The crown and anchor dance

It finally got here...our crown and anchor crystal block...we hit 140 points on our last cruise when we were on the Liberty of the Sea's but it took me almost 5 weeks to get our cruise history corrected with the folks in Kansas ansd Oregon...but she showed up today...very very nice...kind of heavy...but very much appreciated by this crown and anchor member...THANKS TO ALL THE FOLKS AT THE CROWN AND ANCHOR AND RCCL...we will show it proud...

It finally got here...our crown and anchor crystal block...we hit 140 points on our last cruise when we were on the Liberty of the Sea's but it took me almost 5 weeks to get our cruise history corrected with the folks in Kansas ansd Oregon...but she showed up today...very very nice...kind of heavy...but very much appreciated by this crown and anchor member...THANKS TO ALL THE FOLKS AND THE CROWN AND ANCHOR AND RCCL...we will show it proud...

The blocks are nice. Just got one on the FOS a few weeks ago.

Be glad that they mailed it to you - was a real PITA to carry that heavy dude in our carry on luggage for the flights home!

Not trying to be a pain, but, what are you supposed to do with this? I can't see any reason why I would display it somewhere, but, then, that's probably just me.

Very Expensive paperweight!! Bragging rights is about it.

Wonder if E-bay has them? Would probably cost a fraction of what it costs us to get it.

We're at 200 pts. and never received anything:confused:. Do you specifically have to ask for this?

You should not have to ask for it. You may or may not have missed your block at 140 points. It used to be that you needed 30 cruise credits (under the old system) to start getting blocks. At some point in the past (mid 2010?), they changed it to 20 cruise credits, however if you had already passed 20 cruise credits when they made the rule change, then you missed it. Your next opportunity is when you pass 30 cruise credits, which is 210 points under the new system.

Not trying to be a pain, but, what are you supposed to do with this? I can't see any reason why I would display it somewhere, but, then, that's probably just me.

I have models of all of the RCI ships that I have cruised on out on a table in the house. They actually seem to be conversation starters about cruising. I would probably put the crystal block out too. But, then, that is probably just me.

What is a block? What are they used for?

It's a solid crystal block with the ship etched inside. It's a rectangular shape about 2" x 2" x 3". It commemorates the ship on which you earned C&A point milestones, starting at 140 points and continuing every 70 points after.

will go in my office...to look at on those cold winter days in MINNESOTA to remember and look forward to our next RCCL vacation...it's not much at all...but it does make you feel special...but that's me...if others think it's foolish...tuff bananas

Cigar King...this is a free perk that they are offering to you as part of the crown and anchor membership...they don't have to give us anything or do anything for us...it's a freebe and I am not aware of there being options when you hit this milestone...let's us know what you find out when you call the crown and anchor number...thanks

Yes, a perk, a free perk even. Much like the hats, key chains, t-shirts, plastic travel cups, yadda, yadda, yadda. Assuming the goal of RCI is to generate some buzz, they might be better served by allowing people a choice. Anyway, I think I may give them a call when we hit the milestone. What can it hurt?

Sell it on ebay. They seem to fetch a pretty good price. We have kept ours but don't display them.

I did not see any of these on ebay but I did see a pair of Diamond pins. Just curious but what would one who is not diamond status do with these?

There is a Navigator block there.

I would guess folks buy them to wear so others may think they are Diamonds. Not sure why but that is my guess.

There is a Navigator block there.

I would guess folks buy them to wear so others may think they are Diamonds. Not sure why but that is my guess.

See, that was the only use I thought they had. What would make the seller think they are worth $45, I wonder. Just because they're kinda "rare?" I mean, they would be worth a ton if they could get you into special events or something but just to have others think you're diamond? Who does that? Better question- why?

Yes, a perk, a free perk even. Much like the hats, key chains, t-shirts, plastic travel cups, yadda, yadda, yadda. Assuming the goal of RCI is to generate some buzz, they might be better served by allowing people a choice. Anyway, I think I may give them a call when we hit the milestone. What can it hurt?

You do have a choice. You can take possession of the crystal block or tell RCI that you prefer that they keep if for someone else who might enjoy it.

Archived