Navigator compared to Mariner

• 3 weeks later...

Does the Navigator allow smoking in the English Pub on deck 5? I hope not, so we can get Derek Lewis back on a Galveston ship. The Mariner does, and the Voyager does not, so Derek stayed with the Voyager out of NOLA even though Galveston is closer to his home. If the Navigator allows smoking, I wonder where Derek will go?

I just booked the March 30, 2014, Navigator.

Does the Navigator allow smoking in the English Pub on deck 5? I hope not, so we can get Derek Lewis back on a Galveston ship. The Mariner does, and the Voyager does not, so Derek stayed with the Voyager out of NOLA even though Galveston is closer to his home. If the Navigator allows smoking, I wonder where Derek will go?

I just booked the March 30, 2014, Navigator.

Hard to say because smoking venues can change cruise to cruise. Voyager was able to make the pub totally non-smoking because there was a Sports Bar on the Promenade that acted as the smoking lounge. Mariner and Navigator have Vintages in place of the Sports Bar, and Vintages is always non-smoking, so I'd guess the Navigator pub will allow smoking inside, otherwise there would be no smoking venue on the Promenade.

Hard to say because smoking venues can change cruise to cruise. Voyager was able to make the pub totally non-smoking because there was a Sports Bar on the Promenade that acted as the smoking lounge. Mariner and Navigator have Vintages in place of the Sports Bar, and Vintages is always non-smoking, so I'd guess the Navigator pub will allow smoking inside, otherwise there would be no smoking venue on the Promenade.

I was on Navigator in January. No smoking in Two Poets Pub at that time. In fact I don't recall any smoking venue on Promenade.

Great ship & I really enjoyed being on her. Can't help with comparisons to Mariner though.

I was on Navigator in January. No smoking in Two Poets Pub at that time. In fact I don't recall any smoking venue on Promenade.

Great ship & I really enjoyed being on her. Can't help with comparisons to Mariner though.

Thanks for the update. Then there's hope that Derek Lewis might be back on a Royal ship out of Galveston.

OB, when is your next cruise? I'm waiting for the 8 night on Indy in Feb/March to come down in price a bit...same one you did on the Nav, I think? Have you been on Indy?

We sailed a 8 nighter on Indy 3 years ago. And I am looking at Indy again for this coming March. Even though it is the same itinerary as we just did on Navigator, it is a good itinerary and I love 8 nighters. I also happen to love Independence. The one thing that might change my mind is if I find some really good deals on flights to San Juan then I might do Adventure again as we have not done a southern Caribbean sailing in several years now and I love the islands on those routes.

Since you liked Navigator I am sure you would love Independence. If you have any questions about the ship I'd be glad to help.

Does the Mariner have any outside seating area for eating? Like to be able to have breakfast/lunch outside but when I was on the Navigator you couldn't really do this!

Thanks!

Does the Mariner have any outside seating area for eating? Like to be able to have breakfast/lunch outside but when I was on the Navigator you couldn't really do this!

Thanks!

Last time I was on Mariner, there were a few tables on the pool deck that people could use for eating. It's nothing like the Radiance class (at least the original Radiance class - not sure about after revitalization) where there is a dedicated outdoor seating area for Windjammer.

Thanks!

Same seating options as Navigator so no outside seating like other ships.

Archived