The "new" Celebrity Secrets thread

ghstudio

Also, there was a Q&A forum hosted by Cruise Critic the first part of this month (Oct. '12) with the new CEO of Celebrity. Someone asked him about being able to eat in the MDR if you are AQ, and therefore "assigned" to Blu. The CEO stated unequivocally that you can eat in either location as you choose. Furthermore, Blu has no set dining times, so you would be "anytime dining" in the MDR. I think other folks have answered that question, but I wasn't sure if anyone knew about the new Q&A thread that clarifies the issue concretely.

Thanks in advance for advice about the Persian Garden and happy cruising to everyone!

-Chad

99% of the time AQ guests have had no difficulty eating in the MDR. If it were me I would just take a copy of the CEO's statement just in case someone in the MRD thinks otherwise

We got just back from out first Celebrity cruise (Constellation).

All the tips & comments were very helpful - thanks to all. In particular the following tips were spot on:

- - Order every cold soup they have each night. Even if it’s a second soup. They are all very good.

- - Try the escargot. I have never been willing to try it anywhere. I tried it on the cruise, and ended up ordering it several nights. It’s very good – and NOT served in shells (yuck). You’ll surprise yourself that cooked correctly – it’s really a treat.

- - Bring over the door hooks, 2-3. Very big help for a cruise. Constellation does have several wall hooks – but over door hooks can hold all kinds of extra stuff – hung on closet door for inside or outside door hanging.

- - The aft deck bar & martini bars are great places to meet up & sit and drink with new cruise friends you’ve met.

Some disapointments were:

- - Shows were not that great. Comedian- Magician was the most fun.

shpows on our Carnival cruises were much better.

- - Unlike most on cruise critic, we did not think celebrity has much better than Carnival. Food was not much different (maybe a few better things); shows were not as good, accommodations were nearly the same. Maybe we’ve had good Carnival ships.

Overall a the Celebrity European cruise was great – particularly because of the port locations.

All the tips & comments were very helpful - thanks to all. In particular the following tips were spot on:

- - Order every cold soup they have each night. Even if it’s a second soup. They are all very good.

- - Try the escargot. I have never been willing to try it anywhere. I tried it on the cruise, and ended up ordering it several nights. It’s very good – and NOT served in shells (yuck). You’ll surprise yourself that cooked correctly – it’s really a treat.

- - Bring over the door hooks, 2-3. Very big help for a cruise. Constellation does have several wall hooks – but over door hooks can hold all kinds of extra stuff – hung on closet door for inside or outside door hanging.

- - The aft deck bar & martini bars are great places to meet up & sit and drink with new cruise friends you’ve met.

Some disapointments were:

- - Shows were not that great. Comedian- Magician was the most fun.

shpows on our Carnival cruises were much better.

- - Unlike most on cruise critic, we did not think celebrity has much better than Carnival. Food was not much different (maybe a few better things); shows were not as good, accommodations were nearly the same. Maybe we’ve had good Carnival ships.

Overall a the Celebrity European cruise was great – particularly because of the port locations.

What are over the door hooks?? I have been on the M class and Solstice a total of 14 times and have brought a small box on the S Class for the side of the bed as the table only has shelves and shoe bags for the M Class. What are you using for over the door hooks?

Thanks,

Karen

What are over the door hooks?? I have been on the M class and Solstice a total of 14 times and have brought a small box on the S Class for the side of the bed as the table only has shelves and shoe bags for the M Class. What are you using for over the door hooks?

Thanks,

Karen

Over the door hooks are hooks that hang over the top of the door. They are most useful on M class ships--they will not work on the sliding closet doors in the S class ships. They only work on regular doors. I never leave home without over the door hooks, no matter where I'm going.

Thanks,

Karen

What kind of box and what do you use it for? :confused:

Thanks

Over the door hooks are hooks that hang over the top of the door. They are most useful on M class ships--they will not work on the sliding closet doors in the S class ships. They only work on regular doors. I never leave home without over the door hooks, no matter where I'm going.

Hmmm that is a new one for me. Guess you find them in any store?

K

What kind of box and what do you use it for? :confused:

Thanks

On the Solstice Class ships the end table is a small unit with 2-3 shelves unlike the M Class which is actually an end table with drawers. I keep my books, medication, glasses, water bottle and various things (could be reading 2-3 books by the side of the bed. I either find a small box and leave the top off and slide in and out of the bottom shelf. Sometimes I use a large plastic bin and do the same. Nothing massive just something I can keep things in and not worry about them falling off the shelf.

I also leave my suitcase in the bottom of the closet and tape it open with masking tape and a hanger contraption. I use clothes out of the suitcase and then put them in the drawers which we split. I like the shelf set up on the M Class better than the S but love the space on the S Class.

They all have their unique features.

Karen

My DH uses the flex pens when administering his insulin. Best invention they came up with :).

Last year I found on Magellan's websit those travel frio kits for the pens to be stored in and have used them on 2 cruises so far, as well as on a couple of road trips we have taken. Although we do not travel far to get to port for the cruises, by the time we get on board and able to get in our cabin, they work nicely with just running them under cold water. Once we are in our room (either cabin or hotel) I remove them and place them in the mini fridge til we are ready to leave. I let the frio bag dry and put it away until we are ready to depart.

Sometimes instead of just tap cold water, I take cold water from fridge and saturate it that way. I don't think it really makes a big difference, maybe just in my head ( LOL I am blonde). :rolleyes:

Hmmm that is a new one for me. Guess you find them in any store?

K

Target, K-Mart, Walmart should all carry them. As well as any Bath and/or Linen store. Maybe even a hardware store as well should have them.

They come in a variety of styles and number of hooks. From single hook to multiple hooks. I have one that has 7 hooks. All work well.

WE BRING EXTRA HANGERS AND THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR US.

Oh but a fruit dessert doesn't have to be all melons. Several cruises ago it dawned on me that there are raspberries topping and garnishing so many of the desserts in the buffet, in cafe bacio, aqua spa, etc. So I knew that somewhere in the galley there had to be a big ol' tub of raspberries, strawberries -- which are my favorite. I'm not a huge melon fan either, but berries - yum. Honestly chocolate is my favorite but I know what it tastes like, I've had chocolate before, and I really don't need the calories.

Early in each cruise I let the waiters, my butler, etc. know that I love raspberries and a bowl of them for dessert or accompanying my fat free/sugar free passionfruit sorbet (yummmmmm) would be nice. Or just in place of the stuff they bring to your room in the afternoons. (of course we normally like a plate of shrimp and cheese and crackers to go with some wine while getting ready for dinner...)

I ask for a bowl of vanilla yogurt and a scoop of granola and a bowl of berries for breakfast in Blu or in room service or in the MDR. You can even get it at the buffet. In the middle of dinner service it's not always easy or possible, but you can always ask on one night to have it the next day.

In other words, if you don't want a plate of melons, let them know a plate of berries (with a little whipped cream maybe?) might be more to your liking. It's your cruise, the Celebrity staff is there to help you, so with a little forewarning you can "have it your way."

It got to be that if I was walking down the hall and crossed paths with my butler or room steward or his assistant that there'd be that wink in the eye and maybe a "Mrs. Bourgeois you have a little surprise in your room...."

and sure enough there'd be a big bowl of berries waiting for me - instead of the canapes and things. Of course I always give a little extra tip here and there for this nice service.

They might not be able to secure the berries on demand immediately (or whatever your brand of yummy is), but after a day it should be no problem, if they know you want it. Just pays to ask.

I requested a bowl of mixed berries every night for dessert, along with a regular dessert. It helped me to not gain weight because I ate my berries and not much of the other dessert.

I use dry cleaner's hangers and remove all the hangers from the ship. I am able to hang all my clothes and those hangers take up less room. I leave them in my suitcase so they are ready to go for the next cruise.

Suz

We can have Friday night services with challah and wine? Extra charge??

No extra charge but a passenger has to run the services. Most ships automatically put out the challah and wine but it wouldn't hurt to check beforehand.

No extra charge but a passenger has to run the services. Most ships automatically put out the challah and wine but it wouldn't hurt to check beforehand.

No charge. I arranged it ahead of time from home and confirmed as soon as I boarded ship. Remind them you need a knife.

Archived