Tell me your favorite destination!

In the Caribbean:

San Juan, Puerto Rico - Absolutely wonderful destination. So much to see. Old San Juan is a must with its historical buildings, many shops and quaint restaurants featuring local cuisine. The mix of Spanish, African and Caribbean cultures found in Puerto Rico are like nothing else found in U.S. soil.

If you have extra days, you can really get to know the island. Other places include the El Yunque rainforest, Rio Camuy Caverns, the west coast beaches, day trips to unspoiled Vieques and Culebra, the Bioluminescent Bay, the Bacardi Rum distillery, a stay at one of the many country inns (paradores), and a drive along the Panoramic Route through the mountains.

Another vote for Alaska...the White Pass and Yukon Railroad out of Skagway...I think that is my favorite day EVER!!!!!

We also like the Caribbean with St. Maarten at the top of the list.

Hope to try Alaska someday, my wife is a Caribbean sun goddess, but I do look forward to going back to St Maarten, but can't wait to get to the other southern ports some day.

My favorite island is Barbados! Too bad so few ships have time to get there.

Can't wait to get to Barbados in November. As of right now, St. Thomas or St. Maarten have to be my favorite islands. I just can't talk myself away from the Caribbean yet but Alaska and Australia/New Zealand are both on my bucket list.

I love the Caribbean sailings from San Juan. You start the feel of the Caribbean earlier and normally get more islands. If I had to pick one island it would be Jost Van Dyke. A beautiful island and very low key beach day.

The best beach I've ever been to so far has been Trunk Bay, St. John, USVI. Ships dock in St. Thomas and you have to take the ferry over to St. John.

I also loved Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, and Aruba. It's really hard for me to pick my favorite out of the Southern Caribbean, love them all :D

Looking forward to sailing around Europe sometime in the future.

Hi! I'm looking forward to future cruises and have only been on one...what is your all time favorite cruise spot??!

Santorini has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth. Closer home the Alaska ports are great.

Love St. Maarten, Santorini, Oslo, Norway, Honfleur, France. It is really hard to choose because we have enjoyed almost every port we have visited. The ports on the Norwegian Fjord trip are also fantastic. Dubrovnik, Croatia and Kusadasi, Turkey were interesting, too. I had better stop or I will list all our ports of call!!! Love cruising because you can see so much of the world if only for a limited time.

Another vote for Alaska here combined with the land tour. If I knew I could only do one more cruise ever then I would go back there. Loved every minute.

In the Caribbean I love St Kitts and am looking forward to visiting more islands later this year. I have visited destinations in Europe many times and Paris will always be close to my heart; from a cruise point of view Italy is very special, Florence in particular.

I love the Caribbean sailings from San Juan. You start the feel of the Caribbean earlier and normally get more islands. If I had to pick one island it would be Jost Van Dyke. A beautiful island and very low key beach day.

I agree - love cruising out of San Juan for the reasons listed above, Curacao & St Lucia are probably my favorites.

Absolutely love Europe! I've done Europe cruises 4 times and just booked my 5th Europe cruise for this coming August!

As someone else mentioned, Santorini has got to be one of the most beautiful spots on Earth!

St. Petersburg is stunning as well with so much history, culture and tradition.

But, as others have said, if you're looking for something closer to home, Alaska is stunning. I've been on an Alaska cruise 3 times!

Archived