32 Day Cruise

dinosaurdem

We were on it for a 17 day cruise with 10 sea days. Could easily have enjoyed the ship for another 15 days.

Sea days can be as relaxing or as busy as you wish. There will be many activities and lectures during the day which you can choose to attend or you can just relax. The choice is up to you.

We were on it for a 17 day cruise with 10 sea days. Could easily have enjoyed the ship for another 15 days.

Sea days can be as relaxing or as busy as you wish. There will be many activities and lectures during the day which you can choose to attend or you can just relax. The choice is up to you.

Sounds heavenly! :)

I have read that the Diamond might not be a good ship for a long cruise with many sea days. I have such a cruise booked. Reactions?
I'd jump at the chance to book such a cruise on the Diamond. Oh, wait, I already did! Well, sort of. Just 22 days with 11 sea days, one stretch of 7 sea days in a row... on the Diamond. Can't wait until next April. I took a 32-day cruise with 19 sea days several years ago on the Sapphire (the Diamond's sister ship) and it was one of the best cruises I've taken.

I can't imagine why someone would specify the Diamond as one not good for sea days. The only thing missing on the Diamond that won't be there for my cruise is the International Cafe. Hardly something to make a difference whether to cruise on the ship or not.

Sea days are what you make of them. They're not for everyone and some people just don't like them. Perhaps a ship with far more physical activities such as a climbing wall, surfing pool, etc. would make them happier. I love going to the lectures, movies, and other less physical activities which all Princess ships have plenty of.

I'd jump at the chance to book such a cruise on the Diamond. Oh, wait, I already did! Well, sort of. Just 22 days with 11 sea days, one stretch of 7 sea days in a row... on the Diamond. Can't wait until next April. I took a 32-day cruise with 19 sea days several years ago on the Sapphire (the Diamond's sister ship) and it was one of the best cruises I've taken.

I can't imagine why someone would specify the Diamond as one not good for sea days. The only thing missing on the Diamond that won't be there for my cruise is the International Cafe. Hardly something to make a difference whether to cruise on the ship or not.

Sea days are what you make of them. They're not for everyone and some people just don't like them. Perhaps a ship with far more physical activities such as a climbing wall, surfing pool, etc. would make them happier. I love going to the lectures, movies, and other less physical activities which all Princess ships have plenty of.

I ditto everything Pam says. We were on the Diamond for 31 days last fall, Anchorage to Singapore and absolutely loved it. We love sea days and lectures. Plus on a long voyage, I don't feel compelled to try to cram lots of activities into just a few days like you do on short cruises therefore I find the longer cruises to be ever so much more relaxing.

DW and I were on the Diamond this April and May for 35 days. We had plenty of sea days including five straight sea days crossing from Asia to North America via the Pacific Ocean and the Bering Sea. One night we even had snow and the crew stayed up all night making snowmen (but I digress).

We found the Diamond to be a great ship. It doesn't have the Riviera deck but has just as much public space as the other Grand class ships, thus you get more space per passenger compared to ships with that deck. It's a little bit wider too and is noted for having a more pleasant Promenade because of the extra width. Our captain liked to point out that even though it doesn't have the Riviera deck, the extra width increases the tonnage such that the Diamond (and its sister the Sapphire) are currently the largest ships in Princess' fleet.

We've now booked the Diamond's sister, the Sapphire, for a 28 day cruise to the South Pacific from San Pedro this October. That will have eight sea days in a row and several other multiple sea-day events in the interim. We can't wait!

Now, all that said, activities during sea days on all the ships are set up by the Cruise Director and staff. Your mileage may vary from one CD to another and it's very hard to predict who will be the CD on your particular voyage more than a couple of months in advance, if that. We always make sure we have our own things to do in case of a hiatus in activities in which we are interested.

I have read that the Diamond might not be a good ship for a long cruise with many sea days. I have such a cruise booked. Reactions?

As others have posted, the Diamond is just as good as any other Princess ship for a cruise including on a long cruise. Without knowing the specific info you've read to concern you there's no way to address those concerns. I've been on her sister ship the Sapphire which even before her upgrades was a wonderful ship.

I don't know who posted such negative things about the Diamond but those who have already replied to your question provide excellent info & I'd believe them over the others who have caused you to worry about a lengthy sailing on the Diamond. :)

I wonder if the OP misunderstood what he/she heard? I would say just the opposite of what he/she heard. IMO, the Small Ships of Princess would not be a good option for a long cruise with many sea days for most people, especially those with children/teens. There is less deck space and fewer pools. IMO, you can't ask for a more perfect ship than the Diamond/Sapphire for a long cruise with many sea days!

Not sure what specifics you heard about the Diamond but if I were going to book a cruise that long I would jump at the chance to book it on the Diamond or her sister ship the Sapphire. I think they would be great for sea days even in cooler weather as they have one pool that is completely covered. I also think that the public rooms seem to handle crowds that might be indoors as opposed to out on the open decks better than some of the other Grand Class ships.

According to last year's Cruise Atlas the Sapphire/Diamond are the largest Princess ships at 116,000 tons & thus 3,000 tons larger with 400 fewer passengers than the newer Grand-class type of ships. A covered aft pool & a Promenade deck wide enough for loungers are a few other bonuses. :)

We only do the long cruises 28+ days were on the Diamond for 39 days Sydney to Singapore was a great cruise it is a good ship for any cruise for us the longer the better have also spent 35 days on the Sun it was good as well it is what you make of it join in lay back just enjoy

Davaller

IMO, the Small Ships of Princess would not be a good option for a long cruise with many sea days for most people, especially those with children/teens.

The most we have spent on one of the small ships on a single cruise was 14 days. We could easily have done another 14 or more days on it.(No children involved.)

I haven't been on the Diamond, but the Diamond and Sapphire are sister ships. I have been on the Sapphire for one 31 day cruise and another 63 day cruise and I loved every minute of both. I would book a long cruise on either of those ships any time. The Sapphire is my favorite Princess ship.

We were on a 33 day cruise from Vancouver to Sydney Australia

on the Diamond's Sister ship, the Sapphire. It was a wonderful and amazing cruise. The 33 days went by so fast. We loved the relaxing sea

days as well as the interesting port days.

Pleased to hear your positive comments. We love sea days. One of the comments I read was that, of the specialty restaurants, with Sterling being unexceptional (consistent with our experience) and Sabatini's being very good, and with some of us averse to buffets, the dining choices are limited for a long cruise.

Pleased to hear your positive comments. We love sea days. One of the comments I read was that, of the specialty restaurants, with Sterling being unexceptional (consistent with our experience) and Sabatini's being very good, and with some of us averse to buffets, the dining choices are limited for a long cruise.

All the ships have two alternates and most people don't even frequent those. Do you not want to go to the DR at all?

All the ships have two alternates and most people don't even frequent those. Do you not want to go to the DR at all?

I'm very comfortable with the DR but 32 days is a long time to eat in one place. We have only done a maximum of 15 days with Princess and the variety was okay. I am curious about 32.

Singapore to YVR. And this was before the IC and Crown Grill upgrade, which we did miss Loved it though. Could have stayed on for more...and we were in a balcony, aft though, so we had great use of the balcony, but never got tired of the small cabin.

always something to see and do, always something to eat, never really bored and actually not that ready to get off.

Got to see snow on the decks in the Bering Sea, how cool was that!

Archived