Bringing Wine on board

Umm, yes - yogimax, Perhaps it's the subject matter? Or just your disdain for things discussed so many times? *shrug*

Hope you're all right. :)

It might be a reason for being in a bad mood but not a reason to treat others badly.

Instead of concerning yourself with smuggling which is no way was implied by my post, you might want to work on your manners which are in desperate need of attention. Because if anything takes the cake here, it's your rudeness.

Sorry if I have offended you CP.

I'm just so tired of reading all the excuses folks make to justify their smuggling that when I read the bit about the motion of the ship, it made me respond.

I have taken the time to read your post again and see you were not using this as an excuse to smuggle but rather an argument to legally allow wine to be brought onboard.

My apologies to you.

Why should a person spend big bucks and not be allowed to bring aboard wine when the same money can be spent on another line which allows you to do so? It's not always a matter of money. A Travel Channel program on cruising pointed out how the ship's movement affects the wine and so if a wine has been stored on board for a while it may have been ruined.

I agree. Some of us enjoy wines which are not offered onboard. We love cruising on RCL due to their unique itineraries and will continue to cruise with them, but would like the opportunity to bring our own wine onboard to enjoy in our room or on our balcony. :cool:

I agree. Some of us enjoy wines which are not offered onboard. We love cruising on RCL due to their unique itineraries and will continue to cruise with them, but would like the opportunity to bring our own wine onboard to enjoy in our room or on our balcony. :cool:

Unique itineraries :confused: :confused: OK, if you say so.

Ray in NH

Wine is very hard to "Sneak on". The glass bottle will get you every time. I doubt anyone would put their fine wine in a mouthwash bottle or those other booze smuggling containers.

m

I actually read a post on another thread that someone did put a fine wine in a rum runner.....

On my husbands 50th bday cruise, which happened to be a Princess cruise, I had personalized bottles of wine made. They were so special, and my husband loved it! (Luckily for me, wine was allowed to be brought on.) The labels were personalized, so no way could I have purchased that on the cruise ;). So, our next cruise, which is on the FOS, I had planned on bringing a bottle of wine from that cruise, which I have saved for 10 years, to take on his 60th bday. I am sad that I will not be able to take this bottle of wine with us. Has nothing to do with not wanting to spend money, wine on the balcony, smuggling etc etc. I would just love to surprise him with a bottle of wine from his bday cruise 10 years ago, on this cruise. And it is a bummer that I can't. MHO.

I actually read a post on another thread that someone did put a fine wine in a rum runner.....
Now that is funny!! Hmm, should I try that with my husbands 10 year old bottle of wine? Just try to scrape the label off and apply it to the RR?? LOL.....

To those suggesting you smuggle it on.....how the heck do you smuggle a bottle of wine? Put it in your pants?

Smuggling anything isn't worth it in my view. The anxiety of going through the scanner and threat of going to some naughty room.....either go without or shell out the $$$, in my mind.

Sorry if I have offended you CP.

I'm just so tired of reading all the excuses folks make to justify their smuggling that when I read the bit about the motion of the ship, it made me respond.

I have taken the time to read your post again and see you were not using this as an excuse to smuggle but rather an argument to legally allow wine to be brought onboard.

My apologies to you.

Apology accepted and I admire the fact that you did so. However, and not to berate, but if this is a topic that you are tired of then simply not put yourself through the angst by reading the post. Yes, some of these topics have been done to death but this is not a frozen board. New people come on all the time and it may be a new topic to them or maybe an old topic they are making new contritbutions to. Bottom line is this isn't worth getting upset over. You have the evening news for that.

By the way, I don't smuggle because I'm Diamond+. There's a bottle of wine waiting for me in my cabin and I board and every evening I have the Concierge Lounge. And then there are the welcom back parties. So I'm coverd very nicely by RCCL in the alcohol dept.;)

Wait' date=' you can't bring wine on RC cruise ship. This is the "first" I am "ever" hearing about this on Cruise Critic. Is this a new policy??? :D[/quote']

:cool:Did you just wake up? Only for about the past 15 years:cool:JACK IS $AILING AGAIN

By the way, I don't smuggle because I'm Diamond+. There's a bottle of wine waiting for me in my cabin and I board and every evening I have the Concierge Lounge. And then there are the welcom back parties. So I'm coverd very nicely by RCCL in the alcohol dept.;)

Yes, we are D+ as well. I always look forward to our bottle of red zinfindel and the cocktail hour. Absolutely no need to smuggle. Maybe those who do should focus more of their time on gaining status and less on cleaning out listerine bottles!

Yes, we are D+ as well. I always look forward to our bottle of red zinfindel and the cocktail hour. Absolutely no need to smuggle. Maybe those who do should focus more of their time on gaining status and less on cleaning out listerine bottles!

:cool:FOR THE RECORD--I have been known to smuggle. REASON--I like to have a drink in my cabin, when I want to. I do order wine for cabin, and always order wine package for dinner (one per evening). BUT--unlike one past cruise on Celebrity, and my upcoming cruise on X, RCCL does not give me the option of having rum, vodka, baileys, etc in my cabin. I could go to a bar, but it may be watered down, or not what I want to do at the time. I have late seating, so when cruising with friends, I order goodies from room service and have happy hour in our cabin. Last cruise I had GS for the first time and enjoyed concierge lounge for the first time. I am diamond working my way up. Since I smuggle, there are always those who critisize me, but I do wear a tux for formal night LOL:cool:JACK I$ $AILING AGAIN

Wow, a little snobby, and this is in regard to what question the OP asked? :rolleyes:

:cool:Did you just wake up? Only for about the past 15 years:cool:JACK IS $AILING AGAIN

Errr... notice the "quotation marks" and the huge smiley face? This member was teasing. ;)

...Maybe those who do should focus more of their time on gaining status and less on cleaning out listerine bottles!

Oh dear. :( Well yogimax, it looks like it's time for me to hit "ignore". I'm afraid your presence in this thread with such comments has really just been insulting and rude.

Errr... notice the "quotation marks" and the huge smiley face? This member was teasing. ;)

Oh dear. :( Well yogimax, it looks like it's time for me to hit "ignore". I'm afraid your presence in this thread with such comments has really just been insulting and rude.

:cool::cool: I was teasing Rip also. 2001 was the last time I remember bringing aboard wine. Bottle from every Med port.:cool:

I have a pair of "bottle armor" bottle wraps for traveling. I got them for our RV and did use them on an X cruise where wine is permitted.

I was wondering if wine was put into a bottle armor case and packed in a suitcase, do the scanners detect it?

The bottle armor is sold by magellans.com

I got wine onboard from a port with no issues. Is that not common? It was in my day bag and wasn't hidden (it was a nice Italian wine to enjoy when I got home so didn't drink it onboard).

I know some people a few doors up from me did the same with a couple of bottles because I overheard them talking about buying the wine they were carrying while in port.

:cool:FOR THE RECORD--I have been known to smuggle. REASON--I like to have a drink in my cabin, when I want to. I do order wine for cabin, and always order wine package for dinner (one per evening). BUT--unlike one past cruise on Celebrity, and my upcoming cruise on X, RCCL does not give me the option of having rum, vodka, baileys, etc in my cabin. I could go to a bar, but it may be watered down, or not what I want to do at the time. I have late seating, so when cruising with friends, I order goodies from room service and have happy hour in our cabin. Last cruise I had GS for the first time and enjoyed concierge lounge for the first time. I am diamond working my way up. Since I smuggle, there are always those who critisize me, but I do wear a tux for formal night LOL:cool:JACK I$ $AILING AGAIN

Way to go Jack!! A smuggler in a tux beats a non smuggler in ragged shorts anyday IMO!!

I got wine onboard from a port with no issues. Is that not common? It was in my day bag and wasn't hidden (it was a nice Italian wine to enjoy when I got home so didn't drink it onboard).

I know some people a few doors up from me did the same with a couple of bottles because I overheard them talking about buying the wine they were carrying while in port.

Was this on RCCL?

Thanks. M

When we sailed on Oasis in 2011, we took one bottle & had no problem. I didn't hide it, I carried it on in my beach bag like I always do on any of the cruise lines. No one stopped us & it went thru the scanners. We too always buy wine & drinks outside of our cabin but I like my "white Zin" & they usually don't have the one I like! :mad: I will take one on our nx cruise & if they take it, so be it! :D

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have any experience getting the tetra pac of wine aboard.(It is like a BIG juice box, expect filled with wine :)). I flew out of Toronto last Feb, and bought 3 tetra pacs of wine at the duty free shop in the airport. I took it with me on my last cruise (it was with HAL.) We are flying out of Toronto again on our next cruise (out of San Juan) on RCL, and wondered if it was worth my while to buy them again. If people don't think that I will be successful, I would rather just save my money, and buy a wine package. I like to have a drink in my cabin, and my DH doesn't drink.

kind of weird that someone will spend lots of $$$$$$ to cruise but won't pick a cruiseline because they cannot bring a $25 bottle of wine with them.

As other have said, while it may be a financial decision for some, some of us are just fond pf particular wines which you cannot buy on board. And/or some of us like to buy the local wines in port (Sherry in Cadiz, etc) to enjoy that evening.

It is not a big enough deal to keep us from sailing RCI--they have great prices and go a lot of places we want to go and they keep our teens happy, but once it is just my husband and myself we will sail Celebrity more and more often (we like bringing a coupe of our own bottles and we like the smoking policies, etc).

I have not seen it mentioned yet, but, surprisingly, Disney also lets you bring as much of your own wine (or other alcohol) as you want (we often bring a bottle for every evening when we sail them).

Sneak it on, everyone does it...

If I want to do something THAT badly, I would sail a line which allowed me to do it. Not everyone thinks they are above the rules.

Archived