Pinnacle Breakfast without being in a suite

califgary

Does anyone know if people not in a full suite can get into Pinnacle Breakfast - wonder if there is a surcharge or something like that would allow us "commoners" a way in for breakfast! Im thinking no, but put this Q out there to the experts in-the-know.

thanks

We eat most of our dinners and many of our lunches in the Pinnacle Grill.....smaller upcharge for lunch. For a more relaxing MDR breakfast, insist on a table for two at breakfast..just tell them you want quiet area. Usually works.

The PG breakfast is a very nice perk. However, after one visit, we were the only two dining there.

Too peaceful. We had the rest of our breakfasts in the MDR.

Seriously??? I've never seen it empty - but that's ok - if we were the only two there that would be fine with me. Love the Pinnacle for breakfast.:D

Does anyone know if people not in a full suite can get into Pinnacle Breakfast - wonder if there is a surcharge or something like that would allow us "commoners" a way in for breakfast! Im thinking no, but put this Q out there to the experts in-the-know.

thanks

As others have told you the Pinnacle for breakfast is only for suite passenger, could give you a reason to try a suite, it is a very nice perk :)

Until a few years ago, we always had Room Service breakfast but now go to Pinnacle almost every morning. It's a delightful way to start the day. The atmosphere is so lovely and service is wonderful.

It's really the perk that sells me on the Deluxe Suite. Even though the food is the same as the MDR - just tastes a little better. And the service for us has always been excellent. Your preferences are remembered and it is a very relaxing atmosphere.

And that reminds me the last time we saw you Deb was in the Pinnacle for Breakfast before disembarking :D

Until a few years ago, we always had Room Service breakfast but now go to Pinnacle almost every morning. It's a delightful way to start the day. The atmosphere is so lovely and service is wonderful.

We usually alternate with Lido, we actually occasionally like the Lido because there is often a few items they offer there that they do not offer in the Pinnacle of MDR. There is these larger round seasoned hash browns that are seasoned that I absolutely love. Our last cruise on the Westerdam they would only have them on the Port side of the Lido in the morning. It is usually hit or miss of the ship serves them. Looking forward to enjoying Pinnacle breakfast again very soon.:)

Seriously??? I've never seen it empty - but that's ok - if we were the only two there that would be fine with me. Love the Pinnacle for breakfast.:D

Jacqui, so you must book either deluxe suites or the Penthouse, ( to qualify to eat breakfast in the PG)! :D As for myself, I don't mind eating breakfast with the masses in the Lido! ;) Walt

Jacqui, so you must book either deluxe suites or the Penthouse, ( to qualify to eat breakfast in the PG)! :D As for myself, I don't mind eating breakfast with the masses in the Lido! ;) Walt

OMG -I just realized I called you Walt:eek: on another thread. Ward I am so sorry - I wasn't trying to turn you into the moderator:eek: Forgive me please. Not enough coffee I guess. I'm not a lido fan for whatever reason - neither is dh - so yes, we really enjoy the PG. I guess down the road when it doesn't make sense & dh retires & we can take more cruises, we'll be booking the engine room so we can still cruise;)

The PG breakfast is a very nice perk. However, after one visit, we were the only two dining there.

Too peaceful. We had the rest of our breakfasts in the MDR.

On one cruise -- Alaska -- there was never a letter left in the cabin informing the Deluxe people that they could have breakfast in the Pinnacle. So we had the place to ourselves. We didn't mind it. I asked the Pinnacle manager why there wasn't a letter -- he explained that it was up to the Hotel Manager to send out the letters.

I never even look for the letter as we know to go to Pinnacle.

We just go the first morning. It varies from cruise to cruise how many others come to Pinnacle in the morning.

This last Maasdam cruise, there were about 8-9 or so tables and it was mostly the same people everyday. Of course, Maasdam's Pinnalce is smaller than the larger ships given there are so many fewer guests on board.

We love the quiet atmosphere that comes with a Pinnacle Grill Breakfast, and normally choose that every day. It seems like the same dozen or so guests dine there every morning - though there could be more, either earlier or later. This next cruise, however, we are meeting family onboard - and they won't have access to that perk, so we won't be using it. (Nor will we be using priority boarding, because we don't want to miss seeing their very first step on a cruise ship.)

In my book, it's another one of the great reasons to book a suite. :)

We love the quiet atmosphere that comes with a Pinnacle Grill Breakfast, and normally choose that every day. It seems like the same dozen or so guests dine there every morning - though there could be more, either earlier or later. This next cruise, however, we are meeting family onboard - and they won't have access to that perk, so we won't be using it. (Nor will we be using priority boarding, because we don't want to miss seeing their very first step on a cruise ship.)

In my book, it's another one of the great reasons to book a suite. :)

I agree 100 percent on this, it just such a nice way to start the day, will be having breakfast there in just 17 days.

I'm looking forward to the Pinnacle breakfast on my upcoming Zuid cruise. On the Amsterdam deluxe suiters ate on the upper level of the MDR, not the Pinnacle.

Roz

On our last cruise we took my parents with us as a gift for 50th anniversary. We were in a full suite with my parents in mini suite next door. I knew they did not have access to Neptune lounge- but had not really thought much about breakfast. One morning we went to the Pinnacle thinking they could join us. Naive on my part I know--- BUT HUMILIATING nonetheless! In front of my parents we were abruptly told they could not enter, but if we sent them elsewhere we were welcome any morning! I know it was my own fault--- they were very disturbed & I am not sure got passed it. (Made us cancel sinner reservations)... DON'T MAKE MY MISTAKE!

...One morning we went to the Pinnacle thinking they could join us. Naive on my part I know--- BUT HUMILIATING nonetheless! In front of my parents we were abruptly told they could not enter, but if we sent them elsewhere we were welcome any morning! I know it was my own fault--- they were very disturbed & I am not sure got passed it. (Made us cancel sinner reservations)... DON'T MAKE MY MISTAKE!

I'm sorry you didn't know Pinnacle for breakfast was just for Dlx Suite guests, but there was no reason for your parents to feel humiliated or not get past being turned down for entry. I'm not sure why they took this so seriously or why you cancelled your dinner reservations. No one would have thought they were trying to break the rules; an honest mistake of no consequence.

I bet this happens every morning as pax go by the Pinnacle and see that pax are being served and decide to have breakfast there, not knowing it is for certain guests only. No one would think anything of it.

It does sound like the Pinnacle staff was a little abrupt, however.

The staff could have been a bit more gracious but bringing your parents there was an honest mistake, easy for anyone to make. Actually, after the fact, when you think about it, you probably do see the 'point'. That is something "S" and "PS" guests specifically pay for. Someone not paying for it should not be provided that amenity.

It is the same menu in the MDR so I am sure you all enjoyed your breakfast together there.

On our last cruise we took my parents with us as a gift for 50th anniversary. We were in a full suite with my parents in mini suite next door. I knew they did not have access to Neptune lounge- but had not really thought much about breakfast. One morning we went to the Pinnacle thinking they could join us. Naive on my part I know--- BUT HUMILIATING nonetheless! In front of my parents we were abruptly told they could not enter, but if we sent them elsewhere we were welcome any morning! I know it was my own fault--- they were very disturbed & I am not sure got passed it. (Made us cancel sinner reservations)... DON'T MAKE MY MISTAKE!

There is no excuse for the Pinnacle staff to act that way and humiliate you like that.

Did you say anything to the concierges about how the staff treated you there?

Archived