carnival Loyalty Program leaked, Compare?

The name leaves a lot to be desired. Also, I don't see anything so great about it. RCI's program is still head and shoulders better. Even most of the Carnival faithful on the Carnival board seem less than impressed with the changes. Also the fact that Carnival is so far behind the other cruise lines in ship design and features, not a lot to make me want to cruise with them again.

I am currently Milestone with Carnival and about to be downgraded to platinum under the new program (not to happy). On the bright side I can switch my loyalty back to RCCI since I am 3 cruses or point away from Emerald just push for Diamond over the next few years since we sail 4 or so times a year. I hope you all don't mind me coming back!!!

I am currently Milestone with Carnival and about to be downgraded to platinum under the new program (not to happy). On the bright side I can switch my loyalty back to RCCI since I am 3 cruses or point away from Emerald just push for Diamond over the next few years since we sail 4 or so times a year. I hope you all don't mind me coming back!!!

If your Milestone you are suppose to be grandfathered into the top tier. We will have to wait and see if this happens. When RCCL changed I lost out so I am not holding my breath.

But I still cruise both lines plus a few others. As they say "it is what it is".

If your Milestone you are suppose to be grandfathered into the top tier. We will have to wait and see if this happens. When RCCL changed I lost out so I am not holding my breath.

But I still cruise both lines plus a few others. As they say "it is what it is".

How did you lose out with the conversion on RCI?:confused:

AFAIK when RCI transferred cruise credits into cruise points nobody was downgraded to a lower level, so nothing was lost by anyone.

What I'm curious of is if you're going to move up to the next level on a particular cruise, do they start you out on that level at the beginning of the cruise? I have 22 nights with a 7 night on the Glory booked. Will I start as Red and change to Gold on the 3rd night, will I stay Red the whole cruise, or will I start the cruise on Gold since I will hit the number of nights needed for Gold during the cruise?

AFAIK when RCI transferred cruise credits into cruise points nobody was downgraded to a lower level, so nothing was lost by anyone.

I think what happens, some had more longer than 7 but less than 12 night cruises. If the conversion took that into consideration, they could move up. It didn't, and thay didn't. So they felt thay lost out. Plug the credits you have into the converter, and you lose no ground. Of course if you figured on more 3 night cruise will move you before, and after it won't. That is why the program changed.

I will add that in December, before the change, we had 21, and DW got worried. Booked a cruise on ROTS , JS and diamonds in December for 3 points.

No problem there.

Apparently on Carnival, W T F means What the Fun? or perhaps "Where's the Fun":D

I can honestly say the only fun we had on our 1 carni cruise was the slides...for the most part, we couldn't wait to get off her. Sorry Carni cruisers. JMHO:cool:

A lot of us lost out because we had cruises booked that would make us the next level, only to have the program changed and cause us to need one additional cruise. For us, we had two cruises booked that meant we would be Diamond after the second one. They changed the program and we were then Emerald after the second one. It took one more cruise (8 night) in to get us to D.

Overall, life isn't necessarily fair and for everyone who lost out when the conversion took place because most of their cruises were longer than 7 days, there were likely many more who had regularly taken 3, 4 and 5 night cruises who benefitted from the decision to revise the formula. Spending much time worrying about such minutiae is IMO a waste and should be spent on much more relevant issues.

Not very impressive..... I have sailed CCL and RCI (One cruise each) so from my perspective RCI has many more perks to offer :)

DITTO!!!

1 cruise each? And you're worried about perks?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Ive been waiting a LONG time for Carnival to re-vamp their loyalty program and THIS was the best they could come up with!!! i have written them letters, sent e-mails and even spoken to my PVP about this matter ...and still this was the BEST they had to offer their guests!!

Don't get me wrong I do not just book cruises simply for the perks BUT we have to admit it's called a "loyalty program" for a reason and we appreciate being recognized for our loyalty. The reason I am venting about this is because I am a LOYAL guest of CCL and this program is like a slap in the face to me and all their other loyal guests.

Will this stop me from cruising with CCL altogether? NO. But when my perks reach a certain level with RCI I dont know how loyal I will be to CCL. I have family that will NOT cruise with anyone but RCI because their loyalty is rewarded EVERY cruise...that is a company that I respect in the end....end of rant

I have only been on one Carnival cruise, so I guess I'd get one free drink at brunch if I sail them again...that may not tempt me back. I know RCL, NCL, and X programs fairly well, and I think all of them are better than Carnival's. If loyalty programs are meant to help encourage your past customers to stay with you instead of trying a competitor, I see nothing in Carnival's program to keep one enthralled...unless that invitation from the Captain for upper level members is really, really special.

Why don't we just wait a couple more weeks before we jump to conclusions. Let's give Carnival an opportunity to officially release the new loyalty program before we judge it. I agree with many of the others that the current proposal is lacking if it is truly the new program. But, Carnival did not become the largest Cruise Corporation being stupid. My bet is when it is all said and done we will see a program that shows us cruisers that Carnival values our loyalty.

Thanks Nick Peralta

Carnival Pride 10/5/2003

Carnival Pride 04/18/2004

Carnival Fascination 10/4/2004

Carnival Spirit 10/31/2005

Carnival Spirit 08/23/2006

Carnival Pride 01/28/2007

Carnival Spirit 10/1/2007

Carnival Elation 03/3/2008

Carnival Victory 09/6/2008

Carnival Elation 12/8/2008 Platinum Cruise

Carnival Splendor 04/19/2009

Carnival Paradise 06/12/2009

Carnival Spirit 10/26/2009

Carnival Elation 12/26/2009

Carnival Paradise 03/19/2010

Carnival Splendor 10/31/2010

Carnival Spirit 12/10/2010

Carnival Spirit 03/27/2011

Carnival Splendor 09/04/2011

Carnival Spirit 12/17/2011

Carnival Inspiration 03/23/2012

Carnival Inspiration 06/08/2012

Carnival Spirit 09/30/2012

Carnival Miracle 04/07/2013

Carnival Miracle 10/19/2013 Milestone Cruise

Wow, based on what some of you have said, the RCCL loyalty program is WAAY better than Carnivals!

Some of you have said that you dont care what the perks are because you dont sail for the perks. But the point is that this is a loyaly program designed to thank people for selecting Carnival instead of some other cruise line. in MHO, if this is how carnival thanks peple for choosing Carnival instead of a different cruise line, then I guess they dont appreciate their passengers very much!

Wow, based on what some of you have said, the RCCL loyalty program is WAAY better than Carnivals!

Some of you have said that you dont care what the perks are because you dont sail for the perks. But the point is that this is a loyaly program designed to thank people for selecting Carnival instead of some other cruise line. in MHO, if this is how carnival thanks peple for choosing Carnival instead of a different cruise line, then I guess they dont appreciate their passengers very much!

That may be which is why each person has to the right to decide if they want to change lines because they feel unappreciated. To me, it's no big deal. To others, it may be.

Archived