Elite Happy Hour shuts down Michael's?

flyingv4me

So the way I understand it, the usual venue and time for the evening Elite happy hour is Michael's Club from 5-7. Does this essentially shut down the only bar serving decent beers every evening during prime time? I also hear that the bar doesn't even open until 5 pm. If this is the case, Michael's isn't available to the general cruiser until 7 pm!

I'm not Elite, in fact this will be my first cruise (Millie, Oct 22 to Hawaii). I purchased the premium beverage package anticipating enjoying a variety of tasty malt beverages in Michael's throughout the day. Assuming the the Elite HH is in Michael's and they don't open until 5 pm, is it possible to purchase the "good" beers from the other bars or am I simply out of luck? :(

Thanks!

True! Of course, if the bar doesn't open until 5 pm what is a beer lover to do until then? Can you get beers available in Michael's at the other bars? Main dining room? Specialty restaurants? Inquiring beer lovers want to know! :D

If they are specialty beers only available in Michael's Club, they don't have those in other places. It's only a couple of hours, you can go at any other time it's open and get the beer.

In the larger bars non elites were allowed in, but sat at other tables and the servers knew to charge them, the Bar Manager on duty also was watching all the time to make sure the non elites were charged

If they are specialty beers only available in Michael's Club, they don't have those in other places. It's only a couple of hours, you can go at any other time it's open and get the beer.

Thank you for your response.

So I can't get these beers delivered to the MDR or other locations? I know you can get wine available in one location delivered elsewhere. This can't be done for the beers? Okay.

It just seems weird that one can only enjoy quality beers after 7 pm each evening, while every other spirit is available throughout the day.

As info, we were on Century in April, and although the Elite Happy Hour wasn't held in Michael's Club, it still didn't open until 7:00pm. Maybe the hours vary by ship, but the Elite's can't be blamed for the late opening on Century!!

Just check the daily bulletins from our last two cruises.

Equinox, March 2012 - Elite Social Hour was in the Sky Lounge deck 14. Micheal's club opened at 6:30PM every evening.

Constellation, March 2011 - Elite Social Hour was in Reflections lounge on deck 12 forward. Micheal's club opened at 6:PM every evening - but it was pretty much overtaken by the Perry Grant crowd. Not sure what time his entertainment was as we never attended.

I don't know if either of these cruises had the craft beer selection in Micheal's as we never went there in the evening.

We also sailed on Century, this year. And believe me, the Horizons Lounge was barely big enough to hold all the Elites! We joked with the Captain's Club Hostess that they might have to move to the Theater, if they got many more people! ;) It will be interesting to see where the Elite cocktail hour is held on Millie, for our upcoming wine cruise. :cool:

My husband agrees with you. When we were on Silhouette he found it annoying that he could not get these beers during the rest of the day, only in the evening. And since he prefers to drink wine in the evening, we didn't spend much time in Michaels.

I think on sea days at least it should be open all day.

Seems like they are setting it up to fail. Not a good situation. Oh, well. I'll still ask for a decent beer in the MDR and see what happens. Maybe if enough people ask for this venue to be open they'll see the light.

Thank you for your response.

So I can't get these beers delivered to the MDR or other locations? I know you can get wine available in one location delivered elsewhere. This can't be done for the beers? Okay.

It just seems weird that one can only enjoy quality beers after 7 pm each evening, while every other spirit is available throughout the day.

When we were on the Summit two weeks ago, DH was able to have specialty beers (from Michael's) delivered to the MD for our dinner. He just had to tell the waiter (who was taking bar drink orders) what specific imported beer he wanted.

When we were on the Summit two weeks ago, DH was able to have specialty beers (from Michael's) delivered to the MD for our dinner. He just had to tell the waiter (who was taking bar drink orders) what specific imported beer he wanted.

That is great news for DH (I prefer wine with dinner). I expect he will be able to get the same service in Blu. Will have to print a copy of Michaels menu and bring it with us.

Great news! I will also be printing out a copy of their beer selection and taking it to the MDR. Thanks for giving me hope! :)

:cool: Susie V has it right. Order your specialty beers in the MDR for the steward. Michael's on the Silhouette is a huge bust. Forget about eating there. Even when major sporting events were on people stayed away. The bar outside with the Jazz does 10X the business. Since Michael's went smoke free they chased away their few remaining patrons.

Campaign to have Michael's open during day for beer aficionados. Also make it a venue for bar activities such as shove happeny, bar skittles, dominoes etc for those of us who like a break from the outside bars and crowds.

Technically Michaels is not shut down for the Elite Happy hour because it was never scheduled to be open during those hours. It is scheduled for the Happy Hour. There are many bars that are not open all of the time. They are open according to the manpower avaialble and demand.

Campaign to have Michael's open during day for beer aficionados. Also make it a venue for bar activities such as shove happeny, bar skittles, dominoes etc for those of us who like a break from the outside bars and crowds.

Great idea!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived