LIVE From the Jewel of the Seas 5 - 14 April 2012

Have a great time!! I just love your LIVE reports. Can't wait to get to the "good stuff"!

When I read that you're getting to the port early (as we also do), I had a flash of that old commercial where the woman is plastered against the store window early before a sale saying, "Open, Open, Open...". Sort of how I always feel (and apparently you, as well!) waiting to board our beautiful ship!

Trainman 2 and Judith, I am very happy to have found your post. I will be following you up until Friday, April 13, when my DH and I will be leaving to drive to Florida and board the Freedom on the 15th with OhioCruiserDude and his new bride! (Hi David and Candice). So needless to say, this post of yours comes at the right time.

Bon Voyage and happy crusing.

Perfect! We just finished our taxes, and boy are we ready for a cruise! But...we just finished our taxes, so "Trainman LIVE" will have to do for now. ;)

Congrats on the weight loss, Trainman. It's always a pleasure to "cruise" with you!!:D

Hello Trainman & Judith again !

I so enjoy your 'Live From' reports and especially the photos of all the food !!!

Have a wonderful cruise on Jewel and I shall be tuning in every day to read your posts !!

xx

NOTE For The Fashion Police...

This is the first cruise that I am not bringing at least a Sport Coat and Tie for Formal Nights.

I have some dress slacks and a dress shirt that I plan to wear in the MDR.

This eliminates the need for a hang up bag for my dressy stuff and Judith's too.

As I'm fond of saying, your on vacation not on display!!

Trainman, you look great. I'm impressed. Keep up the good work with your weight loss. I recently lost 40 lbs. with WW. I know it is hard, but worth it in the long run.

Looking forward to your "live report". Have fun, enjoy your cruise and enjoy life!

Gwen :)

First Lunch in the Windjammer!

DSCN4794.jpg

I tried the Honey Stung Chicken (as I alwasy do on the first day) and it was OK but salty, not sweet!

The Greek Salad, a Cheeseburger, and some Potato Leek soup made a nice first meal.

Archived