The "new" Celebrity Secrets thread

ghstudio

so, you don't have to buy any coffee? just get your snacks and go? I would love that. also, on another note...if you were to go on a 2 week cruise, do you get more coupons (we are elite members because we transferred in from a diamond member on RCCL) Just wondering if we would get more laundry coupons, so we could pack less. Never did a 2 week cruise before, anything different?Do you happen to know if there is a discount if you eat at the specialty restaurant the first night? thank you so much. oh and we are looking at the eclipse, do they have the hot glass show? or has that been removed?

Hi, yes you can get food without buying any coffee.

Yes,:) Eclipse has Hot Glass show. The only ships that do not have it

are Silhoutte and Reflection.

Discounts on the first night for Specialty? You will need to find

out after you board the ship. That can vary so to get the correct

information for your sailing? They take reservations that first day

and so you can find out first hand.

Can't help with the laundry question as I have never been on a

2 week cruise........have fun:D

, on another note...if you were to go on a 2 week cruise, do you get more coupons (we are elite members because we transferred in from a diamond member on RCCL) Just wondering if we would get more laundry coupons, so we could pack less. Never did a 2 week cruise before,

You only get one set of coupons per guest regardless of the length of the cruise.

Mary Lou

What is the Hot Glass show.

Thank you!

It is where they have 3 people who are trained in Glass Blowing and

there are 2 ovens and you can watch them make different things.

(Vases, dishes etc...) If you have never been it is really quite fun and

interesting:). And even if you have, it is fun and interesting to

watch them "do their thing":);)

It is located up on deck 15 and the schedule of when they will have

the shows is listed in your daily.

s.......also, on another note...if you were to go on a 2 week cruise, do you get more coupons (we are elite members because we transferred in from a diamond member on RCCL) Just wondering if we would get more laundry coupons, so we could pack less........

You only get one set of coupons per guest regardless of the length of the cruise.

Mary Lou

If it's a 2 week cruise, Mary Lou is right.... you only get one set of coupons per booking number. If, however, you are on back-to-back 1 week bookings (2 booking numbers) you would get coupons the 1st day of each segment. I mention this because we have done several B2B cruises and always get the 2nd set of coupons on the 1st day of 2nd segment.

Has anyone heard of a program that allows you to stay on the ship late? I know they were offering this on RC .

I think I saw it offered on Celebrity but it is not listed as an option for our Summit cruise from San Juan.

Would happily pay for the privilege of hanging around till noon or so.

OMG - Just went to Celebrity site to see what our cabin is going for. (Don't ask me why I did this :o).

They are listing a 2C for $1643 although you can still get a Balcony Guarantee cabin for $988.

How odd that you may get a 2A or 2B for $1310 less then booking a specific cabin. Very odd.

We were on the Summit for a Panama canal cruise. We booked a hotel stay for two nights through Celebrity post cruise.

Well we were on the Summit until 12:45pm when our transport through Celebrity took us to the hotel, check in was at 3pm.

I had hoped to get off early to the hotel. They kept us on the Summit because what else could they do with us!

We had a great morning on the ship, had a great time! We did know ahead of time so we just had a good morning!

We were in a suite and I felt bad for the people getting on, they had a long wait to get into the suite. Some one told me they just prepare the room very quickly so not to worry!

Has anyone heard of a program that allows you to stay on the ship late? I know they were offering this on RC .

I think I saw it offered on Celebrity but it is not listed as an option for our Summit cruise from San Juan.

OMG - Just went to Celebrity site to see what our cabin is going for. (Don't ask me why I did this :o).

They are listing a 2C for $1643 although you can still get a Balcony Guarantee cabin for $988.

How odd that you may get a 2A or 2B for $1310 less then booking a specific cabin. Very odd.

Richstowe ... when in March are you on the Summit ... we go 3/9/13

Richstowe ... when in March are you on the Summit ... we go 3/9/13
Don't you know Rupert that you are supposed to stalk others on CC by looking at their posts.:D

I am on the one prior to yours, March 2nd. We promise to leave a couple of drinks for you.

BTW, why did you pick this cruise. Was it the itinerary (over ours)? We chose our cruise because it was Spring break.

Don't you know Rupert that you are supposed to stalk others on CC by looking at their posts.:D

I am on the one prior to yours, March 2nd. We promise to leave a couple of drinks for you.

BTW, why did you pick this cruise. Was it the itinerary (over ours)? We chose our cruise because it was Spring break.

We booked last year onboard the AOS with a group of friends on that cruise

So, there have been numerous posts about trading a bottle of wine for a different bottle. Has anyone ever tried to trade for something else? We don't drink liquor, so any chance of trading for a non-alcoholic beverage?

Also, last time I was on Celebrity, they had to die for almond croissants at the Cova Cafe, do they offer those at Cafe Al Bacio?

First time on Celebrity, is it possible to rent a tuxedo onboard or must you order in advance?

Previously had rented on RCCL but last year had issues with arms being ill-fitted (2 different lengths) & wondered if it could be done onboard.

First time on Celebrity, is it possible to rent a tuxedo onboard or must you order in advance?

Previously had rented on RCCL but last year had issues with arms being ill-fitted (2 different lengths) & wondered if it could be done onboard.

Here is the link to the company that organises Tuxedo hire.... I am sure somewhere that it says you MAy be able to get one onboard but is limited supply

http://www.cruiselineformal.com/

Hope that helps

Over recent time, I have found new 'secrets' on this thread.

BUT...no one has posted about the ship photos - which are copyright material - and if you decide to have a ship photo copied to have a second copy, most photo copy shops will refuse (but sometimes they do not check).

However, at the noted web site, you simply get a free copyright release and then you can make as many copies as you wish on-shore. (The multiple prints option on the ship makes them VERY expensive!!).

Go here:

https://www.image.com/html/guest-postcruiseCopyrightReleaseForm.cfm

Enjoying this thread immensely and working my way through the entire thing for my first Celebrity cruise this May. The quoted link no longer works. Does anyone have one that does work? Thanks.

Enjoying this thread immensely and working my way through the entire thing for my first Celebrity cruise this May. The quoted link no longer works. Does anyone have one that does work? Thanks.

This works for me:

http://support.mycruisephotos.com/solution/categories/25020/folders/41243/articles/17180-release-form-information

Haven't seen this addressed yet so hopefully I'm not duplicating from somewhere here.

We are sailing in April on Equinox and got the promo free Classic Bev package which we are upgrading to Premium.

If we want a bottle of wine for our room to enjoy while dressing for dinner, is that an issue? We are in a forward cabin and I think I read that we're going to be a ways from a bar. Trying to carry a glass of wine through the ship will only result in an empty glass once we reach our room! Additionally, when we've sailed before (only on Princess though), my husband has purchased a "bucket o beer" so that he can take a few back to the room to enjoy there. We love spending time on our veranda and don't want to be running back and forth to bars so that we can have our drinks!

Haven't seen this addressed yet so hopefully I'm not duplicating from somewhere here.

We are sailing in April on Equinox and got the promo free Classic Bev package which we are upgrading to Premium.

If we want a bottle of wine for our room to enjoy while dressing for dinner, is that an issue?

I have that same question! We love to sit on our balcony in our robes and just relax with drinks. Do we have to get dressed every time our drinks need refreshing just so we can go back to the bar and get another one?

~ Shari

I know that when we have our bottle of wine for dinner and we don't finish it, it is no problem to take the rest back to the room to enjoy on the balcony.

I'm pretty sure you can go to a bar and get your bottle to take to the room. Just don't forget to have them open it for you - or have a cork screw with you!:eek:

Have Fun!!

Connie

I know that when we have our bottle of wine for dinner and we don't finish it, it is no problem to take the rest back to the room to enjoy on the balcony.

I'm pretty sure you can go to a bar and get your bottle to take to the room. Just don't forget to have them open it for you - or have a cork screw with you!:eek:

Have Fun!!

Connie

Can you get bottles of wine with the drink packages? I thought you could only get them by the glass.

~ Shari

Archived