carnival Loyalty Program leaked, Compare?

It looks OK, but no cruise discounts. If you sail a line only for the loyalty programs, you will probably be disappointed. I choose my cruise line based on the service, the ships, and the itineraries, not the loyalty program.

Frankly, I think the RCCL loyalty program is OK also, but not the reason I choose to cruise itch them.

I agree Peter Pan. I dont cruise for the perks. I usually select a cruise by ports of call and more often calender dates.

But I am interested in how this compares with RCCL. Does RCCl have 5 catagories? Does it take about the same number of nights to get to a new level? Are the perks similar?

RCCL's program is significantly better, especially when you compare the benefits of RCCL's Diamond to CCL's Platinum.

Both require approximately 10 cruises. Carnival's new plan actually removes a couple of existing benefits and doesn't come close to RCCL's which gives as a minimum, a free nightly event with complimentary drinks, free internet and balcony discounts. carnival's offers free laundry. No comparison!

Looks like with Carni after your 200th cruise you become diamond, this corresponds to Diamond plus on rccl sorta. Then you get a ONE TIME only cabin upgrade or 2nd 3rd guests sail free. That is a biggie if you're a family, maybe equivilent to $400 or $500 savings. So that is good. But...it is only one time??? Diamond on RCCL gets $225 off a balcony rate on EVERY cruise no matter how many and Diamond Plus-$250. I think that's right isn't it Patti?? If she's reading she will give you the discounts, but I think RCCL's program is monetarily better.

Looks like they have no past guest party until you reach Gold, and no priority check-in until Platinum. No balcony discount?

No thanks - that wouldn't get me to switch from Royal and Princess to Carnival.

7267640914_377e7cb7f7_b.jpg

The new Carnival Loyalty program was just leaked. I am interested in how it compares to RCCL. What do you think?

Not very impressive..... I have sailed CCL and RCI (One cruise each) so from my perspective RCI has many more perks to offer :)

Looks like they have no past guest party until you reach Gold, and no priority check-in until Platinum. No balcony discount?

No thanks - that wouldn't get me to switch from Royal and Princess to Carnival.

DITTO!!!

I'm Platinum on Carnival under the current rules.

- Under the new rules, I wouldn't be considered Platinum (hopefully I'll be grandfathered in).

- Even though it will take more cruises to become Platinum, the new perks will be WORSE. Some of the former Platinum perks have now been moved to the Diamond column.

- Finally, the name of the new program. VIFP?? How long before people start mocking the acronym and calling it "Very Important Fu@ng People"?? :rolleyes:

Not impressed....:mad:

I'm Platinum on Carnival under the current rules.

- Under the new rules, I wouldn't be considered Platinum (hopefully I'll be grandfathered in).

- Even though it will take more cruises to become Platinum, the new perks will be WORSE. Some of the former Platinum perks have now been moved to the Diamond column.

- Finally, the name of the new program. VIFP?? How long before people start mocking the acronym and calling it "Very Important Fu@ng People"?? :rolleyes:

Not impressed....:mad:

I am not impressed either. I am currently Milestone. But if they live up to what they have said you will continue to be Platinum. Hopefully they will grandfather people in. I know cruise lines are not famous for doing this. When RCCL converted from cruises to days I lost out big time since they counted all your cruises as 7 day cruises and I had several that were more than 7 days.

I continued to cruise with RCCL and I will continue to cruise with Carnival. I do not cruise for the perks. I cruise the line that gives me the ports I want at a price I can afford to pay.

I do not like the name of the new program either.

For the record the above list is posted on the Carnival board on the very long thread under post #39 if you want to see it. There was a direct link but it was deleted.

Let's just start with the name of this whole thing. "Very Important Fun Person"...REALLY? Would make me feel like I'm skipping off to day camp at Lake Omagoshi.

Compare that to saying (with your best Thurston Howell the Third voice), "Oh yes lovey, I am a Diamond Member of the Crown and Anchor Society."

For that alone I'd take Royal's program over Carnival's.

It's always a toss up for me....

Pay 500 bucks more for a 250 discount....so I look at ports,cost,rooms,etc. I would never chase lame comps on a ship. But then again free drinks are nice.

One deal breaker is I. Can use my shareholder benefit on CCL and not on RCL on a balcony so now it 600 cheaper. Besides the oasis and the allure ships I don't see any real difference. Enjoy celebrity but they turn the lights off at 9.

Well I have sailed once with Carnival so that would make me that first tier which I have already forgot the name.

After reading the chart, RCCL Crown and Anchor Society has better benifits to it. I am Platinum with RCCL with 4 days away from Emerald. Still many more from Diamond. I do plan on making Diamond in a few years.

I know their price points not the same as RCCL, thus they don't have as much profit margin to play arou d with on every sailing... Buying think they missed the boat n this one.

One time upgrade, or free 3rd or 4th pax? Not once a year, but on time! :rolleyes:

I think they should have kept it was it was.. There really is not a lot to roll out.. We have done two cruises with CCL in the past six months.. (west coast does not a lot of options)

But I don't feel the drive to sail with them,like I do with royal.

It is actually pretty horrible. The only thing I see is free laundry. Woopee...what's that? $25? It's actually sort of insulting.

Makes me rethink my minor complaints about RCL's program (I wish they would combine the benefits of Royal & X).

Let's see, we're Gold on CCL and would stay Gold under the new program. We are Diamond on RCI, even though it took us one extra cruise to get there when they switched the plan on us last year. We currently have 4 cruises (26 points) with CCL which means we have a ways to go to get to their Platinum level. In about the same amount of time we can be D+ with RCI since we usually stay in JS or GS.

Let's just start with the name of this whole thing. "Very Important Fun Person"...REALLY? Would make me feel like I'm skipping off to day camp at Lake Omagoshi.

Compare that to saying (with your best Thurston Howell the Third voice), "Oh yes lovey, I am a Diamond Member of the Crown and Anchor Society."

And don't forget everything is spelled out in this "handy-dandy graph" that Carnival has come up with.

I'm not a fan of VIFP either, but I've always kind of felt "Crown and Anchor Society" sounded kinda silly. :D

Archived