Elite Level Laundry Benefits

NaplesKnitter

I've never had a problem with the Elite service. Question, though. For those of you that have had things ruined, how has Princess been in terms of reimbursing you for your loss?

Funny you should ask! I just got off the phone with Customer Relations and they really run you around in circles trying to get money back for damages to clothes.

We just started using Elite laundry services last year, and have had several items come back to us with holes in them, like PescadoAmarillo. On the Emerald last September they just reimbursed me by deducting the claim from our final bill. This time, on the Star, I got the dreaded "Report of Damage" to take home with me and contact Princess Customer Relations. What a joke! They expect you to take the item to a cleaners/tailor, etc. and have them decided if the item can be repaired or cleaned to our satisfaction. Well, who wants to wear shirts with sewn up holes in them? Then, if they can't repair the item, the business has to write a report on business letterhead stating the item can't be repaired/cleaned to our satisfaction, and we would also have to send in a receipt from said item. Hold on, all this for a small reimbursement? They are hoping we will go away, folks! That is why people like PescadoAmarillo just let it go - too much work, and then Princess is free of responsibility.

This is why I am going back to doing my own laundry on the ship. I'm sure Princess will be happy with that decision, too.

Interesting about what they want you to do if something is damaged. How frustrating. No, never again will I send anything out. Just not worth it. I always have to press anything they send back because it is always a mess. Have put on the slip of paper cold water and cool dry, but I know that isn't followed because of the condition of the clothing. We certainly learned our lesson the hard way. Glad that many have had good experiences. I just don't want to ruin my clothes.

I've never had a problem with the Elite service. Question, though. For those of you that have had things ruined, how has Princess been in terms of reimbursing you for your loss?

I had a sweater lost several years ago. I had an awful room steward during that cruise. I reported it to her and she looked for it and couldn't find it. I went down to the Purser's Desk and reported it and they put out a report to try to find it. It didn't turn up. I was asked to write a report including description and cost. I turned it into the Purser's desk. I was told to come back about 2 hours later. My statement had been typed up by someone and I had to sign it along with one of the higher members of the purser's desk. They then gave me a copy and a contact (business card) to send to Corporate office. When I got home I sent it in. A letter about a month later acknowledged it and said they would compensate me for it (and apologizing for losing it). A long time later (6 plus weeks) - I received a check in the mail from a company that I didn't recognize. It appeared to come from an employment agency with the amount I claimed the sweater was worth. This is my recollection of what happened - it has been a number of years.

It seemed to be a lot of work for a Docker's sweater. They did follow through with what they said they would do. Originally they asked if I had insurance and I thought I would have to file it that way but Princess covered it entirely.

Funny you should ask! I just got off the phone with Customer Relations and they really run you around in circles trying to get money back for damages to clothes.

We just started using Elite laundry services last year, and have had several items come back to us with holes in them, like PescadoAmarillo. On the Emerald last September they just reimbursed me by deducting the claim from our final bill. This time, on the Star, I got the dreaded "Report of Damage" to take home with me and contact Princess Customer Relations. What a joke! They expect you to take the item to a cleaners/tailor, etc. and have them decided if the item can be repaired or cleaned to our satisfaction. Well, who wants to wear shirts with sewn up holes in them? Then, if they can't repair the item, the business has to write a report on business letterhead stating the item can't be repaired/cleaned to our satisfaction, and we would also have to send in a receipt from said item. Hold on, all this for a small reimbursement? They are hoping we will go away, folks! That is why people like PescadoAmarillo just let it go - too much work, and then Princess is free of responsibility.

This is why I am going back to doing my own laundry on the ship. I'm sure Princess will be happy with that decision, too.

UPDATE TO YESTERDAY'S POST:

This morning I received a call from Princess in regards to my email yesterday complaining about the run around I got by calling Customer Relations. The woman, Angela, apologized profusely for this problem and said I never should have had to leave the ship without reimbursement for such a small amount. I agreed. She said a check would be forthcoming for the $8 claim. She would also contact the ship about this procedure and find out why they couldn't handle it without putting me (and Princess Customer Relations) to all this grief. The Damage Claim report should be used for high dollar items, not nickle and dime stuff. I am very happy with the resolution, but will never send anything important to the ship's laundry. Basic things like socks, and DH's underwear. Mine gets laundered by me!:D

Yes, at 80% of the cost of washing/cleaning.

Add 50% for same day service.

Assuming the request is from someone who is Elite, there is no charge for pressing. They do charge 50% of the normal price for express service.

I am not Elite (have a way to go to get out of the Platinum status.) I'm sure I will want to use the service once I can.

But for now I am queen of the washbowl laundry. I wash quickdrying fabrics like tops, underwear, bras, workout shorts, etc. in the washbowl and let them dry in the shower (or sometimes pinned to the balcony). I don't want to mess with the machines down the hall! Just me.

UPDATE TO YESTERDAY'S POST:

This morning I received a call from Princess in regards to my email yesterday complaining about the run around I got by calling Customer Relations. The woman, Angela, apologized profusely for this problem and said I never should have had to leave the ship without reimbursement for such a small amount. I agreed. She said a check would be forthcoming for the $8 claim. She would also contact the ship about this procedure and find out why they couldn't handle it without putting me (and Princess Customer Relations) to all this grief. The Damage Claim report should be used for high dollar items, not nickle and dime stuff. I am very happy with the resolution, but will never send anything important to the ship's laundry. Basic things like socks, and DH's underwear. Mine gets laundered by me!:D

The two times I made claims, each one was for less than $20 and each one required me to file the Report of Loss, take it home, contact Princess Customer Service, etc. etc. etc. That's why I've decided it's just not worth it.

We do use the self-serve laundries, usually on turnaround day in the morning, but in between I'll still use the complimentary laundry service. I spent another day painting today...lot's of opportunities to wear shirts and shorts with small holes in them.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to know exactly what Princess means by "cleaning service."

Last November we were on our first cruise on Princess aboard the Emerald. We were in a full suite and I was really impressed with the list of "suite amenities" in the document published by Princess and emailed to us about a week before our cruise. One of those amenities was called "Dry Cleaning Service." On our first day I asked our steward about that service and he said that while there was laundry service there was no dry cleaning service. On our first trip past the Customer Service Desk I stopped and asked them to explain why one of their published amenities was not available. They explained to me that, due to chemicals involved, dry cleaning at sea is not allowed. They explained further that they did have a cleaning service that involved an "Aqua Process." I pointed out that their currently published document still used the term "dry cleaning service", which was misleading to say the least.

Fast forward to the current time and we are booked into another suite aboard the Diamond Princess early next year. I just went through the PDF file enumerating current Princess suite amenities. They have changed the term "dry cleaning service" to simply "cleaning service". I would like to know what that process entails and whether most people would restrict its use to chinos but not a tux.

Thanks in advance....Gazelle2

I'm not sure of the cleaning process, but I can tell you that we sent DH's tuxedo to be cleaned (but only after several wearings and only just prior to the end of the cruise). Yes, it was a risk, but it was returned beautifully cleaned, as have all of the items we've sent to be cleaned (with one minor exception).

We also sent one of my formal dresses, a fussy one. I included a note that stated to please return it uncleaned if they felt they couldn't safely clean it, and they did. It was returned uncleaned but nicely hung on a hanger.

Archived