The "new" Celebrity Secrets thread

ghstudio

A sad day for Mr. Benjamin Franklin and the crew members that will now no longer get his green picture since he never became a President. A sad day indeed.

I think for some reason alot of people do think he was one though......

Are they cool enough for diabetic supplies?

We kept our medications in the refrigerator without any problems. No freezer, so I couldn't keep an ice pack frozen to keep the meds cold through our travels home over the next few days. Upon strong urging, I was able to get them to freeze it for me over night and return it to me in the morning before disembarking.

A sad day for Mr. Benjamin Franklin and the crew members that will now no longer get his green picture since he never became a President. A sad day indeed.
:( No need to be sad since you can always get a picture of Ben for 20 Abes, or 5 Andrews, or a couple of Ulysses ;)

Hmm, what is the plural of Ulysses anyway?

The treats in the glass case at Cafe Al Bacio are complimentary and they can be packaged to go. The mini-sandwiches, which are available mid-day make a great appetizer to go with pre-dinner wine/cocktails on the veranda. Just keep them cold in your room fridge. And the desserts are delicious whenever!!

When was this free? The dining detail page lists the additional cost info as "a la carte" plus 15% gratuity. Could this be something to do with what level cabin/guest you are? :eek:

When was this free? The dining detail page lists the additional cost info as "a la carte" plus 15% gratuity. Could this be something to do with what level cabin/guest you are? :eek:

Have just returned from a Solstice cruise. Food in Cafe Al Bacio certainly was free of charge (and nobody asked what level cabin/guest). You have to pay for beverages (coffees, teas, soft drinks) though with a 15% gratuity applied.

I looked for the mentioned mini-sandwiches on a couple of occasions but always only saw (very yummy) sweet items (like muffins, donuts, danish, sometimes actual cakes/tortes)

The staff were always happy to put whatever you selected in little paper bags to take away :)

The specialty coffees/drinks are an additional charge. The sandwiches/deserts are free. :)

The specialty coffees/drinks are an additional charge. The sandwiches/deserts are free. :)

Unless you have the premium beverage package in which all beverages there are free,or rather included in the fee you've already prepaid.

No, everything but drinks are free for all passengers

• 3 weeks later...
Is it true that if one person in a cabin orders the "premium" beverage package ... everyone in the cabin must order it?

No, not true at all. But sharing of the packages is prohibited.

I know many people where one person orders the premium and the

other orders the classic...or one person is not a drinker at all so they

order the non-alcholic package and the other orders the premium.

Hey Lois, Happy New Year to you! I hope 2013 is filled with nothing but good things for you. Thank you for always being so helpful and informative on these boards. Maybe we'll sail again on the same cruise sometime soon. Best wishes to you.

Pat

Hey Lois, Happy New Year to you! I hope 2013 is filled with nothing but good things for you. Thank you for always being so helpful and informative on these boards. Maybe we'll sail again on the same cruise sometime soon. Best wishes to you.

Pat

Hi Pat:) thanks and Happy New Year right back at you too with lots

of cruises;) and I agree, it would be fun to sail together again.

Thank you .. that was my idea do order 2 packages that fit our personal preferences.

I don't know what you're reading, but the treats at Bacio and Cova have always been free.

Appreciate Linda and others clarifying on this little detail. I had thought that the desserts and other food items were added cost at this Bacio location. Good to know for our getting-closer Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Australia-NZ cruise on the Solstice.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 113,778 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

The PORCH (Reflection and Silhouette) is open for lunch on embarkation day. However, it is not included in the list of venues open for lunch which is handed out when you check-in. A wonderful alternative to the crowds in the Ocean View Cafe.

They don't always put Friday night services in the dailies, either. Look on the bulletin board which is generally somewhere near the guest relations area. There are always Friday night services, though they are mostly do-it-yourself led by one of the braver passengers.

We did a 15 night cruise a few years back - had 2 Sundays and both were sea days. We had a Lutheran and a Baptist (us) lead a service together and it turned out very well (at least IMHO). Wish we could do more things like this together.

Thank you .. that was my idea do order 2 packages that fit our personal preferences.

Glad to help and that is the way to go:) order what is best for each

person:)

Cafe el braco... Can you get drinks there with the classic package?

Yes...almost all of them....a few exceptions

And fyi to prior poster......

The savory sandwiches are usually out in the afternoon

Morning and evening are sweets

This is a favorite place for us for a light lunch and a great iced tea ....we get our money back in spades with our purchases from bacio ( using the drink pkg)

Hi, everyone! You can order a (quite tasty) veggie burger at the Mast Grill -- when I last sailed, it wasn't on the menu, I had to ask for it. But they were very careful to use separate utensils and grill it on a separate area, even without my asking them to do so (important if you're a vegetarian like I am).

Archived