Elite Level Laundry Benefits

NaplesKnitter

Hi, We're excited to finally get the elite perks next month on our Ruby cruise and need some info re dry cleaning and laundry service. How long does it take and any other info would be helpful. Thanks for your help.

We ask for the 24 hour turnaround.

Give it to Stewart before 9am and receive it back sometime the next day.

Usually in the afternoon. ;)

It use to be the same day but no more.. Free service is give to room steward in the morning and get it back by 5 the next day. Watch what you send to laundry as the dryers are super hot and sometimes causes shrinkage.. Dry cleaning is "wet" using environmentally correct chemicals. I have not heard of any problems with this method.

Hi, We're excited to finally get the elite perks next month on our Ruby cruise and need some info re dry cleaning and laundry service. How long does it take and any other info would be helpful. Thanks for your help.

One to two days usually. Express service is not included in the Elite benefit. We give the bag to the cabin steward in the morning and generally get it back the following afternoon.

Just be careful of what items you send in for washing. They have a tendency to hot water & VERY hot dryers in the process. You may not like how things turn out especially if it's an expensive item.

We haven't had any problems with the cleaning service (dry cleaning) yet.

The laundry is the best perk, in my book! Princess does a wonderful job. Shirts and pants are returned on hangers.

Be sure to allow time toward the end of the cruise. You want to have everything returned by the last day.

we always write Elite on the laundry slip. I make a list of what we send. If we have something that has a stain, I always "spot" it prior to sending to the laundry.

Enjoy your Elite status.

Shirley

Our last cruise in December was my first as Elite. We gave our laundry to our cabin steward either right before or after breakfast and our laundry would be back by the next afternoon. We've also been in suites before and never had a problem with any of our laundry shrinking. (Although I have had clothes "shrink" by too much gelato, afternoon cookies, and Princess Love Boat Dream desserts!)

I just pulled off one of those laundry tags on a shirt from our December cruise last week. It made me laugh. Those little tags drive me nuts but it's better than losing a piece of laundry. We've never lost any, but did get other people's clothes last cruise, which is promptly gave to our steward.

I'm not sure I want to go down this rabbit hole again, but I feel I must warn you. We love the cleaning service (used to be dry cleaning, but it's a bit different now). Things come back nicely cleaned, usually reasonably well pressed (sometimes not as well as I could do myself, which is not very well), and we've had nothing ruined.

HOWEVER....laundry service is another matter altogether. This past winter alone I had one pair of shorts returned with a hole in the right front leg. There is no way I could have missed that if I had done it myself. These were sturdy Lees shorts. I also had 2 t-shirts, 1 tank top and 2 pairs of undies come back with the same sorts of holes. Usually the holes are on the upper back of the t-shirts, but on the tank top it was in the middle of the lower back, and there was a 3" long "scuffed" or roughed up streak of fabric leading up to it.

These sorts of holes have happened often enough that I no longer even report them. I used to, more to let someone know that this is happening, but since nothing has ever changed, I just figure it goes with the territory.

I will continue to use the laundry service, but I only send things that I can tolerate being ruined. 95 times out of 100 there is no issue, but if it's a critical garment, I'm laundering it myself. DH no longer sends anything but boxers and socks...he washes his prized t-shirts from his races at the self-serve laundry.

It's a great benefit, but it is what it is.

"Watch what you send to laundry as the dryers are super hot and sometimes causes shrinkage.. "

So, that explains why my clothes don't fit after a few days!

Shirley

I'm not sure I want to go down this rabbit hole again, but I feel I must warn you. We love the cleaning service (used to be dry cleaning, but it's a bit different now). Things come back nicely cleaned, usually reasonably well pressed (sometimes not as well as I could do myself, which is not very well), and we've had nothing ruined.

HOWEVER....laundry service is another matter altogether. This past winter alone I had one pair of shorts returned with a hole in the right front leg. There is no way I could have missed that if I had done it myself. These were sturdy Lees shorts. I also had 2 t-shirts, 1 tank top and 2 pairs of undies come back with the same sorts of holes. Usually the holes are on the upper back of the t-shirts, but on the tank top it was in the middle of the lower back, and there was a 3" long "scuffed" or roughed up streak of fabric leading up to it.

These sorts of holes have happened often enough that I no longer even report them. I used to, more to let someone know that this is happening, but since nothing has ever changed, I just figure it goes with the territory.

I will continue to use the laundry service, but I only send things that I can tolerate being ruined. 95 times out of 100 there is no issue, but if it's a critical garment, I'm laundering it myself. DH no longer sends anything but boxers and socks...he washes his prized t-shirts from his races at the self-serve laundry.

It's a great benefit, but it is what it is.

It sounds like a bit more than shrinkage. ;)

No matter how many times that comment is posted people won't believe it till it happens to them.

Hmmm, you guys have got me thinking.

This is the first time for Elite laundry for us too.

Since we are planning to do a 7-day cruise with just carry-on, hubby was going to take his backpacking shirts and underware (made of hi-tech fabrics) instead of his usual cotton ones. Wondering if the super-hot dryers will be a problem? Would we be better off just taking our normal clothes?

To the ladies out there, was there ever a problem with your undergarments e.g. bras and panties that are not cotton?

How do they keep all of your laundry together?

Do they tag each one?

Or launder in a large mesh bag?

just in case you're reading my signature and wondering, hubby has more Princess cruises than I do hence he will be Elite while I'm still Platinum.

Hmmm, you guys have got me thinking.

This is the first time for Elite laundry for us too.

Since we are planning to do a 7-day cruise with just carry-on, hubby was going to take his backpacking shirts and underware (made of hi-tech fabrics) instead of his usual cotton ones. Wondering if the super-hot dryers will be a problem? Would we be better off just taking our normal clothes?

To the ladies out there, was there ever a problem with your undergarments e.g. bras and panties that are not cotton?

How do they keep all of your laundry together?

Do they tag each one?

Or launder in a large mesh bag?

just in case you're reading my signature and wondering, hubby has more Princess cruises than I do hence he will be Elite while I'm still Platinum.

I can't answer most of your questions but make certain that when you send the laundry in with the list it had his name on it or they will charge you.

Hoping to use just the pressing service. DH will need his dress shirts pressed after they are packed (and I am on vacation-hahaha). Anyone have problems with having items pressed?

I had already decided not to have their laundry service - I used it on Royal Caribbean last summer and I felt like my clothes that had been sent were nubby - like they had washed socks with my nice tee shirts/shorts.

I don't send any of my bras or panties down, also none of my good things. I do send most of dh's shirts down to be pressed right away. They do a wonderful job at pressing. Blue jeans are so nice - I always end up having to press our blue jeans for a month after we return.

At home, I hardly ever dry things more than 5 minutes so I'm very careful what I send down On long cruises I have washed the laundry myself and and then sent some things down to be ironed. I hate their hot dryers. I also bring things that tend to be on the larger size - t-shirts and polo shirts.

You fill out a form and check off what you are sending down but you don't get to keep a copy - sometimes I can't find something in the closet and then I wonder if they sent it back - they do send a copy of the form back but I'd still like to keep a customer copy - there are three

This is the highlite of Elite for me. When we unpack on arrival most of the clothes go out for pressing right away. Everything always comes back in beautiful condition. They press clothes far better that I have ever had.

We ask for the 24 hour turnaround.

Give it to Stewart before 9am and receive it back sometime the next day.

Usually in the afternoon. ;)

We leave the laundry bag on the bed in the evening when we go to dinner and we get it back at about 5:30pm the next day.

We leave the laundry bag on the bed in the evening when we go to dinner and we get it back at about 5:30pm the next day.

We do the same. Sometimes will get it back the next day, but sometimes it will be the second day.

You will always get people complaining about everything here. I am not saying they are perfect all the time but must admit I have never had a problem . I find their pressing or shirt and pants to be excellent. I really dont want to waste my cruise time in the laundry room and end up with not as good a job I havedone myself

Archived