New menu

Clamett

Im quite disapointed with the menus, don't fancy eating much on them at all and i loved the food on my last RCI cruise :(

yeap me too.. normally I can EASILY find at least one main course to be excited about.. according to this.. Wed, Thurs and Fri.. I will either have to eat elsewhere.. or double up on appetizers and desserts.

and dang but I will miss the Vidalia onion tart...

I will say this, a few pf the new choices DO sound like I would love them.. so I am not bashing the entire new menu.

Thank you so much for posting the new menus. We will be on Freedom next month, so I've been very curious about the changes. They kept some of my favorites and some are missing, but overall it looks good.

Can't wait to try some of the new choices.

We are new cruisers so never experienced the other menus, but I find the listing of the new menus disgusting. Not all of us adore seafood and fish and the thing is overloaded with fish and seafood. They need to chuck this and go back to the other menus, where at least there was stuff to choose from. Who wants to have to eat steak every night because the main entrees are not appetizing looking? I see they have chucked out the salads for the most part too.

Disgusting? A quick look at a thesaurus provides the following terms: revolting, repulsive, sickening, ghastly, sordid, horrible and nauseating.

You might want to cancel your cruise.

I am hoping these are on Oasis when I sail next month. I've already found way more things I like. I will probably eat in MDR everynight where as in the past we would skip out 1 or 2 nights because we didn't like what was on that night. Escargot everynight - Awesome!

I can't wait to try the new menu! :D

2 thumbs up for the new menu from me

Clamett: thank you very much for this information as a diabetic it is nice to see sugar-free key lime pie:D John

I'll add the sugar free key line pie is good, just don't sample a piece with sugar at the same time. By itself as a dessert I found it very good.

I'll add the sugar free key line pie is good, just don't sample a piece with sugar at the same time. By itself as a dessert I found it very good.

I had the "real" KLP for dessert on the last night and it was some of the worst I have ever had -- only had a few bites and left the rest of it. It was WAY too dense and way too sweet.

Disgusting? A quick look at a thesaurus provides the following terms: revolting, repulsive, sickening, ghastly, sordid, horrible and nauseating.

You might want to cancel your cruise.

Yeah. I've been quite critical of the food but I don't recall anything that was even close to "disgusting".

We are new cruisers so never experienced the other menus, but I find the listing of the new menus disgusting. Not all of us adore seafood and fish and the thing is overloaded with fish and seafood. They need to chuck this and go back to the other menus, where at least there was stuff to choose from. Who wants to have to eat steak every night because the main entrees are not appetizing looking? I see they have chucked out the salads for the most part too.

you know, calling the new menu disgusting is kinda like implying that everyone who is happy to see the changes( or at least not making snap judgements) is a an uncivilized lout who thinks haute cuisine is chicken fingers and fries.

and FTR I would dearly LOVE to eat steak every night. My cardiologist prefers I do not. :p

I updated my menu pdf to include the "available any day" items. Nice single sheet table convenient for printing. Enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/idx7jb0iajr6clu/New%20RCI%20Menus.pdf

Thanks. One funny thing...I keep doing a double-take when I see the word directly under "Thursday".

I think it is Japanese Mushrooms, but I still have to look twice at the word.

Prime rib only one night now?

Edited by Jimnbigd

can anyone help me locate the daily alternative menu daily thanks

yes i do not like reading people calling the food awful ND DISGUSTING

that is very rude i am sure the food is decent:)

This is what was posted as the always available items:

Shrimp Cocktail

Escargot

Caesar Salad

Linguini Pomodoro

Angus Beef Sliders

Broiled Atlantic Cod

Marinated Grilled Chicken Breast

Aged Manhattan Strip Steak

BBB Creme Brulee

Chocolate Sensation

Cheese Plate

Main Lobster 24.95

Surf and Turf 34.95

Chops Steak 14.95

well I for one am thrilled with the dinner salad option . . sometimes that's all you feel like and looks like good choices. and hooray for the return of the cheese plate! ok, my needs are simple:)

Let's not forget this is only a 7 day menu - they probably have 20+ more options they are working with.

Thanks Katana Gelder. (guess I could have googled it:rolleyes:). What else is a specialty of Australia that shouldn't be missed? (Going in a couple of months and don't want to miss anything) Don't think I've ever seen that on a menu here in the US.

I recommend Balmain bugs, they're a type of fan lobster and very nice. We do have quite a bit of seafood and the nice restaurants in Sydney have a lot of it. Our game, like kangaroo, is rather tough but is similar to lamb.

Thanks so much for posting these menus! Been cruising Royal for years and a change will be nice. I do agree with "disgusting" poster that it's heavy seafood, not disgusting though:-). I'm still excited for changes. I'm thinking these won't be on my December cruise on the Adventure though?? Anyone know a timeline on the roll out?

T

I'm still looking for the disgusting menus, and i don't eat seafood. My biggest problem will be the night I want 5 apps and 2 entres. I didn't even go to the dessert part. Now that could really be "disgusting", a grown toad chowing down like that.

I recommend Balmain bugs, they're a type of fan lobster and very nice. We do have quite a bit of seafood and the nice restaurants in Sydney have a lot of it. Our game, like kangaroo, is rather tough but is similar to lamb.

Not sure I could eat anything with the name "bugs" in it;) but will try to see some anyway.

I suppose I could google it.... but what's a Barramundi? :) Is it a fish?

Pan Fried Fillet of Barramundi

Yup, it's from Australia, haven't had it myself, so can't comment on the taste, but I generally love all fish.

For those who are picky eaters or who have allergies to certain foods, you can order items without the sauce, etc. I don't like cheese or salad dressing, so I have ordered a plain salad on nights when there was cheese or dressing on any salads offered. Some nights, it might be just lettuce and tomatoes. Others, it has been mixed salad greens with other raw veggies. I have also requested to not have cheese or cream sauces on meats. They will fix items for you to your liking from the main menu.