never EVER leave valuables in your bag!

jks336

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/t/223975.aspx

just read this on carnival's roll call page. first time this person has even posted.

I do feel bad that they lost their money and had to cancel the rest of their trip after their cruise. but good warning to other first timers out there to NOT do this.

I almost wonder if this is the first time they have ever traveled. I have NEVER left important things in a suitcase/carryon ever. it is always on my person. stupid stupid..

soooo, for all first timers.. do be aware of something like this.

It should just be common sense to not leave money where it can walk off. Dont put electronics in checked luggage, as that has also walked off.

Dont set a box of booze out when you set out your suitcase the last night. (someone said they didnt check, and when they got home the bottles were half empty, or changed, other reports).

Use your head and dont leave your common sense at home. Each cabin on Carnival has a safe.

I feel bad for what happened to them, But don't understand one part of the story:

"TSA notice of baggage inspection inside clearly showing that they did open luggage and performed a manual inspection."

When did TSA start working at cruise terminals?

Who puts their wallet with cash and credit cards in luggage? :rolleyes:

How stupid can someone be and then be surprised when it goes missing?

I've read of dummies leaving their passport/docs in checked luggage with the porters and walking in to check-in empty-handed.

I feel bad for what happened to them, But don't understand one part of the story:

"TSA notice of baggage inspection inside clearly showing that they did open luggage and performed a manual inspection."

They haven't. The TSA notice was in one of the large checked bags, which was presumably opened in the airport.

I'm not sure this guy should be allowed out without a minder, if he thinks handing over unlocked valuables to a dock worker is reasonable behavior. :rolleyes:

As I understand it TSA does have jurisdiction at cruise terminals but for the foreseeable future are channeling their efforts to airports.

i dont understand people :rolleyes: why...WHY would you ever check valuables or leave them out of your sight?!?!? its like we say in the airline industry, people loose their brains or check their brains the second they step into an airport. I worked a flight a few months ago and a passenger (military flight) came to me and said her wallet was missing. the rest of the flight (4 hours left of flight) we looked under all the seats, lifted up all the seat cushions checked seat back pockets. her credit cards, military id, EVERYTHING was gone. then she told us she put her wallet into a pillow case!! :eek: WHAT!!! so being the great flight attendants we are (:D) we opened up EVERY single bag of trash and found the wallet!!! people just dont think!!! then they go on and blame everybody else for their stupidity

Not to be a doubter, but there is NO WAY they got on the ship without something. We've ALWAYS been asked to present the exact same credit card we used for online registration.

We've never put down cash, so I don't know for sure, but I would think if they wanted my CC for expenses before I boarded, wouldn't they want cash as well? Or is cash collected once on board?

Not to be a doubter, but there is NO WAY they got on the ship without something. We've ALWAYS been asked to present the exact same credit card we used for online registration.

We've never put down cash, so I don't know for sure, but I would think if they wanted my CC for expenses before I boarded, wouldn't they want cash as well? Or is cash collected once on board?

They collect the cash for your SS card at the terminal, I think.

I was wondering how they got on board without ID and a boarding pass?

As I understand it TSA does have jurisdiction at cruise terminals but for the foreseeable future are channeling their efforts to airports.

I do know for sure that cruise employees do not have TSA keys (I had a roomie who locked her keys in her bag, and then had to have the lock cut off to get to the keys).

Add the keys to the lock as another thing not to put in your checked LOCKED bag.

Archived