Perks worth paying for

Bridge Maven

There are specific bridge cruises. It used to be that every cruise had a bridge director. On many cruises, there weren't enough players to organize a game. As a result, the directors are not regularly on the ship. Although I like playing bridge, I also enjoy just relaxing and participating in activities that are on the ship. I enjoy doing the things that I cannot do at home. I can play bridge at home. I would not pay extra for a bridge director. I would pay extra for a reserved deck chair. Years ago, on many ships, you had an assigned deck chair. You selected the location, your name was posted on the chair, and it was yours for the entire cruise.

There are specific bridge cruises. It used to be that every cruise had a bridge director. On many cruises, there weren't enough players to organize a game. As a result, the directors are not regularly on the ship. Although I like playing bridge, I also enjoy just relaxing and participating in activities that are on the ship. I enjoy doing the things that I cannot do at home. I can play bridge at home. I would not pay extra for a bridge director. I would pay extra for a reserved deck chair. Years ago, on many ships, you had an assigned deck chair. You selected the location, your name was posted on the chair, and it was yours for the entire cruise.

Redtravel - On my first cruise, during the seventies, we reserved lounge chairs and it was great to know that they were ours for the entire cruise whenever we wanted them.. That was where I got that idea. Of course, in those days everything was included in the price of the cruise.

Are there any perks you would pay extra for if they were offered on a Celebrity cruise?

I would pay extra for...

A reserved lounge chair by the pool

A bridge program

A good comedian

A good concert

A good theatrical production

Maybe, I'd have to think about it, but certainly none of the above, but different strokes. Okay, maybe a good concert, Eric Clapton or someone in that class I would pay extra for. LOL

I would gladly pay more for a special check in line at peak hours on an S Class Embarkation.

I would pay for a special tender BACK to the ship on a hot sunny day where the lines getting back to the ship via the tender are huge (S Class).

I would pay extra if ships allowed us to take our motorcycles aboard to be used at the ports.

I would pay extra on a port intensive cruise to eat lunch in the MDR everyday as opposed to the buffet.

When I watched the Tony awards this year' date=' they featured Shampoo (I think it was that play) which was performed on a Royal Caribbean cruiseship.

If it was nominated, it must have been very good.

Do they charge for pax to see it, or is it included in the fare?[/quote']

Sorry, I think it's Hairspray, not Shampoo! It's past my bedtime!

....On my first cruise, during the seventies, we reserved lounge chairs and it was great to know that they were ours for the entire cruise whenever we wanted them....

Had to laugh when I read this because I remember on a 7-day cruise that I took in the early 1970s on the NCL Southward my friend and I paid $6/pp for our assigned deck chair.

I was wondering what that cost would translate into a comparable rate today, and then I remembered that the price we paid for cruises in the 70s and 80s were actually higher than cruises today.

It's complicated.

None of the choices. Sorry, but cruise lines don't need incentives in charging for more things like the airlines have done. Before you know it, they'll be charging for extra towels, seats in the theater, bringing more than one piece of luggage, a premium for better food in the buffet, and on and on.

I love the idea of this thread because there are things that would make it more enjoyable, but I share the opinion that I like not thinking about extas. I LOVE all inclusive holidays and am willing to pay a higher price at the start so I don't have to think about it later.

Can't stop cruising - Royal Caribbean has also had productions of other musical plays including Chicago and Saturday Night Fever.
Only on the Oasis and the Allure. They are free but you need to make reservations.

Only on the Oasis and the Allure. They are free but you need to make reservations.

Thank you for answering my question.

To answer your, I don't know what I would be willing to pay extra for. To me, a cruise is a money-saver. Much more reasonable than staying in hotels.

The one thing I do spend extra on is the Spa, which I enjoy. Now I have found an excellent spa in my city and I plan to go once a month. If I stick to my plan, maybe I won't need the spa on the ship!!! Who knows!

I love the idea of this thread because there are things that would make it more enjoyable, but I share the opinion that I like not thinking about extas. I LOVE all inclusive holidays and am willing to pay a higher price at the start so I don't have to think about it later.

I agree, I would pay more in my fare to have better service, better quality of food ect. I guess bring back the way it was. I do not feel it's bad now but there have been cuts in all.

I'd pay for a reserved deck chair in the shade.... Melanoma survivor, so stay out of the sun

I'd pay for priority tenders... Don't like rushing around on vacation

I buy the drink package because I like the all inclusive feel... That's a good addition for me

I agree, I would pay more in my fare to have better service, better quality of food ect. I guess bring back the way it was. I do not feel it's bad now but there have been cuts in all.

Just go on a luxury line and most of this will be included.

I do not want to have to pay more for things I get for 'free' (included) now. Even if there were reserved deck chairs (the only one I'd possibly think about), not everyone can have one by the pool, even then. Not that I care if one is by the pool. We've always been able to find two chairs together somewhere.

Those who pay for suites, Concierge class and AQ already receive some of the perks mentioned..

Folks who want priority tenders can travel in these staterooms, await making Elite Level or sign up for excursions that tender off first!

If you get out to the pool area early there are always loungers available in the shade--that's what we do!!

I would not like to see any expansion of EXTRA's--there is already too much that is not included in the fare as it used to be...The level of service and entertainment should apply to all cruisers in keeping with Celebrity's overall cruise experience

I would pay for 'VIP debarkation' - Room service breakfast and someone to walk me off the ship at the time of my choosing through a separate, uncongested exit (I am not looking for 'late checkout') either with my luggage or my luggage at a separate spot that is easily found.

Archived