Future Cruises

WEELYNCRUZER

It might be useful to know if that person is going to be a cruise that you are also planning on taking. Personally, I'm not a fan of any of these things, but, I don't have a problem with those who enjoy them.

"Ditto to that" ;)

It adds validity when they answer questions about a specific ship or destination.

I disagree totally.

A person's cruise history can come out in their responses, if necessary.

I evaluate a post on the basis of its merits and not on the basis of someone's history.

Many of us are here counting down to an upcoming cruise. i think it's personal and lets you go to a place to talk about the upcoming vacation and see how long you have.

Right now I don't have a clock going, i could do the math, but it would be nice to see just how many more days i have at the touch of the button.

It is cheaper to go your own to Denali Explorer Tour, ( which includes 2 nights of Denali Lodge, Natural History Tour into the park, 1 night Fairbanks) for 2. Or go with Princess Cruise Denali Explorer Tour WA3.

I understand why people list their past cruises.It adds validity when they answer questions about a specific ship or destination. What value does future cruises or upcoming cruises add?

Never do this BUT don't mind that others do. :)

A positive of listing upcoming cruises is others reading who may be on the same one will respond.

I understand why people list their past cruises.It adds validity when they answer questions about a specific ship or destination. What value does future cruises or upcoming cruises add?

No great value in listing past cruises, no problem with it either.

But upcoming cruises come in handy if a poster fails to give sufficient info when asking "does the ship offer a free shuttle-bus from the pier to Tallinn city centre?" or "is the pier in Southampton walkable from the Holiday Inn?" or "is formal dress required in the MDR on formal nights?"

To answer those questions correctly, one needs to know the OP's ship/cruise line.

For RCI the answers are no, yes, no.

For P&O the answers are yes, no, yes.

JB :)

To me it's just because it's fun. One of the things I love about Cruise Critic is I get to sit in my chair and bounce up and down and talk about cruises.

Posting my past cruises has nothing to do with credibility for me, it's about bouncing up and down in my chair and saying "and then I did this and then I did that"

Posting my future cruises is a way for me to excitedly say "And in November I'm going on a cruise" to people who I know will understand YIPPEEE I have a cruise planned.

There is no way I am going to try and list all our cruises. We stopped counting after 110 a couple of years ago when we had major damage done to our house and we lost a lot of scrapebooks, etc.

As for future cruise listing -- I use to list an upcoming cruise -- just don't do it any more.

I don't mind seeing past or future cruises listed. What bugs me is the giant graphic count-down clocks. Only because the pages take way too long to download when reading them on a smart phone.

I agree with that. I would prefer Cruise Critic gave a fixed space for signatures, say one inch high and the with of the screen. If you want to list a lot, use a tiiny font. As it is, I just page by them.

If you look at my sig, you will see we are about to go on the Oasis, and I have put a link to our roll call for anyone else that is going and would like to join our roll call.

I also note that we sailed on the EOS last year, and I have a link to my review of that cruise for anyone that is interested. Sometimes a poster will ask about the Solarium, Jr. Suites or Owners suites, etc, and I can just tell them that I have a number of pictures that can be found in my review.

That answers my question. I have been on a lot of cruises and when We book another one I like to go back to cruise critic to find out if they have changed or added anything. I must say that we will be on the Freedom again very soon and I'm dissapointed that they did not add the Park Cafe. They have in my opinion the best roast beef. I know many people that think they will never be able to afford a cruise and here we are cruising 2 or3 times a year. ITt is the best bang for the buck.It never gets old and having to wait 3 or 4 months for the next one gives us something to look forward too. The first few were definitly more exciting but the ships were terrible but we had nothing to compare it to. I am a full time w/c user and cruising is the best way to travel if your on the right line. RCCL is definitly the right line. Enjoy your cruises.

Archived