Captain / Hotel Director / Cruise Director Thread (Updated Through December 2014)

malcliz

Nathalia is my favourite. I liked Farieda too, but she's left Azamara. They should get more of a mentionicon14.gif

Phil

We want to add our vote for Nathalia. We enjoyed meeting her on the Journey in March 2011 and were delighted to see her again on the Quest October 2012 -- she remembered us and greeted us by name -- doesn't get any better than that! :D

Frank & Jan

Andy,

June25th:We hope to have a Quest update shortly, but it will probably not go beyond the end of 2013.

July 2nd:

We hope to have an updated list for Quest shortly. However, it will likely be for sailings through the end of 2013. As you are only 1 sailing away from that date, it may give you an idea of who's onboard.

Andy and Bill,with August only 3 weeks away, do you have any new information on when "shortly" will become real information?

Andy and Bill,with August only 3 weeks away, do you have any new information on when "shortly" will become real information?

Hello Kiawahdon -

The Master on the Azamara Quest during the month of August will be Captain Stig Nilsen.

The Captain assignments for the balance of 2013 are still being finalized. I do not know when that decision will be completed. Therefore, I'll refrain from using "shortly," "soon," and in "due time!" Our operations team does not want to provide information that might change and then disappoint you.

AZAMARA QUEST

AUG 7: Captain- Stig Nilsen / Hotel Director- Philip Herbert / Cruise Director- Russ Grieve

AUG 16: Captain- Stig Nilsen / Hotel Director- Philip Herbert / Cruise Director- Russ Grieve

AUG 28: Captain- Stig Nilsen / Hotel Director- Philip Herbert / Cruise Director- Russ Grieve

I appreciate your patience. Once the balance of 2013 is set, Andy will post the entire schedule.

Enjoy your Azamara vacation and Happy Sailing!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

AZAMARA QUEST

AUG 7: Captain- Stig Nilsen / Hotel Director- Philip Herbert / Cruise Director- Russ Grieve

AUG 16: Captain- Stig Nilsen / Hotel Director- Philip Herbert / Cruise Director- Russ Grieve

AUG 28: Captain- Stig Nilsen / Hotel Director- Philip Herbert / Cruise Director- Russ Grieve

this is great news for me! I love Russ and Philip took care of some problems i was having.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

I hope i get all three in Sept. Stig did tell me in March he was on in Sept.. So i am sure that will stay the same.

Bill, please do you have any info yet on who will be Captain, Cruise Director and Hotel Director on Quest for the Oct 9th cruise?

Thank you.

Lottie.

Hello Lottie -

I'm unable to provide you with the name of the Captain who will be the Master on the Azamara Quest's October 9, 2013 voyage.

As I mentioned before, the Captain assignments for the balance of 2013 are still being finalized. I do not know the timing when that decision will be completed. Our operations team does not want to provide information that might change and then disappoint you.

In the meantime, the current schedule shows that on the October 9th voyage Philip Herbert will be the Hotel Director and Tony Markey will be Cruise Director.

I appreciate your patience. Once the balance of 2013 is set and reconfirmed, we will post the entire schedule.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi Bill and Host Andy: We are also curious about the same for our December 8 Quest cruise. Any info as yet? Thank you

Hello Shoesonfire -

I'm unable to provide you with the name of the Captain who will be the Master on the Azamara Quest's December 8, 2013 voyage.

As I just mentioned to Lottie, the Captain assignments for the balance of 2013 are still being finalized. In the meantime, the current schedule shows that on the December 8th voyage Ryszard Gusmann will be the Hotel Director and Russ Grieve will be the Cruise Director.

I appreciate your patience. Once the balance of 2013 is set and reconfirmed, we will post the entire schedule.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

In the meantime, the current schedule shows that on the October 9th voyage Philip Herbert will be the Hotel Director and Tony Markey will be the Cruise Director.

In the meantime, the current schedule shows that on the December 8th voyage Ryszard Gusmann will be the Hotel Director and Russ Grieve will be the Cruise Director.

Ah...so the great question now for those of us on Quest from November 2 until November 26 is: When does Philip morph into Ryszard and Tony morph into Russ?;)

Ah...so the great question now for those of us on Quest from November 2 until November 26 is: When does Philip morph into Ryszard and Tony morph into Russ?;)

Hello Marinaro44 -

Although the Captain assignments for the balance of 2013 are still being finalized, below are the Hotel Manager and Cruise Director assignments.

Please remember that this information is subject to change until we're able to officially post on Cruise Critic.

AZAMARA QUEST

Date / Hotel Manager / Cruise Director

7-Sep: Philip Herbert / Russ Grieve

14-Sep: Philip Herbert / Russ Grieve

21-Sep: Philip Herbert/ Tony Markey

28-Sep: Philip Herbert / Tony Markey

9-Oct: Philip Herbert / Tony Markey

16-Oct: Philip Herbert / Tony Markey

23-Oct: Ryszard Gusmann / Tony Markey

2-Nov: Ryszard Gusmann / Tony Markey

13-Nov: Ryszard Gusmann / Tony Markey

26-Nov: Ryszard Gusmann / Russ Grieve

8-Dec: Ryszard Gusmann / Russ Grieve

20-Dec: Ryszard Gusmann / Russ Grieve

28-Dec: Ryszard Gusmann / Russ Grieve

5-Jan-14: Ryszard Gusmann / Russ Grieve

I hope this helps you and others as you plan ahead.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Future Azamara Quest Guests -

I received the following REVISED staffing information about the Azamara Quest voyages operating from August 7, 2013 through January 5, 2014.

This information, dated 16 July 2013, replaces my previous posts. Remember, that these schedules are still subject to change and more information about the balance of the year will follow.

AZAMARA QUEST

Date: Captain / Hotel Manager / Cruise Director

7-Aug: Stig Nilsen / Philip Herbert / Russ Grieve

16-Aug: Johannes Tysse / Philip Herbert / Russ Grieve

28-Aug: Carl Smith / Philip Herbert / Russ Grieve

7-Sep: Carl Smith / Philip Herbert /Russ Grieve

14-Sep: Carl Smith / Philip Herbert /Russ Grieve

21-Sep: Carl Smith / Philip Herbert / Tony Markey

28-Sep: Carl Smith / Philip Herbert / Tony Markey

9-Oct: Carl Smith / Philip Herbert / Tony Markey

16-Oct : Carl Smith/ Philip Herbert / Tony Markey

23-Oct: Carl Smith / Ryszard Gusmann / Tony Markey

2-Nov: TBD / Ryszard Gusmann / Tony Markey

13-Nov: TBD / Ryszard Gusmann / Tony Markey

26-Nov: TBD / Ryszard Gusmann / Russ Grieve

8-Dec: TBD / Ryszard Gusmann / Russ Grieve

20-Dec: TBD / Ryszard Gusmann / Russ Grieve

28-Dec: TBD / Ryszard Gusmann / Russ Grieve

5-Jan-14: TBD / Ryszard Gusmann / Russ Grieve

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Future Azamara Quest Guests -....

This information, dated 16 July 2013, replaces my previous posts. Remember, that these schedules are still subject to change and more information about the balance of the year will follow.

AZAMARA QUEST

Date: Captain / Hotel Manager / Cruise Director

21-Sep: Carl Smith / Philip Herbert / Tony Markey

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks so much for keeping after all this for us, Bill. I am psyched to have Captain Carl again at the helm for my cruise, particularly after just today viewing the lovely photos of his recent visit to the Isle of Man on Quest.

Edited by CintiPam

So once again Johaness will help out the Quest. I am so glad that i get to see him even if it is one sailing. is Carl coming back early from his holiday? Does not seem like a full two months off.

After having drinks and dinner with Stig this winter i am not surprised about some of these changes. Finding the right fit to replace Johaness or Carl is not easy.

i have yet to meet Carl and i am sure i will be comparing him to Johaness.

looking forward to great summer and early fall with my cruises.

Hmm. Stig is leaving. I'm voting for Johannes to transition to Quest and team up with Carl :)

Floris

Interesting idea

Not sure if this would happen as it would leave the two less experienced Masters together, although Jason is rapidly developing as a really great Master on Journey to complement Johannes

If Stig did leave I would love to see Panos Panagopoulos become full Captain. He is currently Staff Captain on the Quest and has been with Azamara, I think as Staff Captain, since 2007. We have sailed with him 3 times this year and were impressed with his ability to mingle with passengers in a similar way to Carl, when his duties allowed.

Jeanette.

please realize that Stig was working on the Quest in Sept. i had dinner with him several times and he said he would be on the ship when i sailed.

he is now leaving in the middle of a 4 month contract.

So that means two captains changed their time off to come back.

Johannes went on holiday the end of June so he yet again is helping out on Carl's ship. I like the fact both men have their own ship.

nice to know Jason is improving wih time. .Felt his wife was friendlier and I just could not compare him to Johaness. i am use to Johness walking around at night and saying hi to people.

I wish Stig happeness in his future cruises and his life. Also pray we get a good fit on the new Captain for my future cruises.

Did I miss something. Did Bill Leiber state that Stig is leaving Azamara?

no! he did not.

But i do know for a fact that he is going back to larger ships but for the same parent company.

all captains are on 4 months at a time. so Johaness is coming on for one cruise to cover and then Carl is coming back again from his holiday.. if i can count to four months he is coming back early. plus it did say TBA for all my winter cruises.

Hello from the Quest!

Yes, Captain Stig confirmed in a "Captain's Chat" yesterday that will be leaving the Quest on August 17th to take up command of the Brilliance of the Seas. No rumours on board as to who will replace him.

He also told us that Larry Pimentel will be on board from the 26th - 31st. Hmmm....

Sailing up the Elbe River into Hamburg right now. Sun is shining and it is gorgeous!