Pinnacle Breakfast without being in a suite

califgary

you Sher - that's sad - I've seen it handled so well - both in the Pinnacle and the Neptune when they basically give a nice tour and explain and the happy passenger walks out after being invited to book this next time.

That is really bad - just because it's the end of the cruise is no reason to assume that you haven't paid to be there. Wow, I think I would have a comment about that one. There's always a nice way to do things.

What ship was this out of curiosity? (if you don't mind the question)

Actually, sadly enough on my beloved Oosterdam Jackie, but stuff happens and mistakes are made. It was a few years ago, past history, and I have never met that gentleman at another Pinnacle on any ship, but you do recall those incidents.

It saddens me when I post something I hope will help another and it results in... well you know.

There were many problems that occurred on our last cruise...

for my parents--- & their cabin- too many, & the pinnacle breakfast was simply the tipping point. I have kept the majority of our issues to myself... we have all had one like that- and I see little reason to report back on things that are unlikely to effect others.

... I blame no one for my lack of thought on taking them to the pinnacle for breakfast, I mistakenly thought as our guests they could share our table.

I posted our experience only in hopes another would not make my error...:o

Thanks for your post. I would have felt the same as your parents did. Our last cruise it was NOT posted at the door clearly stating that the breakfast was only for suite passengers. I saw people being turned away that thought they could pay for breakfast like Lunch & Dinner.

FYI for all the know it all's who will post mean comments to me! yes I had a SA Room and no I didn't go to the PG! Opens too late for me

Thanks for your post. I would have felt the same as your parents did. Our last cruise it was NOT posted at the door clearly stating that the breakfast was only for suite passengers. I saw people being turned away that thought they could pay for breakfast like Lunch & Dinner.

FYI for all the know it all's who will post mean comments to me! yes I had a SA Room and no I didn't go to the PG! Opens too late for me

I've never seen anything posted that the PG breakfast is only for suite passengers - I think HAL thinks that if they post the PG 'open' hours in the daily explorer (lunch and dinner) that there will be no assumptions made.

Obviously though, if you are walking by and see it's open, you are going to go explore. It's understandable.

Kind of confused about the mean comments :confused: I can't see why anyone would post mean comments to you - but maybe mine are interpreted that way:confused: I certainly hope not:eek: Smooth seas:)

And the hours are the main reason we have never eaten breakfast in the Pinnacle on the three long cruises we have taken in a deluxe verandah suite (or the MDR ever in all of our HAL cruises.) We are early risers and are looking for breakfast much earlier than those times -- we sometimes find it hard to wait until 6:00 or 6:30 a.m. when the Lido opens with at least continental breakfast. (Yes, I recognize that we are in the minority, but we are never alone in the Lido at those hours).

Dave

We are also used to getting up early -- DH is in the gym at 6 AM. He gets back to the cabin after 7 -- then he changes and we are ready for breakfast. He can't workout after eating.

Actually, sadly enough on my beloved Oosterdam Jackie, but stuff happens and mistakes are made. It was a few years ago, past history, and I have never met that gentleman at another Pinnacle on any ship, but you do recall those incidents.

thanks Sher - that might be exactly why you haven't seen him on a Pinnacle since;)

I've never seen anything posted that the PG breakfast is only for suite passengers - I think HAL thinks that if they post the PG 'open' hours in the daily explorer (lunch and dinner) that there will be no assumptions made.

Obviously though, if you are walking by and see it's open, you are going to go explore. It's understandable.

Kind of confused about the mean comments :confused: I can't see why anyone would post mean comments to you - but maybe mine are interpreted that way:confused: I certainly hope not:eek: Smooth seas:)

TylerRose was sharing what happened to her & I feel some posters were very rude!

I like to learn from others & enjoy read most of the post but also think a few people should remember this!

If You Don't Have Anything Nice To Say (post)! Don't Say (post) Anything!

kazu I have learned a lot from your posts-thanks

TylerRose was sharing what happened to her & I feel some posters were very rude!

I like to learn from others & enjoy read most of the post but also think a few people should remember this!

If You Don't Have Anything Nice To Say (post)! Don't Say (post) Anything!

kazu I have learned a lot from your posts-thanks

Stick around. Lots of "meanies" here, you will see....

Some amazing people too.

On my last Eurodam cruise, the Pinnacle breakfast was almost always very quiet - only 2 or 3 tables of guests at the most. However, I'm an early riser so maybe we just beat the crowds. There were two women who I saw throughout the cruise who talked their way in for breakfast one day. I knew they were not in a suite because I saw the enter the Neptune Lounge and the hostess gave them the quick-tour-and-out-the-door routine. These two ladies seemed quite persistent when they wanted something but I was surprised that they were allowed into the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast one morning.

Please don't allow their pushiness to encourage you to try the same tactics. Simply book a suite if you want to have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill.

Princess has a similar perk for suite guests - breakfast in Sabitinis. They made it even more special than HAL by having a special menu for breakfast and mimosas upon arrival. Just like HAL, most mornings were very quiet with few guests.

I too have noticed people who were dining in the Pinnacle Grill who I knew were not in a suite. I guess there are some circumstances that do qualify to dine there without being in a suite.

I would imagine that there is a difference in the food in Pinnacle (not the menu - the cold/hot, not so good, etc.) from ship to ship as it seems to be in the MDR. We dined in Pinnacle every morning on Noordam and never had a bad meal. We enjoyed sitting by the window and watching the ocean go by (or the port activity) in a leisurely fashion. The Lido is fairly chaotic and you are encouraged to get up as soon as you are finished to make room for others - as you should, of course. Lingering over a cup of tea in Pinnacle was very enjoyable (although the decaf tea on the ship was meh - will bring my own on Maasdam). I read the boards of the cruise lines I have booked to learn as much as I can so I appreciated Tyler Rose's post.

I too have noticed people who were dining in the Pinnacle Grill who I knew were not in a suite. I guess there are some circumstances that do qualify to dine there without being in a suite.

I wonder if non-dlx suite pax who dine often or even everyday in the PG for lunch and/or dinner get to know the manager and he breaks the rules for them at breakfast. ;)

I wonder if non-dlx suite pax who dine often or even everyday in the PG for lunch and/or dinner get to know the manager and he breaks the rules for them at breakfast. ;)

Or is it a part of the Suite Amenities Package that can be purchased for any cabin level?

Is this the package you are talking about:

$100 (2) bathrobes, monogrammed with 3 letters.

$100 (2) $50 beverage cards.

$ 80 (2) one litre bottles of liquor.

$ 80 (2) 750ml bottles of wine.

$ 50 (1) dinner for 2 at the Pinnacle Grill.

$ 47 Unlimited laundry. Very nice!

$ -- Daily canapes or "afternoon tea" delivered to your cabin. $Priceless - This package gives you an excellent breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill the morning of debarkation. We received a pleasant surprise when we were placed in the Suite debarkation group, just after those taking their own luggage off the ship

If you pay for your cruise with American Express Card you get dinner for 2 in the PG so you might not be in a suite for that. We have always been asked the first couple of days for our cabin card or number before being seated for breakfast so they would know who is in a suite. After that, we are recognized and not asked for the number.

If you pay for your cruise with American Express Card you get dinner for 2 in the PG so you might not be in a suite for that. We have always been asked the first couple of days for our cabin card or number before being seated for breakfast so they would know who is in a suite. After that, we are recognized and not asked for the number.

I never have :mad:. How does that work?

I never have :mad:. How does that work?

Hubby uses his Platinum AMEX to pay for our cruise and on board spending. We get up to $300 OBC, depending on the length of the cruise and dinner for 2 in the PG. Our perks have paid for the AMEX fees over and over. The dinner is suppose to be for the first night on board but we visit the PG manager and book for whenever.

Is this the package you are talking about:

$100 (2) bathrobes, monogrammed with 3 letters.

$100 (2) $50 beverage cards.

$ 80 (2) one litre bottles of liquor.

$ 80 (2) 750ml bottles of wine.

$ 50 (1) dinner for 2 at the Pinnacle Grill.

$ 47 Unlimited laundry. Very nice!

$ -- Daily canapes or "afternoon tea" delivered to your cabin. $Priceless - This package gives you an excellent breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill the morning of debarkation. We received a pleasant surprise when we were placed in the Suite debarkation group, just after those taking their own luggage off the ship

Yes, thank you, that's what I was trying to remember.

I usually pay for all my travel on AMEX, likewise my upcoming HAL Alaska cruise and have seen/heard nothing on this until your post. Is this a benefit unique to a Platinum AMEX? Does one have to apply for it? If this perk is due I certainly want to take advantage of it!

Sorry -- you can not use the Pinnacle unless you are in a Deluxe verandah Suite or the Penthouse.

Even if I was in a Deluxe Suite or the Penthouse, I would still go to the Lido for Breakfast because it is a lot quicker.

It is the American Express Platinum card that you buy directly from them -- not the ones you get at Costco, etc.

The fee each year on this card is around $500.

$500 :eek:. No wonder you get a PG dinner.

$500 :eek:. No wonder you get a PG dinner.

We also get a free bottle of cheap Pol Clement champagne.

And we get $300 shipboard cruise.

At one time we used to cruise 4 times a year -- got the $300 shipboard credit for each cruise -- that's $1200 in one year. More than pays for the card.

It can not be the card that is in conjunction with any other entity. It is strictly the American Express Platinum Card..... no partners.

The Fee is high but not quite $500. I think DH told me it is the range of $350 annually.

The benefits it provides more than substantiates the fee for Us. We make use of enough of the included benefits.

Archived