do you bring power strip/cord w/you on board?

socal4me

Rather than a power strip i take (2 or 3) of those three-way adapters that let you plug three things into a single outlet. They're smaller and take up less space in the luggage.

I too have one of these ....very handy and small ..no need for anything else .i plug my rollers and iPad at night with camer chargers ...plenty

Just think, 10-15 years ago, we didn't have any of this....stuff. And we liked cruising just fine. Now I don't go anywhere without my kindle. :rolleyes:

Yes, when I traveled, I took very little, but bring my Nook takes a lot less space than my reading material used to take. And I must look into the fan also. I too, have internal combustion problems or as I call the permanent personal summer moments

Don't forget about the outlet in the bathroom. Although it only has enough current for shavers, that is plenty enough to charge camera batteries, cellphones, etc. EM

You mean the outlet at the ceiling level? Who but a basketball player can reach it???

It would be good for a toothbrush as well as the shaver, too, if it were usable. It's a shame to need to keep your toothbrush on the desk. :rolleyes:

You mean the outlet at the ceiling level? Who but a basketball player can reach it???

It would be good for a toothbrush as well as the shaver, too, if it were usable. It's a shame to need to keep your toothbrush on the desk. :rolleyes:

Luckily being 6' 2" it's not an issue for me but I know what you mean. :D We use it occasionally but with our splitters we're typically able to get by without it.

A strip? No. A three plug? Yes.

Like everyone else said, there are often times when more than one outlet is required to power our 21st century lives.

Do we always need/use? No, but must like a million spare dollars it is better to have and not need than it is to need and not have.

Derek

We have a "travel bag" that holds all the chargers and has a short cord with 4outlets on it. Perfect for camera and cell phones (just before final port). Always unplugged at night because use one and only outlet for CPAP. Bought bag at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Easy to put into carry-on.

Do you bring power strip cord w/you on cruise vacation? do you find there are enough outlets in the cabin?

thanks.

Carol

We always book either an OV or an inside cabin and the only outlet is just above the desk. My husband uses a CPAP which needs to be placed on the nightstand next to the bed. So we bring not only a UL surge-protected power strip but we also bring a UL extension cord. Since we need to make sure that one is available for us we bring our own.

We always book either an OV or an inside cabin and the only outlet is just above the desk. My husband uses a CPAP which needs to be placed on the nightstand next to the bed. So we bring not only a UL surge-protected power strip but we also bring a UL extension cord. Since we need to make sure that one is available for us we bring our own.

We always bring those in the CPAP bag as well. It's more of a concern on pre- and post-cruise hotel stays than it is on the ships, though. Plugs in hotel rooms are NEVER where we need them or are full already. We have never had a problem boarding with them but we always have them in the CPAP travel bag. And they are also UL-approved and look brand new.

The problem I have is my blow-dryer. It can't fit into the plug at desk-height because the power end is large. Like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQjXoj4l3mRCkb-ltus71EHU3R--iSiBoVnnOAdt125s-45Tqe

So I can't just plug it into the desk plug because it won't turn to the side due to the large/small size metal thingys. (Blonde moment! Can't remember what the pokey-in metal parts are called.) And I can't use the provided hair dryer because I have curly hair and have to use a diffuser or look like a shrubbery. :D

Robin

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQjXoj4l3mRCkb-ltus71EHU3R--iSiBoVnnOAdt125s-45Tqe

So I can't just plug it into the desk plug because it won't turn to the side due to the large/small size metal thingys. (Blonde moment! Can't remember what the pokey-in metal parts are called.) And I can't use the provided hair dryer because I have curly hair and have to use a diffuser or look like a shrubbery. :D

Robin

If you're on our next cruise, Robin, maybe you can help us out if any issues arise with our electronics. I'm always needing some help from someone more knowledgeable than I.:D

If you're on our next cruise, Robin, maybe you can help us out if any issues arise with our electronics. I'm always needing some help from someone more knowledgeable than I.:D

I wish there was a 'like' button! :D

Robin

Because of the various cameras, iPods, etc, this is what we bring:

s2v6g7.jpg

It multiplies 1 socket to 3 and has 2 USB ports.

:)

Please tell me if you can get one at a Hardware store or do you have to go to a speciality computer store for them..I usually just bring a UL heavy duty extension cord..

Thanks..Betty

On our first cruise it was recommened by posters on CC that we pack a power strip, so we brought one and used it.

Since then we learned that on a HAL ship it is not allowed by the rules. If you want one, you are supposed to ask for one from the service desk or your room steward. This is simply about safety, and I for one would not take chances at bringing something on board that could potentially cause a fire. For our second HAL cruise we went to the service desk and signed one out.

On our first cruise it was recommened by posters on CC that we pack a power strip, so we brought one and used it.

Since then we learned that on a HAL ship it is not allowed by the rules. If you want one, you are supposed to ask for one from the service desk or your room steward. This is simply about safety, and I for one would not take chances at bringing something on board that could potentially cause a fire. For our second HAL cruise we went to the service desk and signed one out.

Which is all well and good if they don't run out...

Because of the various cameras, iPods, etc, this is what we bring:

s2v6g7.jpg

It multiplies 1 socket to 3 and has 2 USB ports.

This is the exact one that I got on Amazon last month, specifically to bring on cruises. It was on sale for under $11, but it's still pretty cheap even when not on sale ($13.55 right now).

Please tell me if you can get one at a Hardware store or do you have to go to a speciality computer store for them..I usually just bring a UL heavy duty extension cord..

Thanks..Betty

I bought mine at Wal-Mart. I've seen them at Target, also.

Thanks..Betty

Office Depot has them for $12.95 on-line, probably a little more in-store.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/939905/Belkin-5-Outlets-Mini-Surge-Suppressors/?Channel=Google&mr:trackingCode=01753671-5121-DF11-9B13-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA&mr:ad=19997570756&cm_mmc=Mercent-_-Googlepla-_-Technology+Computer_Accessories-_-939905&mr:keyword={keyword}&mr:adType=pla

BUT - from the look of where the prongs are at one end, I don't see how it can fit in the outlet over the desk. It would stick down too far. Does it need some other kind of short extension cord? Or do those prongs swivel somehow? Or what? :confused: :confused:

2438094290099632937S425x425Q85.jpg

Office Depot has them for $12.95 on-line, probably a little more in-store.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/939905/Belkin-5-Outlets-Mini-Surge-Suppressors/?Channel=Google&mr:trackingCode=01753671-5121-DF11-9B13-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA&mr:ad=19997570756&cm_mmc=Mercent-_-Googlepla-_-Technology+Computer_Accessories-_-939905&mr:keyword={keyword}&mr:adType=pla

BUT - from the look of where the prongs are at one end, I don't see how it can fit in the outlet over the desk. It would stick down too far. Does it need some other kind of short extension cord? Or do those prongs swivel somehow? Or what? :confused: :confused:

2438094290099632937S425x425Q85.jpg

I just looked it up on the Belkin website and it says it has a 4-position rotating plug.

I just looked it up on the Belkin website and it says it has a 4-position rotating plug.
Too bad I didn't read the description on the Office Depot link I posted:

"360-degree rotating plug has four locking positions." :o:o

This is the exact one that I got on Amazon last month, specifically to bring on cruises. It was on sale for under $11, but it's still pretty cheap even when not on sale ($13.55 right now).

I bought mine at Wal-Mart. I've seen them at Target, also.

Thank you both, looks very handy will get one..:)

Cheers....Betty

Which is all well and good if they don't run out...

I am a rule follower. Rules are in place for a reason. When those rules are for safety I find it hard to believe anyone would disregard them. If they ran out, I would deal.

Archived