The "new" Celebrity Secrets thread

ghstudio

Thanks for the tips. I'm off in less than 2 weeks to go on my first Celebrity cruise. Are there any tips/secrets related to shore excursions? It looks like Celebrity really, really wants you to book in advance, and almost implies you might be out of luck if you don't. Of course, the link on the web site that is supposed to provide more information on shore excursions doesn't work, so that doesn't help me. From what I've heard several people on here say, calling Celebrity won't necessarily get me the correct answer. SO - anybody want to venture a guess as to how often shore excursions are actually totally full? Also, if I pay for something pre-cruise and then want to cancel on board, is that possible? We're in the Caribbean, on Summit, if that makes a difference in your answers.

too bad my travel agent (we're going with a group) is delaying getting us excursions :mad: She has a website that has very little to book, and she said she'll be doing it soon, but hasn't gotten us the full excursion list. A little more than 6 weeks to go, and....we're not booked with excursions yet. And a lot of the fun of cruising is thinking about what to do for port. She's taking the fun out of it, so I just come here and plan the cruise lol

Can anyone tell me generally what kind of specials are offered for booking while on your current Celebrity cruise? Thinking of doing something in 2015 and by the time we go on our upcoming June 2013 cruise the 2015 spring schedules should be out.

too bad my travel agent (we're going with a group) is delaying getting us excursions :mad: She has a website that has very little to book, and she said she'll be doing it soon, but hasn't gotten us the full excursion list. A little more than 6 weeks to go, and....we're not booked with excursions yet. And a lot of the fun of cruising is thinking about what to do for port. She's taking the fun out of it, so I just come here and plan the cruise lol

So why don't you try logging in to the Celebrity site by making yourself a User I.D and password. After you have that you go the section where future cruises are and you add your reservation number. Once you do that your cruise will appear and you will be able to browse the available excursions at each port, as well as book apa treatments, buy beverage packages....etc.

Can anyone tell me generally what kind of specials are offered for booking while on your current Celebrity cruise? Thinking of doing something in 2015 and by the time we go on our upcoming June 2013 cruise the 2015 spring schedules should be out.

Usually it is $150 it depends on the type of room you book and the amounts go up with cost of room.

So why don't you try logging in to the Celebrity site by making yourself a User I.D and password. After you have that you go the section where future cruises are and you add your reservation number. Once you do that your cruise will appear and you will be able to browse the available excursions at each port, as well as book apa treatments, buy beverage packages....etc.
Another option is to call the Celebrity Cruise Enhancements Desk (also called PreCruise Sales) at 800 722 5941.

You can do this even if you have booked with a TA.

While this sounds logical and should work...the operative word is should! On our last TA, the excursions never appeared on-line when you looked at your specific cruise.

If you want to find the excursions available, go to the celebrity web site and select "destinations"...then pick the area where you will be crusing and you'll find all the excursions that are offered. If you want to book any, call celebrity directly...even if you're with a group, you can book excursions directly with celebrity.

Note: If you book an excursion in advance, it will be charged to your credit card (not your on board account). If you cancel the reservation prior to sailing, it will be credited back to your credit card....if you cancel on board (24 hours before..but read your voucher...some are longer), your refund will be to your on-board account.

As far as excursions filling up....yes, some do....but they are the excursions that have an obvious limitation....segway rides, horses, helicopter to dog sled rides...where there are a limited number of segways/horses/seats etc. Excursions that are bus type excursions seldom fill up because they can always add a bus.

Finally, if you want to book a tour, but you want it to come from your on board account because you have an on board credit, you can book it in advance and then when on board, you can try to cancel it and rebook it. Just make sure that the excursion desk will do this because sometimes they have a suite guest who wants to do an excursion and they might just give them priority when you cancel...instead of you.

Thanks, everyone for the info on excursions. I think I'll just not worry about it too much and see what happens when I get on the ship!

As to my Celebrity secrets, I have none, as I have never cruised Celebrity. However, for all cruises, I hate carrying a purse, anything around my neck, or relying on pockets, which I often don't have, to contain my key card (sea pass?). Therefore, I have a wrist band that I bought to hold a small cell phone and I put the pass in there. It also makes it easier to find when I go off and back on the ship - no more fumbling around!

Oh, and to orient myself to my cabin (in other words, if I need to turn left or right when getting off the elevators, or whatever) I note what side the wall phone is on ("my" side or "the other side") and that helps me find my way easier. I don't know if Celebrity has wall phones by each elevator, but if not, you get the idea. Also, if I'm likely to confuse the aft elevators/stairs with the forward elevators/stairs, I look at the art work behind the stairs.

I'm in my first suite for my next cruise an have a butler. Will he bring us cheese instead of canapes?

We had suite with butler on Constellation last April and on Summit in July. WHATEVER we asked for we got. No questions asked. When we finished the complimentary bottle of Vodka, we asked for and received another.

Would someone please suggest a nice table for 2 in a quiet area on Eclipse ? We have Select Dining and would like to pre-book a table or at least know of a table to request once on board.

I'm guessing the Equinox is the same as Eclipse, and I don't know about Select Dining, but DH and I had a two-top next to the wine enclosure. It's near the entrance to the kitchen (but of course he was a gentleman and I had my back to that view). The best part is there's nobody within talking distance.

Now, don't get me wrong. Some of my nicest conversations with other cruisers have been at two-tops right next to another (often in a row of three). But DH and I choose to dine alone b/c we don't care to chit-chat with others. We chit-chat with each other, lol.

I'm thinking that the higher deck will have that type of table available for Select. As soon as you get on board, go visit whoever is doing table assignments and reservations. They're always happy to let you wander inside looking at tables (or, anyway, you will think they're happy, even if they are stifling their annoyance!).

Would someone please suggest a nice table for 2 in a quiet area on Eclipse ? We have Select Dining and would like to pre-book a table or at least know of a table to request once on board.

You can't actually book a specific table. Once on board, you can talk to the maitre d' who is seating folks and indicate where you would prefer to sit. A reservation just gets you to the front of the line, they don't actually reserve a table for you. Of course, if you talk to them, they might try to hold a table for you....a nice tip might improve your chances, of course.

I haven't been on a celebrity cruise for quite a few years because we have been doing RCCL but I am looking at doing Eclipse in Nov. The question I have is there use to be a cafe that you could go to and buy the best hot chocolate I ever had do they still sell it? Also on RCCL they have a special restaurant that the Diamond and above would use for breakfast does Celebrity have a special restaurant for Elite members?

• 2 weeks later...

I think this tip was not mentioned, although it might not be a "new" one...

The hairdryers on Celebrity have a button on them that has to be held down with your finger in order for the dryer to stay on. You can bring a rubberband onboard with you to wrap around the button and then the dryer will stay on while you are drying your hair without you having to personally hold it down. This certainly is a HUGE help for me.

I haven't been on a celebrity cruise for quite a few years because we have been doing RCCL but I am looking at doing Eclipse in Nov. The question I have is there use to be a cafe that you could go to and buy the best hot chocolate I ever had do they still sell it? Also on RCCL they have a special restaurant that the Diamond and above would use for breakfast does Celebrity have a special restaurant for Elite members?

I believe you're thinking of Cafe al Bacio, for the hot chocolate.

Yes, as Elite you are invited to a separate place for breakfast. The fresh squeezed o.j. and the specialty coffees are standouts. When I was on the Equinox, it was in Michael's Club, which was also where the evening cocktail hour was held. I believe it's dependent on the number of Elites.

Enjoy.

I will be on the Silhouette in April 2013. Does anyone know if they are still offering the half price pass for the Persian gardens on embarkation day?

quote=RiciRicardo;33332153]Something else to add to the already long list.

If you are not Aqua Class and really want to indulge in the Persian Garden experience, you can buy a half price pass for the cruise on Embarkation Day.

So for a 13 day cruise like we are about to do, that is $75 for the pass.

You get them at the Spa Desk, on sale that one day only. That is $6 day, can't beat that. Steam, Sauna and relax on the heated chairs watching the world go by.

We had suite with butler on Constellation last April and on Summit in July. WHATEVER we asked for we got. No questions asked. When we finished the complimentary bottle of Vodka, we asked for and received another.

Free vodka? Do all suites get this?

We had a Celebrity suite on the Eclipse, didn't receive any free alcohol apart from a bottle of champagne.

Sorry if this is the wrong place but I am looking everywhere for the answer. Heading off on May 29th Equinox. Various family have cruised celebrity before and are giving me contradicting answers :confused:

Speciality dining: we were thinking of taking the three dinner non alcoholic package at 89 dollars but my sister says she booked this on board and got it for less and I should wait??

Also if I prebook this package it is makingme make one reservation for Day one or two immediately but if I pick day 2 will I miss the formal night?? Can anyone help?

Sorry if this is the wrong place but I am looking everywhere for the answer. Heading off on May 29th Equinox. Various family have cruised celebrity before and are giving me contradicting answers :confused:

Speciality dining: we were thinking of taking the three dinner non alcoholic package at 89 dollars but my sister says she booked this on board and got it for less and I should wait??

Also if I prebook this package it is makingme make one reservation for Day one or two immediately but if I pick day 2 will I miss the formal night?? Can anyone help?

I would like the answer to that also... thanks

I have also read post that you can get a good deal if you wait to book on board, however, it looks like our 4/5/13 Equinox is a full cruise so I would hate to not be able to book at Tuscan's so we are going to book one dinner and then wait and see if they have a special going once we are on board.

Jeannie

Find a Roll Call for someone who either just did your cruise or will do it in the immediate future. Ask there whether the three night package was offered on the ship. I know that on our recent Solstice cruise they offered it many times but that doesn't always mean that it's the same thing on another ship.

Try here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439981&page=23

If memory serves the 3 night package was only $67.

Somewhat started a thread that they had changed cabins from a Concierge to a Aqua-Class with the primary reason

being the chance to eat in Blu. I have heard if there is room, you can eat in Blu if you are a Concierge or Suite guest.

My questions is there room for these cruisers or are all the tables taken by the Aqua-Class people ? Is there a waiting list?

Somewhat started a thread that they had changed cabins from a Concierge to a Aqua-Class with the primary reason

being the chance to eat in Blu. I have heard if there is room, you can eat in Blu if you are a Concierge or Suite guest.

My questions is there room for these cruisers or are all the tables taken by the Aqua-Class people ? Is there a waiting list?

You can eat in Blu on a space available basis ONLY if you are a suite guest--not concierge, which is technically a category lower than AQ. If some AQ guests dine at the specialty restos, or opt for the MDR, or eat in their stateroom, or whatever, that would free up space for suite guests. I have heard that some cruises have been able to freely accomodate suite guests, other cruises not so much. . .

There is also a service charge - $15 ? - for suites passengers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived