Sorry. Smuggle booze question one I haven't heard yet...

Would it be easy to walk right past check in with a few mini bottles of vodka like the airlines give on flights right on (NOT IN LOL!) my person. 2 in my side cargo shorts pockets? A couple in my gals bra?

Do these mini bottles get detected scattered around a suitcase?

I am not a big drinker so I usually pack maybe a dozen mini-bottles in with my toiletries. Never been caught. Usually a dozen lasts me and my wife the entire cruise. She gets the soda package and makes rum & cokes. I get coffee and spike it with amaretto. We distribute a few in each of our bags.

Have just posted the same question on my M & M thread, we did not take any alcohol on our last cruise too scared of getting caught - what's the punishment anyway!!!!! Is it easier then to taken small bottles rather than one big bottle, we are not big drinkers but would like to have a wee dram on our balcony in the evening.:)

My husband has done this for years. The first time was when we were leaving from the San Juan port and there was a liquor store right in the port. After we boarded the ship he left the ship, bought a bunch of those little bottles and walked right back on the ship with them in his backpack, no one gave him a second look.

Usually find that this can be done whilst in port as staff are not that attentive unless you go up to them and declare what you've bought, in St Thomas I bought a small bottle of coconut rum with a plastic cap, it was in my pocket and I 'forgot' about it going back on the ship until we got to the cabin, to be on the safe side we drank it to 'hide the evidence' :D

When we were in St. Thomas a year ago, the shops at Havensight were advertising "smuggle" proof flask size bottles of rum with plastic caps. Our three adult sons took this as a challenge and each bought a bottle. Two of them carried them past security with no problem. The third son got stopped (had the flask in the pocket on his cargo shorts) and had to surrender his flask. We have laughed about this quite a bit since he is in law enforcement and worked at a large university where he had to watch for smugglers at school events.:D

On our cruise to St. Thomas last month, I did not see these advertised. Maybe because it was Spring Break?

Sherri:)

Have just posted the same question on my M & M thread, we did not take any alcohol on our last cruise too scared of getting caught - what's the punishment anyway!!!!! Is it easier then to taken small bottles rather than one big bottle, we are not big drinkers but would like to have a wee dram on our balcony in the evening.:)

The punishment is they take your booze away. Nothing to be scared of...it's not like you're going to get arrested.

I stuck some of those inside my seat cushion of my wheelchair on this last cruise and never wound up drinking them :rolleyes: I got through with no problem at all of course. I still spent a couple hundred $$$ at the bars too.

I vowed "never again" to smuggle any alcohol on board. Im not in the cabin much at all so its too much of an inconvenience to me to try and mix my own drinks.

The whole "I like to have a drink in my cabin" thing just does not apply to me :)

I did smuggle on a 12 pack of Coke Zero also though and took one to the MDR with me every night. After the first night, my asst waiter would have my ice waiting on me to pour it over.

I stuck some of those inside my seat cushion of my wheelchair on this last cruise and never wound up drinking them :rolleyes: I got through with no problem at all of course. I still spent a couple hundred $$$ at the bars too.

I vowed "never again" to smuggle any alcohol on board. Im not in the cabin much at all so its too much of an inconvenience to me to try and mix my own drinks.

The whole "I like to have a drink in my cabin" thing just does not apply to me :)

I did smuggle on a 12 pack of Coke Zero also though and took one to the MDR with me every night. After the first night, my asst waiter would have my ice waiting on me to pour it over.

I agree 110%!:) My DH & I used to take the little bottles on board with us...and 99% of the time they would come back home unopened....we were on Vacation & it was just nice to sit in a lounge & enjoy a drink...

The punishment is they take your booze away. Nothing to be scared of...it's not like you're going to get arrested.

or-they can deny boarding!! :eek: Ask hookah guy!

make sure you hide your litttle bottles in the fake bottom of a spray can!! You're good to go!!! :p:D

The third son got stopped (had the flask in the pocket on his cargo shorts) and had to surrender his flask. We have laughed about this quite a bit since he is in law enforcement and worked at a large university where he had to watch for smugglers at school events.:D

...what a fine example of following the rules......you must be so proud.:rolleyes:.....no wonder why he couldn't make the "big leagues"....

...what a fine example of following the rules......you must be so proud.:rolleyes:.....no wonder why he couldn't make the "big leagues"....

What do you consider the "big leagues"? He worked as a campus police officer to put himself through school, after graduation became an officer with a large city here in Indiana for 5 years, and now is with a federal police agency.

And thank you, I am proud of him!:D

Usually find that this can be done whilst in port as staff are not that attentive unless you go up to them and declare what you've bought, in St Thomas I bought a small bottle of coconut rum with a plastic cap, it was in my pocket and I 'forgot' about it going back on the ship until we got to the cabin, to be on the safe side we drank it to 'hide the evidence' :D

Haha

I hope that mistake did not spoil your trip for you.

What do you consider the "big leagues"? He worked as a campus police officer to put himself through school, after graduation became an officer with a large city here in Indiana for 5 years, and now is with a federal police agency.

And thank you, I am proud of him!:D

Now he is with a "federal police agency" and does not know enough to follow rules? Just like ancient Rome the culture starts to rot from within. If we can't have those who enforce rules and regulations follow those same rules than how can we expect the "public" to have respect for rules? The country is going to h***.

Now he is with a "federal police agency" and does not know enough to follow rules? Just like ancient Rome the culture starts to rot from within. If we can't have those who enforce rules and regulations follow those same rules than how can we expect the "public" to have respect for rules? The country is going to h***.

Thanks Joe, for giving me a good laugh today!:D

Archived