Crown and anchor points questions?

I have 29 points[i know I'm a cruise newbie compared to most of you guys] but my question is at 30 points I go from GOLD to PLATINUM. My curious question is, does my status for PLATINUM member go up the minute I step on my next cruise, meaning on the ship or after the cruise is completed? I hope I explained that well enough to understand, sorry if I didn't.

I have 29 points[i know an a cruise newbie compared to most of you guys] but my question is at 30 points I go from GOLD to PLATINUM. My curious question is, does my status for PLATINUM member go up the minute I step on my next cruise, meaning on the ship or after the cruise is completed? I hope I explained that well enough to understand, sorry if I didn't.

Your status does not change until after the cruise because you do not receive those credits until afterwards.

Your status does not change until after the cruise because you do not receive those credits until afterwards.

Ah ha, I was curious thanks. That make sense and I thought that was the case. Thank you again.

What is the criterion for getting points? Accomodations, price of cruise ,length of cruise, etc. I'm sure there is some place on the RCCL site that explains this, but I'm either too inept or lazy (maybe both) to root it out. Help please.

What is the criterion for getting points? Accomodations, price of cruise ,length of cruise, etc. I'm sure there is some place on the RCCL site that explains this, but I'm either too inept or lazy (maybe both) to root it out. Help please.

Days sailed one for one. If you're in a grand suite or above you get double points or two for one day sailed.

Days sailed one for one. If you're in a grand suite or above you get double points or two for one day sailed.

Ah ha that is how I moved up so quick then. GREAT info thank you. I have only been on two RCCL cruises, both on "Explorer" but our first was 10 days to Canada/NE in a Grand suite. Greatest cruise ever, most relaxing, interesting and educational vacation I've ever been on. LOVED IT! The Grand suite was absolutely incredible, more than I could of asked for, the bathroom was worth the money on its own. Thanks for the info again, I learned something valuable today.:D

Junior Suites also get double points.

Ah ha again then I know why I moved up so quickly again. Our first cruise was a Grand suite, 10 days and our second was 5 days in a junior suite. We didn't see any advantages to a Junior suite but I guess this is the one. Room was the same as a regular balcony as far I could tell. Thanks again for the info.

Ah ha again then I know why I moved up so quickly again. Our first cruise was a Grand suite, 10 days and our second was 5 days in a junior suite. We didn't see any advantages to a Junior suite but I guess this is the one. Room was the same as a regular balcony as far I could tell. Thanks again for the info.

Actually Jr. suites are 1/2 again as big as a balcony room, I feel for you as we were 1 point short of emerald last cruise, no luck couldn't even buy a point

We asked this exact question to RCCL and was told our status would be updated while on the ship if we went to the C&A desk on day two. We would then get the "upgraded" coupon book as well. I guess you could take this with a grain of salt since we could all ask this question to a RCCL rep and probably get a different answer each time, as that seems to be the norm.

Actually Jr. suites are 1/2 again as big as a balcony room, I feel for you as we were 1 point short of emerald last cruise, no luck couldn't even buy a point

Within a particular ship, yes, but between two classes of ships, sometimes yes, sometimes no. For example, a D1 on Vision class is larger than a JS on Monarch or Majesty. A D1 on Freedom (200 sq ft is only about 50 sq ft smaller than a JS on Vision.)

We asked this exact question to RCCL and was told our status would be updated while on the ship if we went to the C&A desk on day two. We would then get the "upgraded" coupon book as well. I guess you could take this with a grain of salt since we could all ask this question to a RCCL rep and probably get a different answer each time, as that seems to be the norm.

Technically, you are correct. It used to be that the cruise needed to end before being upgraded to the next category. That is because it went by cruises, not the nightly point system that is presently in effect.

So, if you came aboard with 145 points, staying in a JS, then on day 3, you could go to the Loyalty Ambassador, and he/she would give you a sticker for your card that would show you as D+, and allow you into the Concierge Lounge for the rest of the cruise, as well as receive a D+ booklet.;)

So, the ship would recognise you as D+ but the rest of Royal Caribbean would not, until the end of your sailing, and then it takes a couple of weeks for your points to be added.

Rick

Does anyone have information if the December Diamond Celebration will be continued in December 2012?

Would you like to be the hero that will start this question? I have tried, from corporate on down, and am now starting to rethink my December bookings, in favor of another TA.

Royal Caribbean is a shill game........and the but head that runs it, thank God that he is bald, so that his head can fit..........well you know where, is going to give no information.

So we are starting to cancel our December cruises, just because of a lack of trust. He either needs to say that it's on........or it's off. Want to watch the number of cancellations..........if there is no Diamonds in December........ start a thread that there will be no Diamonds in December.....and watch how many cabins all of a sudden become available!!

Royal Caribbean........great cruise line..........the CEO...........a jerk!

Rick

We just completed an 8-night cruise in a JS. We got 22 points. Not sure how that happened. Any thoughts? We do have 6 cuises booked, does that mean anything or just coincidence?

We just completed an 8-night cruise in a JS. We got 22 points. Not sure how that happened. Any thoughts? We do have 6 cuises booked, does that mean anything or just coincidence?

You completed a cruise that was listed in the March 2012 C&A Promo as receiving 6 extra bonus points. Here is the link that will explain it March Promotion - Extra Cruise Points Question See Post #6 for a complete list of cruises.

So, if you came aboard with 145 points, staying in a JS, then on day 3, you could go to the Loyalty Ambassador, and he/she would give you a sticker for your card that would show you as D+, and allow you into the Concierge Lounge for the rest of the cruise, as well as receive a D+ booklet.

How is this possible? Don't you need 175 points to become D+?

So, if you came aboard with 145 points, staying in a JS, then on day 3, you could go to the Loyalty Ambassador, and he/she would give you a sticker for your card that would show you as D+, and allow you into the Concierge Lounge for the rest of the cruise, as well as receive a D+ booklet.;)

So, the ship would recognise you as D+ but the rest of Royal Caribbean would not, until the end of your sailing, and then it takes a couple of weeks for your points to be added.

Rick

So, if you came aboard with 145 points, staying in a JS, then on day 3, you could go to the Loyalty Ambassador, and he/she would give you a sticker for your card that would show you as D+, and allow you into the Concierge Lounge for the rest of the cruise, as well as receive a D+ booklet.

How is this possible? Don't you need 175 points to become D+?

Yes you do need 175 points. I can't figure out how, with 145 points, one could make D+ midway through a cruise. Even doing a 15 day cruise in a JS, you wouldn't make D+ until the end of the cruise.

I have no idea where Rick got his info from, but I've never heard of anyone being allowed into the CL mid-way through a cruise because they went from D to D+. :eek: You do not get credit for those nights until you have completed the cruise.

You completed a cruise that was listed in the March 2012 C&A Promo as receiving 6 extra bonus points. Here is the link that will explain it March Promotion - Extra Cruise Points Question See Post #6 for a complete list of cruises.

Thanks for reposting this. What a nice surprise to see that we will get 4 extra points for our upcoming Navigator cruise. :)

Archived