The "new" Celebrity Secrets thread

ghstudio

You won't get foie gras in ANY Celebrity dining room. Maitre'd in Murano told us on Reflection cruise that RCL/Celebrity corporate made a decision to stop serving for animal ethics reasons.

Yippee for Celebrity!!! :) One more reason for me to choose Celebrity over other lines.

It is on the latest menu I could find for Ocean Liners, as an appetizer, but not sure if we'll be eating there or not. On other ships/lines that I've been on, I've been able to get *something* that was only offered in a specialty restaurant if I smiled nicely and asked the MDR maitre' de.

Why would you ask for something that is not served in that restaurant? I think that it is wrong to do that when they are serving alot of people.

Why would you ask for something that is not served in that restaurant? I think that it is wrong to do that when they are serving alot of people.
If you aren't upset with a "no" answer,what's the harm? Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

If you aren't upset with a "no" answer,what's the harm? Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

They often are able to bring you other things not on the menu. It seems like most things come from central kitchen. If they have it you will get it!

They do a lot of Special items for special diets and requests. Often they do have a lot of items not listed. They can always say no but do not like to say no without offering up some surprise!

One of the appetizers on the menu (if it's the same as my previuos Celebrity cruises) is often one of the "signature" appetizers from either Murano or OceanLiners. A really popular one is the goat cheese souffle', I believe.

One of the appetizers on the menu (if it's the same as my previuos Celebrity cruises) is often one of the "signature" appetizers from either Murano or OceanLiners. A really popular one is the goat cheese souffle', I believe.

Hi May,:) you are correct. That started a couple of years ago (I think).

Each evening there is usually 1 item from The Specialty Restaurant.

I just looked on the website and cannot find Foie Gras listed. Not that

the website even has the right stuff:rolleyes:...but maybe they did take it

off the menu.

Oceanliners would be the equivalent of Murano.

Like the previous poster said. Many food items are either prepared and/or stored in one central area, and it's often not difficult to get something that is on the menu. IF they still have the foie gras on the menu at Ocean Liners, and we decide that we aren't going to eat there, then I WILL request it in the MDR. If they say they can't do it, then it's fine with me. It certainly never hurts to ask. OTOH, if they can accomodate my request, they would be compensated for doing so. The staff on these ships are supposedly there to please you, and will do all they can to do just that.

Does anybody know if there's any discernible difference amongst the Sweet Sixteen cabins on the M class ships?

The Sweet Sixteen name was coined on Cruise Critic. The forward most 16 veranda cabins (eight on each side) of the M Class ships have verandas that are double depth. We stayed in one of these (6030) and had no issues with sound from the theatre nor any other sound issues.

This photo says it all if you compare the depth of vranda 6030 to 6028:

Go to post #16 in M Class Sweet 16 Cabins board - Lounger on balcony

Photos and advice!

Thanks! Now I'm really psyched!

Thanks, glad to hear you loved your experience. I had found posts where plenty of cruisers said there was no noise from the theater on the deck below, and I was glad to hear that.

I couldn't find the thread with the photos you mentioed at post #16. I'm especially curious to see, b/c I chose a Sweet Sixteen cabin that's right next to the last one "that isn't" one, and I was especially curious to try to figure out if it's good to have the very first one, or if I should've chosen one with a Sweet Sixteen on either side.

Thanks, glad to hear you loved your experience. I had found posts where plenty of cruisers said there was no noise from the theater on the deck below, and I was glad to hear that.

I couldn't find the thread with the photos you mentioed at post #16. I'm especially curious to see, b/c I chose a Sweet Sixteen cabin that's right next to the last one "that isn't" one, and I was especially curious to try to figure out if it's good to have the very first one, or if I should've chosen one with a Sweet Sixteen on either side.

Do a copy and paste.

copy M Class Sweet 16 Cabins board

then paste it into the search box at the upper right on the cruise critic page. It will bring up a bunch of sweet sixteen boards

Sweet Sixteen Cabins on M Class - Cruise Critic Message Boards

Apr 7, 2012 ... Can someone please tell me the numbers of the sweet sixteen cabins. I had them somewhere but now i can't find them.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1610519

M Class Sweet 16 Cabins - Lounger on balcony - Cruise Critic ...

Mar 21, 2011 ... M Class Sweet 16 Cabins - Lounger on balcony Celebrity Cruises.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1383267

Sweet 16 cabins on M class - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

Mar 20, 2012 ... We had one on Connie in January. The balcony is double depth, and we got lucky to have a lounger, ever though the CA wanted to remove it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1597614

M class ships: "Sweet 16" cabin 6023 ... noise? - Cruise Critic ...

Jan 14, 2012 ... M class ships: "Sweet 16" cabin 6023 ... noise? Celebrity Cruises.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1548613

M Class Sweet 16 Cabins - Lounger on balcony [Archive] - Cruise ...

[Archive] M Class Sweet 16 Cabins - Lounger on balcony Celebrity Cruises.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/archive/index.php/t-1383267.html

[Archive] Sweet Sixteen Cabins on M Class Celebrity Cruises.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/archive/index.php/t-1610519.html

M class 7175 or Sweet 16 - Cruise Critic Message Boards

The "sweet 16" cabins are standard cabins with large balconies located near the front of the M-class ships. The aft C1s are concierge class ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/archive/index.php/t-1301491.html

cabins affected by solsticizing M-class ships - Cruise Critic Message ...

Feb 9, 2013 ... cabins affected by solsticizing M-class ships Celebrity Cruises. ... I'm specifically wondering if any of the "sweet sixteen" cabins are any different. .... Guidelines and Message Board Forum Help, Need Help Using The Boards?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1785575

M Class Sweet 16 Cabins - Lounger on balcony - Page 2 - Cruise ...

May 3, 2011 ... M Class Sweet 16 Cabins - Lounger on balcony Celebrity Cruises.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=29014872

Sweet 16 vs. 6135 on M class - Cruise Critic Message Boards

We've landed aft CCs for several M-class cruises, and were in a sweet 16 last time. The cabin is a little smaller than a CC, with less storage it ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/archive/index.php/t-742766.html

Aqua class VS Sweet 16 C2 Cabin Deck 6 [Archive] - Cruise Critic ...

[Archive] Aqua class VS Sweet 16 C2 Cabin Deck 6 Celebrity Cruises. ... smaller than CC cabins, which are larger on M class (or maybe also the AQ .... http:// boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32533988&postcount=3 ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/archive/index.php/t-1701446.html

... you are obviously WAY more experienced at searching for stuff than I am. I thank you so much for giving me this great compilation of threads.

I did get to LSimon's post that supposedly has the photos, but evidently the photo website they had used has been usurped by a different one (Webshots has now become Smile?), and again, my computer skills did not allow me to figure out how to access the photo.

The second time I tried it (just now), I was willing to "sign up" for Smile -- but the fill-in areas had no labels, so I didn't know what they wanted.

Thanks for all of your efforts in trying to help me! Gotta love CruiseCritic, made up overwhelmingly of cruisers who love helping other cruisers!!!

... you are obviously WAY more experienced at searching for stuff than I am. I thank you so much for giving me this great compilation of threads.

I did get to LSimon's post that supposedly has the photos, but evidently the photo website they had used has been usurped by a different one (Webshots has now become Smile?), and again, my computer skills did not allow me to figure out how to access the photo.

The second time I tried it (just now), I was willing to "sign up" for Smile -- but the fill-in areas had no labels, so I didn't know what they wanted.

Thanks for all of your efforts in trying to help me! Gotta love CruiseCritic, made up overwhelmingly of cruisers who love helping other cruisers!!!

Keep looking in those treads. There are several ones with a photo.

Sweet Sixteen Cabins on M Class

Apr 7, 2012 ... Can someone please tell me the numbers of the sweet sixteen cabins. I had them somewhere but now i can't find them.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1610519

The very first one on my previous post

This one has a photo at post #6

Hope this helps!

Hi all

Not sure if this has come up as I'm still on page 11!!!!

We had a balcony cabin with a standard hair dryer (you have to hold button down) I spoke to our room attendant and guest relations and explained I had very long hair and it took an age to dry with it......., I came back to my cabin in the afternoon to a better hair dryer, more powerful & I didn't have to hold the stupid button down ( I assume from the suites ) :). ... Brilliant service

We prepaid the tips. Is it customary to tip beyond that?

Hey, Steinhatchee! Beautiful place. We are from Jax. Spent time as a child and then a few years ago at a wedding,

But, to answer your question. No additional tipping is necessary but many do add something if they are pleased by the service. We customarily add a couple of $ a day for room steward, his helper, waiter and assistant. We feel they work so hard they deserve it. Not everyone feels that and it is a personal choice. I would, however, venture to say more add extra than not.

Hi - first time cruiser here - I am planning on buying a premium drink package on my upcoming Celebrity cruise (transatlantic 5/1 on Infinity). I've been loving this thread, and remember reading that someone said to wait until the ship is in international waters, because the package price won't have tax on it.

Can someone confirm that this is true, that things don't have taxes once they are in international waters?

Or....do they always do specials on the drink packages when we board, or is that only sometimes?

thanks for any advice!

Moseylou

• 2 weeks later...

Of course this is not a secret.

For those who might want to know what kind of tea is available for free, on our last cruise on the Solstice there are decent varieties, all in the MHAI DIVA brand (Ceylon).

Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Green Tea, Jasmine, Cammomile, Cinnamon, Mango, Raspberries etc. Fruity flavours alternates and may not be available at times.

We are happy, and never have to pay extra for premihm tea.

Of course this is not a secret.

For those who might want to know what kind of tea is available for free, on our last cruise on the Solstice there are decent varieties, all in the MHAI DIVA brand (Ceylon).

Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Green Tea, Jasmine, Cammomile, Cinnamon, Mango, Raspberries etc. Fruity flavours alternates and may not be available at times.

We are happy, and never have to pay extra for premium tea.

And you can pour your fresh tea over ice....:)

Archived