch with everyone and they Did not work 90% of the time.. Lucky for him I always pack Post It's to leave messages for kids or family on your door.. ;)

These are not necessarily Celebrity hints, but . .

On our last cruise we say a dry erase board attached to the door with those removable hooks. We also use a dry erase marker on the mirror to leave notes to each other.

Could anyone answer this for me please.

We are sailing in two weeks on Celebrity Solstice Deluxe Verandah Cabin - we read somewhere that shampoo and conditioner is not supplied in these cabins - we need to bring our own.

Is this true?

Could anyone answer this for me please.

We are sailing in two weeks on Celebrity Solstice Deluxe Verandah Cabin - we read somewhere that shampoo and conditioner is not supplied in these cabins - we need to bring our own.

Is this true?

No, it is not true. You get shampoo, conditioner and lotion.

... ... We are sailing in two weeks on Celebrity Solstice Deluxe Verandah Cabin - we read somewhere that shampoo and conditioner is not supplied in these cabins - we need to bring our own.... ...Is this true?

It is supplied. However, you may want to bring your own if you prefer certain brand.

In two weeks? Well, see you onboard, we are on the same cruise...

Archived