Herculaneum

Sea42

Dear Cruisemom42, I'm just joining in this board as I fine-tune plans for our cruise in September/October 2013. We are visiting Pompeii and Herculaneum, and I would be so grateful if you would be able to send me both sets of notes (I understand about the detail - I'm a details person too :) ).

madmacnz@gmail.com

Thanks so much for sharing.

Carol

Dear Cruisemom42,

I'm sure you've been flooded with requests, so I hope you don't mind one more. We are going to be docked in Sorrento in Sept 2013 and have not been to either Pompeii or Herculaneum before. We would either be traveling from the port via train or bus (which ever works for us).

Would you be willing to share your notes for Herculaneum? It sounds like this would be a better preserved site and possibly less crowded. My email is tamlyth@gmail.com

Thank you in advance!

Annette

Hi cruisemom42,

We also will be doing a tour of Herculaneum in Oct. If you aren't totally tired of sending your notes, I would love to have them. E-mail is brodon82 at yahoo dot com.

Thanks.

Nancy

Please, I'd appreciate it if any requests for my notes were addressed to me. I've asked others not to circulate them widely.

Thanks!

Wow, did you ever think your notes would be so popular? I would love to receive a copy as intend to go to Herculaneum when in Naples on cruise in May. (Have been to Pompeii and Amalfi coast on previous land trip to Italy.) Thank you!

Lindsey

Lpdraves@aol.com

cruisemom42,

could i get a copy of your notes as weel.. rcostanza @ bellsouth.net

The Archeolical museum in Naples is closedon the Tuesday w are going. Any recommendations what to pair with Herculenuem for the port day?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cruisemom , yes, I am requesting to join the list of all those others who have requested a copy of your notes on Herculean, if you could send them to (no spaces) bowren at pacbell dot net

Also, our friends were interested in knowing if we decided to hire a guide instead are they available for hire at the entrance or should we try to arrange one in advance ? We will be there in early September on a Sunday

Thank you,

Please may I join the amazingly long list of people requesting a set of your notes on Herculaneum Cruisemom. We will be there in early May. Have visited Pompeii which was amazing and would now like to visit Herculaneum. kenatocc@gmail.com

I have seen reference to a bus that you can also get to Herculaneum rather than the train. Does anyone know anything about it?

I should be up to date with sending out notes to those who requested. If you didn't get them, please post again.

I have seen reference to a bus that you can also get to Herculaneum rather than the train. Does anyone know anything about it?

The SITA bus that I believe you are referring to goes to Pompeii. I don't know of an equivalent that goes to Herculaneum. However, since Herculaneum is closer to Naples, it's really not that difficult or time-consuming to take the train. I think someone also has mentioned that taxis have a fixed rate to take you to Herculaneum roundtrip from Naples with an included two-hour wait time. (Two hours wouldn't be nearly enough time for me, though!)

Edited by cruisemom42

I should be up to date with sending out notes to those who requested. If you didn't get them, please post again.

Thanks for the response on the bus.

Not sure if I was too late to make your last mailing of notes and I am on the top of the next batch but I did not receive. kenatocc@gmail.com

We visited Pompeii 2 summers back and frankly were unimpressed, some of our fellow holidaymakers went to Herc instead and really rated it.

Remember that London is currently doing a Pompeii exhibit so some of the artifacts from the museum may be missing and tbh there wasn't much actually inside Pompeii also if you have ANY problem walking Pompeii should be avoided.

Now I'm asking for help. We are berthed in Naples in early May and would like to visit Herc, how can we get from Naples port to Herc in a cost effective way.

If you could help via martin 18363 @ hotmail .com I would be very grateful.

Cheers

Oh my. I feel so bad asking for a copy of your notes as well. We'll be there in July and are hoping to do Heraculaneum and Sorrento, taking the train from Naples and then the hydrofoil back to the ship.

If you (or if anyone else who has already received them and wants to help Cruisemom with all the requests) could forward them to me, that would be so nice.

kimdoucette2@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!!

• 2 weeks later...