? for those who have stayed @ Pan Pacific Vancouver

thecook

We spent two days there! Incredible!

If you leave the hotel, turn to the left, go around the curve, then make a left on the first street. You will see a big sign over the street introducing you to Gastown. About a block down is a restaurant named Rogue. Amazing place! The drinks are scrumptious and the burger to die for!!!!!

Also in the same building is the entrance to the seabus. Buy a zone 2 ticket at the kiosk and jump on. I think the tickets are about 3 dollars. It will take you across the water to the entrance to Lonsdale Quay (pronounced Key) market. Very charming! There's a food stand in there called Screaming Mimis. They will cook you a fresh live dungie crab in about 10 minutes, all prepped so you need no tools to eat it. Lots of pretty cool shops in there too!

Patrick, one of the bartenders in the Pan Pacific recommended this to us. We wanted to stay out of the tourist flow.

We spent two days there! Incredible!

If you leave the hotel, turn to the left, go around the curve, then make a left on the first street. You will see a big sign over the street introducing you to Gastown. About a block down is a restaurant named Rogue. Amazing place! The drinks are scrumptious and the burger to die for!!!!!

Also in the same building is the entrance to the seabus. Buy a zone 2 ticket at the kiosk and jump on. I think the tickets are about 3 dollars. It will take you across the water to the entrance to Lonsdale Quay (pronounced Key) market. Very charming! There's a food stand in there called Screaming Mimis. They will cook you a fresh live dungie crab in about 10 minutes, all prepped so you need no tools to eat it. Lots of pretty cool shops in there too!

Patrick, one of the bartenders in the Pan Pacific recommended this to us. We wanted to stay out of the tourist flow.

Here's the link to the restaurant. The 9.2 oz Rogue burger is what we had. I now need to learn how to make sesame brioche buns ;-)

Or move to Vancouver.

http://www.roguewetbar.com/menu

If you book the cruise package you can have a free buffet breakfast. When you are ready to board just call the bell captain and they will pick up your luggage nod deliver it to the ship.

The hotel has an elevator that goes from the lobby down to the cruise terminal.

If you stay there post cruise there will be a bell man waiting by the elevator to take and tag your luggage for you.

We have stayed there twice and it would be our first choice should we cruise out of Vancouver again.

There is also easy walking to great shopping areas.

If you book the cruise package you can have a free buffet breakfast. When you are ready to board just call the bell captain and they will pick up your luggage nod deliver it to the ship.

The hotel has an elevator that goes from the lobby down to the cruise terminal.

If you stay there post cruise there will be a bell man waiting by the elevator to take and tag your luggage for you.

We have stayed there twice and it would be our first choice should we cruise out of Vancouver again.

There is also easy walking to great shopping areas.

We did not book the cruise package, but we still got the luggage service simply by calling for it. The luggage leaves your hotel room and the next time you see it is when it arrives in your cabin on the ship. That is a fantastic convenience. The bellman was funny. He asked to see our tickets and passports to make sure we hadn't packed them. He said they've had people get to check-in, and discovere that they didn't have their travel docs in hand.

To answer another question, HAL did not "give" us the room, even though we were in a SB suite.

As the OP said, you can get the same service but book the room yourself. Chances are you will pay about 40 percent less that what HAL charges.

We like the Pan Pacific very much. And we like the Westin Bayshore-on the water beside Stanley Park but not as close to the Canada Place cruise terminal as the Pan.

Pan Pacific gave us one of our best memories of the trip and we had not even boarded the ship - breakfast in their glass walled cafe looking out directly to the upper decks of the waiting Zuiderdam. We loved Boneta restaurant in GasTown the night before: http://boneta.ca/

We stayed in the Fairmont after trying to decide between it and the Pan Pacific - I would pick the Pan Pacific instead the next time. Fairmont was lovely and we paid extra for the harbor view because we wanted to see the Zuiderdam come in early in the morning. However, the Fairmont view is on the "wrong side" of the harbor and we got to see the Coral Princess come in instead. Still stunning and still a very nice hotel choice for convenience from airport to ship, but the Pan Pacific will get you Zuiderdam views ...unless they change which side of Canada Place the HAL ships come in on.

Oh, the Pan Pacific Hotel! My dd and I stayed there prior to our Alaska cruise/tour about six years ago and just loved it. As mentioned here, there is a great bar overlooking the outside terrace with the 'sails' and the location is fabulous, walking to the seaside shops, checking the marina with the colorful houseboats with windowboxes full of flowers, going to the wonderful park with the assortment of totems, I believe Stanley Park. Great memories of a marvelous trip for mother and daughter to share for their lifetimes! And yes, HAL gave us two free nights there at the time - in an SA suite. How great was that to share.

Thanks for all of the help and suggestions..I have added the resturants and Ferry info to my notes for our days in Vancouver! I followed your suggestion,

3rdGenCunarder, and signed up for the loyalty program. The Pan Pacific does indeed offer free WiFi as a perk:). This is my first time to stay at the Pan Pacific...last trip DH and I stayed at the Fairmont, which we enjoyed. I'm looking forward to Vancouver and to the Pan Pacific. Thanks again .

Another option if you're looking for a cool hotel near the pier is the Fairmont Pacific Rim (this is NOT the fairmont next to the Pan Pacific). It's the newest hotel in the area and is hip and modern. Guest rooms are amazing.

This is right across the street from the convention center/pier...so still very convenient.

A word of caution at the Pan Pacific: not all of the rooms have views of where HAL's ships dock. Some have views of where the Princess, Celebrity, and Royal Caribbean ships dock. If the view matters, be specific and ask for a room that has a view of the new Convention Center. That ought to assure you of being able to view a HAL ship arriving/leaving.

Archived