Elite Level Laundry Benefits

NaplesKnitter

Hi All! From reading the posts, I may be better off doing my own laundry. Does anyone know what a typical charge is onboard? Thanks!:)

We have about 10 cruises and 200 days since making Elite. We have never had a problem.

You will always get people complaining about everything here. I am not saying they are perfect all the time but must admit I have never had a problem . I find their pressing or shirt and pants to be excellent. I really dont want to waste my cruise time in the laundry room and end up with not as good a job I havedone myself
I agree 100% never ever had a problem with the laundry, yet.:rolleyes:

We have about 10 cruises and 200 days since making Elite. We have never had a problem.

Maybe they have a better control of the process on the smaller ships.

It's not that they always do a bad job on the Emerald, Crown, Ruby because most of the time they do a good job but we've learned the hard way not to trust them with anything you value. It's the one time they mess it up or lose it.

Maybe they have a better control of the process on the smaller ships.

It's not that they always do a bad job on the Emerald, Crown, Ruby because most of the time they do a good job but we've learned the hard way not to trust them with anything you value. It's the one time they mess it up or lose it.

With the exception of two cruises on the Dawn in September and October, all of our Elite cruises have been on the Ocean or the Pacific.

We are leaving on a 29 day cruise in a few weeks and I was planning to use the Elite perk. I figured I wouldn't have to pack that much outter wear or underwear. Now I'm not so sure. I wash most everything in cold water and always use low heat. Sounds like things will be knee length rather than ankle and snaps and zippers won't close. :eek:

I need to locate some of those soap/fab softener things to take with us. We have nothing that's important to us other than being able to wear them again. The cost $$ per suitcase is causing us to rethink what's important to take. So glad I found this thread.

Cruisin Oldies

We are leaving on a 29 day cruise in a few weeks and I was planning to use the Elite perk. I figured I wouldn't have to pack that much outter wear or underwear. Now I'm not so sure. I wash most everything in cold water and always use low heat. Sounds like things will be knee length rather than ankle and snaps and zippers won't close. :eek:

I need to locate some of those soap/fab softener things to take with us. We have nothing that's important to us other than being able to wear them again. The cost $$ per suitcase is causing us to rethink what's important to take. So glad I found this thread.

Cruisin Oldies

Yours is the perfect example of clothing that will get shrunk. My wife never uses hot water at home & always removes items before fully dry. If you give them those items to wash, they'll never be the same.

Do you tip the steward for Elite laundry service? Any guidelines for the newly-elite?

Thanx, Steve

Some do. Many do not.

Do whatever you did when you paid for laundry service. The steward had as much to do with it then as he/she has when you are elite.

Do you tip the steward for Elite laundry service? Any guidelines for the newly-elite?

Thanx, Steve

Not specifically for that, but always extra because of this and other things. On long cruises I always tip every 7 to 10 days.

Hi All! From reading the posts, I may be better off doing my own laundry. Does anyone know what a typical charge is onboard? Thanks!:)

For Princess to do the laundry/cleaning, some typical recent pricing is:

Shirts/blouses $3.50

T-shirts $2.75

Dresses $9.50

Evening dresses $11.50

Suit (2 pieces) $10.00

Pants $5.00

Undershorts/panties $1.25

Pressing only is 80% of above pricing

Same day service is 50% higher than above pricing

I never send anything out for laundry service anymore. We have had a few disasters with it and I find it just is not worth it at all. The worst was on the Tahitian Princess. They truly ruined some of our clothes and I just don't want to ever have that happen again. My daughters jeans shrunk an inch in length and they had been washed at home before.:( T-shirts were lop sided which was the end of those also. Now if I need to I just use the washing facilities on the ship. Not something I like to do on a cruise, but I'm so happy they offer this.

I never send anything out for laundry service anymore. We have had a few disasters with it and I find it just is not worth it at all. The worst was on the Tahitian Princess. They truly ruined some of our clothes and I just don't want to ever have that happen again. My daughters jeans shrunk an inch in length and they had been washed at home before.:( T-shirts were lop sided which was the end of those also. Now if I need to I just use the washing facilities on the ship. Not something I like to do on a cruise, but I'm so happy they offer this.[/quote

We also had the lopsided t-shirts returned, as well as badly faded. It wasn't a big deal for cheaper t-shirts; however, it got expensive with the $28+ Hard Rock T-shirts. We sent them "wash & dry on cold"; I probably should have had them dry cleaned... maybe. I never had a problem with my jean capri's or his shorts. They actually did a great job on his dress pants, dress shirts, underwear & sock. I always did my underclothes in the sink & hung dry in shower.

I've never had a problem with the Elite service. Question, though. For those of you that have had things ruined, how has Princess been in terms of reimbursing you for your loss?

I no longer submit any damage for reimbursement. I did the first couple of times, and I was instructed to wait until I got home and send a letter to Customer Service. It just isn't worth it anymore. Honestly, if I submitted something every time it happened, I would be submitting something every year. I just figure it goes with the territory.

The t-shirt damage no longer surprises me. I was surprised with the hole in the front of the shorts leg. Shorts are listed on the cleaning side of the laundry form, so I always assumed they were. But these came back with that same tell-tale hole, so perhaps they were laundered. The shorts were 6 years old (which is why I took a chance and sent them in the first place), and I wore them yesterday to do some painting around the house. It happens.

What I'm worried about is that my hubby's high tech ultralight backpacking underware/shirts are labeled machine wash COLD/dry Tumble Dry LOW or line dry in the shade.

We are trying to do 10 days with just carry-on.

This calls for a change in plans to mix/match regular with lightweight backpacking chothes so that Princess can do our regular laundry while we wash some ourselves and line dry in the shower or with hairdryer while they have our laundry.

What I'm worried about is that my hubby's high tech ultralight backpacking underware/shirts are labeled machine wash COLD/dry Tumble Dry LOW or line dry in the shade.

DH packs several of these. He washes them out himself and hangs them to dry on a stretchy clothesline we bring and suction cup to each wall. They dry overnight.

I've never had a problem with the Elite service. Question, though. For those of you that have had things ruined, how has Princess been in terms of reimbursing you for your loss?

The one time I had a problem was in 2007 on the Golden where instead of drycleaning 3 pair of capris they washed and dried them. Naturally all three shrunk away to nothing. They paid me $120 cash on board; no questions asked.

DH packs several of these. He washes them out himself and hangs them to dry on a stretchy clothesline we bring and suction cup to each wall. They dry overnight.

We use those too, which is why we can travel with a very minimal amount of underwear. At home I use cold water and then hang to dry. On ship, we hand wash only and hang to dry.

We've sent laundry out on only two cruise so far - we made elite about a year ago and mostly do coastals.

On the Star in 2010 we were in a suite so got it that way. They lost a bag of laundry. We went back and forth with them, including a visit to the Passenger Services manager, who said he'd even been looking for the bag.

They gave us an onboard credit for what I listed as the value plus a bit I think.

On our last long cruise, we sent out laundry every day or every other day to minimize the value of each load in case they got lost. Other than a brief panic when a load was delayed to the next morning there was no issue.

And we tip extra at the end of the cruise too.

Archived