Crediting Carnival time toward Mariner status

ScubaPirate

I have read in a few threads that some have had luck getting their cruise time on a Carnival ship to count toward their "day count" for Mariner star status. Is there a way to do this? I wouldn't mind if it could count in the HAL column only, as we never plan to cruise on Carnival again! Does this also work for the other lines owned by Carnival Corp? Thanks!

I don't know where you read this -- but it is incorrect information. Your days on Carnival will not count towards HAL days. Believe me -- I wish they would count all our Cunard and Princess days -- we would be very close to 1100 days on HAL.

Now -- your cruising on Carnival will get you an invite to the Mariner's Brunch (near the end of the cruise). And you can eat in the dining room on Embarkation day.

I have read in a few threads that some have had luck getting their cruise time on a Carnival ship to count toward their "day count" for Mariner star status. Is there a way to do this? I wouldn't mind if it could count in the HAL column only, as we never plan to cruise on Carnival again! Does this also work for the other lines owned by Carnival Corp? Thanks!

I haven't taken my first HAL cruise yet, but I've sailed on Princess and Carnival. My past-guest status with a Carnival Corp. brand earned me a Mariner number and a single star when I booked, but I'll be starting from square one earning HAL points.

Thanks. Since we sailed with HAL several years ago, we already had a Mariner number from that. I guess if it sounds too good to be true....

Check with HAL. If you sailed with HAL before your Mariner account should show those days (but not your Carnival days). Set up a log-in for the HAL website and check your Mariner status. Our first two cruises with HAL were many years before our more recent cruises, and all five show up on our Mariner accounts.

I don't know where you read this -- but it is incorrect information. Your days on Carnival will not count towards HAL days. Believe me -- I wish they would count all our Cunard and Princess days -- we would be very close to 1100 days on HAL.

Now -- your cruising on Carnival will get you an invite to the Mariner's Brunch (near the end of the cruise). And you can eat in the dining room on Embarkation day.

My sister and BIL are going us on the Westerdam to Alaska and I was looking forward to having lunch in the dining until I realized that they haven't sailed HAL before but only Carnival. How do they get into the dining room?

My sister and BIL are going us on the Westerdam to Alaska and I was looking forward to having lunch in the dining until I realized that they haven't sailed HAL before but only Carnival. How do they get into the dining room?

Because they have sailed on Carnival, they will get a Hal number and probably one star, which will allow them to go to lunch on embarkation. They just need to check on Hal's web site.

We have one Mariner star and will be sailing on the Noordam next month. Does that qualify us for the embarkation brunch? If so, do we need an invite?

Yes, you qualify for having lunch on embarkation. There is no invitation, just go to the MDR when you come on board.

I was told that our Carnival time would not allow us to eat in the MDR on embarkation day or any other Mariner function.. This was told to me by a HAL rep on the phone. Not saying your wrong.. I hope your 100% spot on and the HAL rep is dead wrong!! Time will tell.

I was told that our Carnival time would not allow us to eat in the MDR on embarkation day or any other Mariner function.. This was told to me by a HAL rep on the phone. Not saying your wrong.. I hope your 100% spot on and the HAL rep is dead wrong!! Time will tell.

Unfortunately the HAL reps in Seattle are not 100% realiable. :rolleyes:

If they have cross referenced your Carnival cruise, you are now a 1* mariner (check your log in page). And, it will show on your key card:)

The minute you book a cruise on HAL -- you are assigned a number and you become a 1 star Mariner.

I can assure you that you should get invited to the Mariner Brunch. We had a person seated at our table who was on her first cruise with HAL -- she had only sailed on Carnival before.

When you get on the ship -- go to the front desk (or the concierges in the Neptune Lounge if you are in a Deluxe Verandah Suite) and ask when the Mariner Brunch is and if you are on the list.

As Kazu said -- your ID card will have a 1 star on it. Show this ID card to the person and let them know you are a Mariner.

The minute you book a cruise on HAL -- you are assigned a number and you become a 1 star Mariner.

I can assure you that you should get invited to the Mariner Brunch. We had a person seated at our table who was on her first cruise with HAL -- she had only sailed on Carnival before.

When you get on the ship -- go to the front desk (or the concierges in the Neptune Lounge if you are in a Deluxe Verandah Suite) and ask when the Mariner Brunch is and if you are on the list.

As Kazu said -- your ID card will have a 1 star on it. Show this ID card to the person and let them know you are a Mariner.

My Mariner status shows on my reservation when I log-in on the HAL website. That seems to be the easiest way for a person to check that their status is correct before their cruise.

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times before. My father and I are sailing on HAL for the first time. We've both sailed on Cunard, he's also sailed on Princess and I've sailed on Carnival. I understand that the number of days don't count, but does merely sailing on those lines get us Mariner status? And, if so, what does that mean?

Thanks a lot.

Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times before. My father and I are sailing on HAL for the first time. We've both sailed on Cunard, he's also sailed on Princess and I've sailed on Carnival. I understand that the number of days don't count, but does merely sailing on those lines get us Mariner status? And, if so, what does that mean?

Thanks a lot.

You will be a HAL Mariner.... member of their repeater society.

You will be able to go to Embarkation Lunch, if they are doing one on your ship the day you board. It is not always a given there will be a Lunch as they sometimes are using the Main Dining Room for Charitable Event or the like.

You will be invited to Mariner Brunch which is held on a sea day during your cruise.

Days sailed on any other cruise line other than HAL will not be credited to your Mariner Account. Same holds for the other Carnival Family of Ships cruise lines, ie days sailed on HAL will not be credited for Princess repeater organization. (I forget what they call it now.)

On one of our cruises, when we were two star Mariners, we were told there were so many Mariners on board that the Embarkation Day lunch that cruise was for 3 and 4 Star Mariners only.

So I guess it depends on how many Mariners are on board.

On one of our cruises, when we were two star Mariners, we were told there were so many Mariners on board that the Embarkation Day lunch that cruise was for 3 and 4 Star Mariners only.

Yes, I've read that here where people were told it was only 3 and 4 Star Mariners that day.

Wouldn't HAL be aware well ahead of the cruise just how many Mariners will be on board? They should be able to plan Meals etc from that, no?

Are the Embarkation Day lunches and Mariner lunches held in the MDR which seats approx 1/2 the ship?

Yes, I've read that here where people were told it was only 3 and 4 Star Mariners that day.

And there are times that HAL is hosting an industry group in the MDR embarkation day ... and there is no Mariner Brunch. That was our experience on the Maasdam in 2009. I phoned the Mariner Society on our return, and was told that it is up to each ship how to handle the affair.

And there are times that HAL is hosting an industry group in the MDR embarkation day ... and there is no Mariner Brunch. That was our experience on the Maasdam in 2009. I phoned the Mariner Society on our return, and was told that it is up to each ship how to handle the affair.

Yes, I have heard of TA familiarity tours/lunches when the ship is turning around. I'm thinking 2009 was when they were just starting with the Embarkation Day Lunches and there were a few glitches that occured....... and from time to time, we still hear of a glitch or two but far fewer. IMO

Since this new program started -- there have been several times when the dining room was not open for the Mariners because of the hosting TA's, etc.

Wouldn't HAL be aware well ahead of the cruise just how many Mariners will be on board? They should be able to plan Meals etc from that, no?

Are the Embarkation Day lunches and Mariner lunches held in the MDR which seats approx 1/2 the ship?

When there is a Mariner lunch on Embarkation day -- it is only held on the lower level of the dining room. Thus -- 1/2 the ship can not eat there.

Some ships have it from Noon until 1 PM while other ships have it from Noon until 1:30.

No consistancy in rules fleet wide.

Archived