who has chartered out Silhouette?

cruise kitty

Just curious, the silhouette has 5 days missing from her schedule prior to our next cruise, Nov. 13 -to 18th appears to be chartered out... anyone know what group has it chartered... I'm just asking because I figure many of the charter group would b2b on our cruise, so just wondering, esp. after reading about last year's American Girls group.

Thanks for any info, tried googling it with no results.

It's also chartered (I think, since it's completely sold out) On the 12/16/12 sailing. Any ideas on who is taking over "our" ship before we board?

It is chartered from Dec. 1 to 16 by Aquafest cruises which is apparently a gay group.

Are we talking about 2012? We have been booked for almost a year. ~Ric

Yes it is 2012. I tried to put a link but it won't allow me to. The previous poster is probably right, they are on board, not a charter of the whole ship...They do advertise special events, etc...I did a search and can only find the Dec. 1 to 16, not the 16th. Also, there does not appear to be a roll call for Dec. 16th which is very common for Charters...

That CC article about how a ship can charter out and can bump all the passengers off! Legally! I guess it hardly ever happens, but that is so not cool.

Well RCCL just did it to us for our 4-6-2013 sailing on the Brilliance. Charted it as a Clothing Optional Cruise.

That CC article about how a ship can charter out and can bump all the passengers off! Legally! I guess it hardly ever happens, but that is so not cool.

It happens a lot more often than you think. I've been bumped off two cruises, one because Oprah chartered the entire ship. Another time, the ship was chartered by a nudist company. I know Rosie has does this at least twice for her gay/lesbian family cruises on NCL.

Celebrity did this to me in 1997. Most of the other people on the ship were with a Mahjong tournament. That's why I switched to Princess. The lure of the PH on the Constellation was finally too much for me and I decided to give X another shot in 2014.

Just curious, the silhouette has 5 days missing from her schedule prior to our next cruise, Nov. 13 -to 18th appears to be chartered out... anyone know what group has it chartered... I'm just asking because I figure many of the charter group would b2b on our cruise, so just wondering, esp. after reading about last year's American Girls group.

Thanks for any info, tried googling it with no results.

OK now I am confused! I am on the Silouette from Nov 3 to Nov 17th - Holy Land itinerary. I've been worried the itinerary would change but no one said it is a charter??? Just to re-confirm- do you mean Nov 2012?

:confused:

OK now I am confused! I am on the Silouette from Nov 3 to Nov 17th - Holy Land itinerary. I've been worried the itinerary would change but no one said it is a charter??? Just to re-confirm- do you mean Nov 2012?

:confused:

Hi, the cruise that I am referring to is Nov. 2013, sorry to get you worried!

Thanks cruise kitty!!! No problem~ I'm a bit nervous period.... the unrest in the area for this itinerary 2012(Egypt, Israel) is a day to day news flash and I'm expecting they will change ports of call....so a charter instead was a real solution! LOL

(for Celebrity!)

Hope your trip is wonderful!

how much does it cost to charter it?

I am thinking of my birthday next year and it would be great to hire the ship for private use for a week with lots of friends and family on boad.

An organization I belong to was considering chartering a smaller, 2,000 passenger ship from another cruise line for a 7 day cruise along the West Coast from Vancouver to San Diego in summer 2013. The price quoted was just under $2,000,000. It was abandoned due to lack of interest from the members.

I am thinking of my birthday next year and it would be great to hire the ship for private use for a week with lots of friends and family on boad.

When Oprah chartered the ship I was on, it was $2 million US dollars. That was 15 years ago. For a large ship, I would guess at least $7 million or more for a week.

Well RCCL just did it to us for our 4-6-2013 sailing on the Brilliance. Charted it as a Clothing Optional Cruise.

I suppose it was a meditteranean or carribean cruise and not an alaskan or antartic cruise. I wonder what would they wear on formal night?:D

Yes it is 2012. I tried to put a link but it won't allow me to. The previous poster is probably right, they are on board, not a charter of the whole ship...They do advertise special events, etc...I did a search and can only find the Dec. 1 to 16, not the 16th. Also, there does not appear to be a roll call for Dec. 16th which is very common for Charters...

There WAS a Roll Call for that sailing, I was on it. We were told that The Silly was chartered Dec 16 so we got bumped to the Reflection on Dec 15. I have been asking on here for months who chartered our ship, and no one knows. Celebrity wouldn't give up the info either. Kind of irritating. Not that there's anything I can do about it.

Start with the $1.3m fuel bill for the cruise...

If you need to "RENT-A-FRIEND" we'll be free ;) we wont charge too much

Start with the $1.3m fuel bill for the cruise...

If you need to "RENT-A-FRIEND" we'll be free ;) we wont charge too much

I am confused, are you free or cheap to rent as a 'rent-a-friend'. Either way, we are fairly cheap to hire as well (except our airfares & expenses are incusive).:D

How can one find out if there is a large group on a cruise? Cheers!

There is really no foolproof way to find out. I usually just try and google the ship and date but as I said, doesn't always work out as in this case. There is a web site out there that does have lists but it depends on someone else putting the info in.

Archived