Just turned Emerald: when do they change my status

Just got off the NOS a week ago. Turned emerals mid cruise. Do they automatically change your status on the website? Do they mail you something? What is the process? Thanks in advance for any info.

It usuallytakes about two weeks. They don't send you anything, it just shows up on your mycruises account.

Thanks: A bit disappointed as when I turned Platinum I got luggage tags, a pin and a platinum membership card. They really have gotten cheap. lol

Nice. We got none of that. But I really don't care. :) Not going to wear the pin, and luggage tags are a thing of the past nowdays.

You will receive your Emerald pin on your next cruise.

We never got an emeral pin. We will turn Diamond on the next cruise. When we do should we get a pin for that and how do we do it?

We never got an emeral pin. We will turn Diamond on the next cruise. When we do should we get a pin for that and how do we do it?

You will get your Diamond pin on the cruise AFTER the cruise on which you turned Diamond. It will be in your stateroom when you board. Emerald is a newly created level. It's possible you just jumped over it!

You will receive your Emerald pin on your next cruise.

Thanks: A bit disappointed as when I turned Platinum I got luggage tags, a pin and a platinum membership card. They really have gotten cheap. lol

Turned Diamond in December - never got anything for Plat, Emerald or Diamond

Turned Diamond in December - never got anything for Plat, Emerald or Diamond

Emerald is a newly created level. You were probably already past the entry cruise points level for that level so you wouldn't have received the pin. I can't explain why you didn't receive the platinum pin, but they used to mail them. They have gotten a lot more organized recently. Have you cruised since the cruise on which you turned Diamond (last December)? You should receive your Diamond pin on your next cruise. Enjoy your Diamond benefits!

Emerald is a newly created level. You were probably already past the entry cruise points level for that level so you wouldn't have received the pin. I can't explain why you didn't receive the platinum pin, but they used to mail them. They have gotten a lot more organized recently. Have you cruised since the cruise on which you turned Diamond (last December)? You should receive your Diamond pin on your next cruise. Enjoy your Diamond benefits!

We will see if we receive a Diamond pin next cruise. Don't believe that was the case with Emerald - but can't be sure. Thanks.

Just got off the NOS a week ago. Turned emerals mid cruise. Do they automatically change your status on the website? Do they mail you something? What is the process? Thanks in advance for any info.

Welcome to your Emerald status!

I never got anything when I turned platinum. I'll be emerald for my cruise in three weeks so I'll see if I get a pin for that.

• 6 years later...

We've just made Emerald. But didn't felt like our Platinum status was as good as our Carnival's Platinum, where we truly enjoyed Priority embarkation & depart, & free laundry (so only need to pack half as much). Looking at RCL's Emerald status, doesn't look like much of an upgrade. Seems like everyone's who a past cruiser has priority embark, so will it save much embark time...?

Thanks,

We've just made Emerald. But didn't felt like our Platinum status was as good as our Carnival's Platinum, where we truly enjoyed Priority embarkation & depart, & free laundry (so only need to pack half as much). Looking at RCL's Emerald status, doesn't look like much of an upgrade. Seems like everyone's who a past cruiser has priority embark, so will it save much embark time...?

Thanks,

Carnival Platinum name status/points and benefits is similar to Royal's Diamond

Thanks,

Since this thread has been dredged up from six years ago...I am guessing the OP is now Pinnacle. ;)