Take This for What It's Worth

kitty9

Is it really that hard to put on a suit? I never thought it was until reading this thread. Lighten up and if you don't like the policy...take a different cruise. I mean this in the best way possible :)

The problem is this is completely opposite of Celebrity's printed policy. How are you supposed to respond to that? Printed policy or what some idiot decides to announce on the night?

Maybe they should put on those latex gloves, like your dentist/doctor use? :eek:

They'll need to develop a "latex glove" code that indicates when they are to wear the gloves. Perhaps they'll have a special black glove for formal nights. When they go on stage for introductions they can wear just one black glove and dance to "Thriller".

I don't see it a big problem shaking hands in the reception line. As long as he doesn't put his hands in his mouth or have an open sore or touch food to the mouth, what's the big deal? Just go wash your hands afterwards.
After each person??????:eek:

The problem is this is completely opposite of Celebrity's printed policy. How are you supposed to respond to that? Printed policy or what some idiot decides to announce on the night?

Maybe consider going with the flow, life is too short to dwell on such a matter. If you need to change, it takes less than 5 minutes; or a short walk to the 5th floor theater. My husband opted to change back into his suit.

Policy or not, it made for a completely elegant evening for those who enjoy that.

For those that were casual, I am sure they had an equally great time!

Do what makes you feel comfortable and most of all, enjoy.

No one was banned, just directed to the 5th floor.

Are you saying that the people who are paying a premium to book aqua so they don't have to dress formal or the people that just paid $80 to dine in a specialty restaurant should be banned from the Theatre?

This is a case of an employee speaking out of turn and really misquoting policy. Celebrity isn't this stupid

Are you saying that the people who are paying a premium to book aqua so they don't have to dress formal or the people that just paid $80 to dine in a specialty restaurant should be banned from the Theatre?

This is a case of an employee speaking out of turn and really misquoting policy. Celebrity isn't this stupid

Would they be wearing shorts in Blu? I thought it was smart casual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would they be wearing shorts in Blu? I thought it was smart casual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, not at all, shorts have no place..I'm talking about the announcement that formal is required. The policy is smart casual and above for the theatre

I don't know what ship it was, but a gentlemen reported a couple of weeks ago of being banned from the theatre for wearing smart casual. He had on pants and a shirt.

According to some of the posts here he would have been better off wearing shorts and being sent to deck 5. At least he could see the show.

Of course not. We always book AQ; and, we feel that those who attend the theater in shorts demonstrate paucity in the way of class and good manners.

Of course not. We always book AQ; and, we feel that those who attend the theater in shorts demonstrate paucity in the way of class and good manners.

I don't disagree with you. But the announcement said that Formal Attire was required in the theatre.

They did not have a Captain's Table at any seating on each formal night on Solstice. Didn't have one the cruise before either. The Captain held his hands behind his back while on reception line, guess he didn't want to shake hands or even do a fist bump.

Don't blame the captain for not wishing to shake thousands of hands -- I don't want to shake his either!

Would really love for the OP to come back and clarify if the announcement specified that formal attire would be required for admittance to the theater on formal night as that clearly contradicts policy. I don't care what the policy is as long as it so followed.

It should be that way ...

Agree. The Hosts should be commended for their efforts. They have always been impartial referees. It should be pointed out to newer posters that the Hosts are volunteers, not paid professionals.

Just off Summit and the cruise director made an interesting announcement on both formal nights. At 10am, the captain came on the speaker for his daily announcements. After that, the cruise director did his thing. On both formal nights he announced that formal dress was to be observed in the main dining room AND the Celebrity Theater. He said no one in shorts and t shirts will be allowed in the dining room and theater on formal nights. So, for whatever that's worth, it's what happened, and they did have people stationed outside the theater on formal night turning away those in shorts.

We are not bringing formal wear because we are in Aqua class. However, we still won't go to dinner in shorts and T shirts.

It sounds like the only change is that they do not want passengers in shorts and T-shirts in the theatre.

Is it really that hard to put on a suit? I never thought it was until reading this thread. Lighten up and if you don't like the policy...take a different cruise. I mean this in the best way possible :)

Why would you need to take a different cruise when there are viable options? That is implying that if you don't wear a suit you are somehow lacking. We were in Aqua Class for a recent Millennium cruise and booked that partly because the men in the group did not wish to bring suits. It would be a deal breaker for sure for my husband. And IMO he looks dashing enough in a nice dress shirt and pants.

The policy IS smart casual in the Theater regardless of the night. Formal is for MDR ONLY.

I am just going to assume that the OP heard incorrectly and that if I dress appropriately for Blu, I can sit on floor 4 or 5 of the theater. If that turns out to be untrue, I do know where the Head of the Hotel's office is and I am not reluctant to visit with her/him.

Just back from the Silhouette.

Tuxedo, suit or blazer was a must on formal night for the MDR.

For those without a jacket, you got one on loan.

Gitte

Hi Gitte-- hope all is well with you

This is such great news fleetwide!!!!

I don't. I think it was directed at me! :mad:(:D)

(I just can't always say in 50 words that which others say in three. :D Should I change my name to "verbose blazer boy?" Has a ring to it...)

Also, I think, like some cruise ships, our post count here should reflect the number of words, not the number of posts...I'd ;)be in the lead by a mile!;)

Sign me Mr. LONG-WINDED.

Be assured, it wasn't.

It is hard to put on a suit when you followed policy and didn't bring one only to have someone change Celebrity's written policy.

I suspect that someone just mispoke.

Archived