Sorry. Smuggle booze question one I haven't heard yet...

I'm always amazed by booze smuggling threads - both the pleas of those seeking advice and the schemes of those offering. That said, the threads are usually good for a laugh or two. Makes you wonder whether those with the "rules are made for everyone but me" mentality are as tolerant and forgiving when their fellow pax bend "a few silly non-important rules" like saving seats poolside, smoking in no smoking areas, babies in diapers in the pool, kids in hot tubs, breaking into lines at the buffet.... Or are booze smugglers the only ones entitled to set the bar (no pun intended!) re which rules are bendable and which are not???????

...in breaking a money driven company policy that impacts no other passengers vs. one that does impact other passengers?

I'm always amazed by booze smuggling threads - both the pleas of those seeking advice and the schemes of those offering. That said, the threads are usually good for a laugh or two. Makes you wonder whether those with the "rules are made for everyone but me" mentality are as tolerant and forgiving when their fellow pax bend "a few silly non-important rules" like saving seats poolside, smoking in no smoking areas, babies in diapers in the pool, kids in hot tubs, breaking into lines at the buffet.... Or are booze smugglers the only ones entitled to set the bar (no pun intended!) re which rules are bendable and which are not???????

I understand how all the things you mentioned could have a negative effect on your cruise except booze smuggling.

...in breaking a money driven company policy that impacts no other passengers vs. one that does impact other passengers?

Firstly, what company isn't money-driven? Better yet, which pax aren't money-driven? Certainly the ones who are into booze-smuggling are money-driven or they wouldn't bother looking for ways to sneak booze onboard with them so they don't have to pay for it onboard. No double standards - if "breaking a money-driven company policy" is ok for pax, then "breaking" money-driven pax is equally ok for the cruiseline.

Secondly, other than yourself, who would you suggest be appointed arbitor of which bending of the rules does or does not impact other pax? I've no clue how many pax sneak booze onboard cruise ships (nor do I care) but if at some point in time if those who do 'smuggle' somehow impact the bar department's bottom line - not at all likely but neither is it altogether impossible - an increase in drink prices will, in fact, affect other pax. Of course, the smugglers will still smuggle and therefore won't be adversely impacted by higher prices, so I guess it really shouldn't matter to anyone else.

Firstly, what company isn't money-driven? Better yet, which pax aren't money-driven? Certainly the ones who are into booze-smuggling are money-driven or they wouldn't bother looking for ways to sneak booze onboard with them so they don't have to pay for it onboard. No double standards - if "breaking a money-driven company policy" is ok for pax, then "breaking" money-driven pax is equally ok for the cruiseline.

Secondly, other than yourself, who would you suggest be appointed arbitor of which bending of the rules does or does not impact other pax? I've no clue how many pax sneak booze onboard cruise ships (nor do I care) but if at some point in time if those who do 'smuggle' somehow impact the bar department's bottom line - not at all likely but neither is it altogether impossible - an increase in drink prices will, in fact, affect other pax. Of course, the smugglers will still smuggle and therefore won't be adversely impacted by higher prices, so I guess it really shouldn't matter to anyone else.

Au contraire ... ever rising drink prices will result in a worse bottom line for the cruise line. "Smuggling" attempts will be on the rise and onboard drinking on the wain. I have absolutely no problem with the cruise lines ramping up their attempts to stop "smugglers", but they know they can never fully stop it because like it or not, people are alas ... people. Look folks, the Coyote knows that he has little chance at stealing a lamb from the Sheep Dog, but it doesn't stop him from trying, even though he know's a severe a** kicking is coming with it. Just saying ...

or-they can deny boarding!! :eek: Ask hookah guy!

make sure you hide your litttle bottles in the fake bottom of a spray can!! You're good to go!!! :p:D

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! boy THAT was a thread to follow =-)

Interesting. The point remains...it's still silly and off the mark to compare a person sneaking a few airplane bottles in their pocket to someone smoking or otherwise creating a negative environment for other passengers.

Au contraire ... ever rising drink prices will result in a worse bottom line for the cruise line. "Smuggling" attempts will be on the rise and onboard drinking on the wain.

That's what folks have said every time drink prices have gone up on every cruise line, yet the beverage departments remain leading profit centers!

Having some information on 'how to smuggle' I decided that you as fellow cruisers should have the same knowledge on how to get booze onboard, its not the one I use but one that is useable. I would ask you to eat this after digesting it ......lol

If you are aware there are bags that you can fill with water to make ice cubes, they have a tie system where the water goes in. Instead of water fill it with booze and shove it into your case. It wont be picked up by the x-ray machine as its plastic.......

Now please eat this and deny all knowledge !!!

Happy cruising !!!

:)

Having some information on 'how to smuggle' I decided that you as fellow cruisers should have the same knowledge on how to get booze onboard, its not the one I use but one that is useable. I would ask you to eat this after digesting it ......lol

If you are aware there are bags that you can fill with water to make ice cubes, they have a tie system where the water goes in. Instead of water fill it with booze and shove it into your case. It wont be picked up by the x-ray machine as its plastic.......

Now please eat this and deny all knowledge !!!

Happy cruising !!!

:)

:cool:Known as RUM RUNNERS, the greatest invention in cruising history:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

Interesting. The point remains...it's still silly and off the mark to compare a person sneaking a few airplane bottles in their pocket to someone smoking or otherwise creating a negative environment for other passengers.

I agree. However, the point I was trying to make is that many pax who have no problem bending rules they can justify bending to themselves for whatever reason, aren't necessarily equally understanding and/or forgiving when fellow pax do the same thing, namely, bend rules they (the other pax) likewise feel justified bending. Relying on the "but I'm not impacting any other pax by sneaking booze onboard" argument is a red herring - a diversion intended to distract from the real issue which in this case is the negative impact sneaking booze onboard has on the big, bad, money-driven, evil, rich, profit-oriented cruise line - an impact which according to many posters is not only ok but downright admirable.

Would it be easy to walk right past check in with a few mini bottles of vodka like the airlines give on flights right on (NOT IN LOL!) my person. 2 in my side cargo shorts pockets? A couple in my gals bra?

Do these mini bottles get detected scattered around a suitcase?

I don't think they care about these. In San Juan last year, people were bringing on 12 packs of the small bottles, right out in the open, nobody cared.

Duh!!! "scotchish" what is that then-scotch is a whiskey we are Scottish or Scots & what don't you do where you are from?

You are right. I googled it and sure enough it is right there. And I did not even know that Google says it is a country. I always thought it was a place where the Queen had her summer castle and a sort of state. I guess you learn somethin' new every day. Last time I believe Hollywood and Mel Gibson in Braveheart. Oh that's right he is from down under....the free country out from under the Queen's thumb.;)

My friends got their rumrunners confiscated in March 2012 on the Allure. Had them in checked luggage. Shampbooze is now the preferred method. Worked great for me. Rum runners will work thru security at the port if you have them on your person--like in a girdle. Trust me! ;)

My friends got their rumrunners confiscated in March 2012 on the Allure. Had them in checked luggage. Shampbooze is now the preferred method. Worked great for me. Rum runners will work thru security at the port if you have them on your person--like in a girdle. Trust me! ;)

I did not think rum runners could be detected..could they have had something else in there luggage also that caused it to be flaggged?

Smuggling may or may not impact other passengers, but it certainly might impact the crew. There was at least one story on another thread about a crew member that lost their job for not reporting smuggled booze he had seen in someone's cabin.:(

You are right. I googled it and sure enough it is right there. And I did not even know that Google says it is a country. I always thought it was a place where the Queen had her summer castle and a sort of state. I guess you learn somethin' new every day. Last time I believe Hollywood and Mel Gibson in Braveheart. Oh that's right he is from down under....the free country out from under the Queen's thumb.;)

This is EPIC STUFF! And Joe, you are now shifting into the much preferred satirical response as opposed to the much less admired personal attack. I knew you could do it!

yeah, take the pole out of your backside, enjoy yourself a little, its ok to break a few silly non important rules, rccl only made this rule so that we would spend more on their ship, we spend loads anyway:rolleyes:

lol!

No worries. I'll be too busy saving lounges poolside with empty suntan lotion bottles, torn magazines, flip-flops, empty shopping bags, coverless paperbacks, empty coffee cups and other assorted pax-approved lounge-savers while the others in my party are enjoying a nice smoke in the dining room, cutting into buffet lines to pick through the offerings with their hands, teaching their diapered babies to swim in the pool and having a grand old time engaging in an ear-splitting screaming match (BTW, I'll need to borrow your earplugs!) with the four-year-olds in the hot tub! Otherwise, I'm sure we'd get along just fine.

I'd much rather swim in a pool with a baby IN a diaper than with a baby without a diaper! :eek::roll eyes:

Just saying....

Last yr on the navigator I had two "airplane" size bottle taken from my cosmetic bag. They were replaced with a note that they had confiscated them!! Actually got quite a laugh out of it considering they didn't see the rum runners.

OH NO!!! they didn't notice the rum runners?!?!!? lol

I smuggled in about 2 dozen nips in my suitcase, dispursed in with toiletries, inside shoes, etc. LOL Not a problem. 99.9% of them came home with me. I won't bother again

Archived