princess cruising going quick 4 day on NCL or RC HELP!!

Host CJSKIDS

Okay, I have the chance to jump on a 4 night cruise on Monday out of Miami. My choices are either the NCL Sky or Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas. NCL has balconies, window and insides left. Majesty has window or insides.

I know that it's not going to compare in the slightest way to princess, but would someone here book this? Thoughts? Which would you guys chose if any?

Okay, grabbed NCL as RC sold out while I was looking at it.

Quick last minute get away, plus I know also have a condo right on Brickell Ave minutes from the port so it's an easy getaway.

I know it's not going to be Princess and told my husband we have to take the cruise for what it is. A short, cheap vacation. I figure if I won't go in expecting too much, I won't be disappointed!

... we have to take the cruise for what it is. A short, cheap vacation. I figure if I won't go in expecting too much, I won't be disappointed!
Great attitude. You can have a good time and enjoy yourself even if the ship is not what you've experienced in the past elsewhere. My nephew just got back from a 3-day Carnival cruise and had a good time in spite of the ship and cruise experience (he works in the hotel industry and is now very vocal about Carnival, not in a good way.)

Please post when you get back how your trip was. I have been on 17 cruises 1 Carnival, 1 Royal Carribean and the rest NCL. I just really like the NCL Freestyle cruising. We are booked on our first Princess Cruise Sept 2013 to Alaska.

thank you

cindi

Great attitude. You can have a good time and enjoy yourself even if the ship is not what you've experienced in the past elsewhere. My nephew just got back from a 3-day Carnival cruise and had a good time in spite of the ship and cruise experience (he works in the hotel industry and is now very vocal about Carnival, not in a good way.)

Thanks Pam. Hey, I'm darn lucky to be able to jump on this so no matter what, I know we will have loads of fun.

Bon Voyage, cjskids. Hope you have a wonderful time.

I was on the Sky in August and had a very nice time. Note that the Sky is NCL's oldest ship in the fleet so I also went with lower expectations although until now I've sailed exclusively with NCL (soon to change). The cabins are dated but the public areas are nice and the crew is wonderful. So know that NCL ships only get better from there. I really like the Jewel-class ships, and enjoy the Epic for its entertainment and novelty (but too big for me), and looking forward to sailing the new Breakaway being built.

Tip: On embarkation day, the MDR is open for lunch if you board before 2pm. The ship's age shows in the layout with the buffet being cramped with fewer selections. However, you can grab your food and head aft to the Great Outdoors for a great outdoor view.

I can't comment on cruise lines I've never sailed on. Although I like NCL very much, I want to experience sailing on other lines and will soon set sail on Carnival Fascination and Caribbean Princess (even though the latter has been bashed in CC reviews lately :(). RCCI's Oasis of the Seas is on my "list" too even though I know it's way too big a ship after having seen the Discover/Smithsonian "Mighty Ships" episode. Plus I think I'd prefer Blue Man Group and Cirque Dreams on Epic to Oasis' water acrobatics. :rolleyes:

Bon Voyage, cjskids. Hope you have a wonderful time.

I was on the Sky in August and had a very nice time. Note that the Sky is NCL's oldest ship in the fleet so I also went with lower expectations although until now I've sailed exclusively with NCL (soon to change). The cabins are dated but the public areas are nice and the crew is wonderful. So know that NCL ships only get better from there. I really like the Jewel-class ships, and enjoy the Epic for its entertainment and novelty (but too big for me), and looking forward to sailing the new Breakaway being built.

Tip: On embarkation day, the MDR is open for lunch if you board before 2pm. The ship's age shows in the layout with the buffet being cramped with fewer selections. However, you can grab your food and head aft to the Great Outdoors for a great outdoor view.

I can't comment on cruise lines I've never sailed on. Although I like NCL very much, I want to experience sailing on other lines and will soon set sail on Carnival Fascination and Caribbean Princess (even though the latter has been bashed in CC reviews lately :(). RCCI's Oasis of the Seas is on my "list" too even though I know it's way too big a ship after having seen the Discover/Smithsonian "Mighty Ships" episode. Plus I think I'd prefer Blue Man Group and Cirque Dreams on Epic to Oasis' water acrobatics. :rolleyes:

Thanks. thanks for the tip about the MDR and lunch. We are minutes away from the port so plan on being at check in early. Hoping that my friend who works at the port is going to drop us off.

We booked Sky having never been on NCL. I was surprised that we liked it; food in MDR was good; friendly crew and nothing negative. We have also sailed Majesty several times and book a suite so we have a balcony. You will have a great time!

Quick last minute get away, plus I know also have a condo right on Brickell Ave minutes from the port so it's an easy getaway.

I know it's not going to be Princess and told my husband we have to take the cruise for what it is. A short, cheap vacation. I figure if I won't go in expecting too much, I won't be disappointed!

That's a perfect attitude. I live very close to a cruise port and have, at the last minute, booked a few 3 day cruises on Carnival just to get away. I went with my mom and we both went in with the attitude of not expecting what we would get from a full 7 day or more cruise. We actually had a great time despite the ship not being that great. :):):)

Agree that lunch on embarkation day is a nice feature on NCL.

I hope you have a fabulous cruise--no long waiting in anticipation as it's so soon! Nice!

I've had good experiences on all the cruiselines I've sailed--enjoy!

+1

It's only a bad cruise if you allow it to be! I've enjoyed all my cruises as it's better than being at work.:)

I find the NCL staff to be more friendly and outgoing.

I think you made the right choice.

Bon Voyage!!

Archived