Some Basic Dining Questions

ldubs

We are looking forward to a Celebrity Silhouette cruise in October. We normally cruise Princess and our only previous experience with Celebrity was on the Millennium several years ago.

I see quite a few specialty restaurants on Silhouette. I am curious about the costs for these places. I assume a 15% gratuity is added to the base cost.

QSine (Dinner)

Murano (Dinner)

Tuscan Grille (L,D)

Lawn Club Grill (L,D)

Bistro on Five (B,L,D & late night)

Cafe al Baco (B,L,D & late night)

The Porch (B,L)

Aqua Spa Cafe (B,L,D??)

Pool Mast Grill (L,D ??)

Additionally I see that the basic soda package is $7 per day. I suppose this is good for someone who consumes several sodas each day. Otherwise, this seems kind of high. What is the cost for a soda?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

We are looking forward to a Celebrity Silhouette cruise in October. We normally cruise Princess and our only previous experience with Celebrity was on the Millennium several years ago.

I see quite a few specialty restaurants on Silhouette. I am curious about the costs for these places. I assume a 15% gratuity is added to the base cost.

QSine (Dinner) 40 $

Murano (Dinner) 40 $

Tuscan Grille (L,D) 30 $

Lawn Club Grill (L,D) 40$

Bistro on Five (B,L,D & late night) 5 $

Cafe al Baco (B,L,D & late night) a la carte, snacks are free

The Porch (B,L) 5 $

Aqua Spa Cafe (B,L,D??) free

Pool Mast Grill (L,D ??) free

Additionally I see that the basic soda package is $7 per day. I suppose this is good for someone who consumes several sodas each day. Otherwise, this seems kind of high. What is the cost for a soda?

Soda Can 2,30 $ including 15% tip.

Special Restaurants prices include a basic tip. Nothing required but always appreciated.

Random discounts of 20-50% applies for specialty Restaurants. (except bistro on five)

Soda Can 2,30 $ including 15% tip.

Special Restaurants prices include a basic tip. Nothing required but always appreciated.

Random discounts of 20-50% applies for specialty Restaurants. (except bistro on five)

Perfect info SoBe. Thanks!

Yes, SoBe2010, has given you good info. On these Solstice-class ships, there are a nice range of options. The Oceanview Cafe works well and has a nice quality level. Plus, it saves time. If you have a port-intense cruise or day, that's good. Also more below on some of the speciality places, etc. You'll like the food options and variety.

Speciality Dining Photos/Tips:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1434523&page=2

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 101,946 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For the handy and quick Oceanview Cafe buffet, here are two visuals samples, including getting items from the pizza-pasta bar area. The pizza is very good when it is hot and coming fresh right out of the oven.:

SolsticeOceanviewBuffet1.jpg

SolsticeOceanviewPizza.jpg

Here is an overview for this wonderfully-appointed, speciality Murano dining room with nice wood, ceiling, glass, etc., details.* Maximum capacity for seating in 90.* For the last night, they have 30 people on a waiting listing.* We booked ahead which was smart in order to get a specific date on a sea day.:

MuranoRoomOverview.jpg

The “Creamy Maine Lobster Bisque” is one of their most popular starter items at Murano. It is far different from what is served on the rest of the Solstice. It involves seven hours prep time for the different items. The broth is poured into your bowl with nice drama . . . and great taste. There are ten different starter options. You can have as many courses of starters as you wish. I had a second starter of Diver Scallop Wellington-Style. The warm goat cheese souffle is also a popular item here. :

MuranoLobsterBisque.jpg

Three of us had the Murano Lobster as our main entrees. It is cooked and prepared table-side from lobster tails that are first presented table-side.:

MuranoPrepareLobster.jpg

This was the Tuscan Grille “Signature Creme Brulee” that I enjoyed. A key tip for the Tuscan Grille is to “pace yourself” as the portions are large (and good). You need to save room for the desserts, etc.:

SolsticeTuscan2Dessert-1.jpg

QSine (Dinner)

Murano (Dinner) $40

Tuscan Grille (L,D) $30

Lawn Club Grill (L,D)

Bistro on Five (B,L,D & late night) $5

Cafe al Baco (B,L,D & late night) food/pastries free; charge for coffee

The Porch (B,L)

Aqua Spa Cafe (B,L,D??) Free

Pool Mast Grill (L,D ??) Free

Tuscan Grille is not a lunch venue. Sometimes they might have

a "special lunch event" but it is not open for lunch on a regular

basis.

The Aqua Spa Cafe is not opened for dinner. Breakfast and lunch only.

Cafe Al Bacio? They have pastries in the morning, some tapas in the

afternoon and more pastries but it is not really breakfast & lunch

and there is no food for dinner in there.

We did the Bacchaus package which gave us 5 meals : 2 tuscan, 1 muranos, 1 Qsine and 1 Lawn Grill PLUS wine for $399 per couple which included wine. Well worth it -- we would have spent about $45 per wine anyway ! Next year we will do the package that does 3 meals though as 5 speciality ones were too much !

So to correct this --

QSine (Dinner) 40 $

Murano (Dinner) 40 $

Tuscan Grille (L,D) 30 $ Not generally open for lunch, maybe a special

Cafe al Baco (B,L,D & late night) a la carte, snacks are free Drinks are not free

The Porch (B,L) 5 $

Aqua Spa Cafe (B,L,D??) free Breakfast and lunch only

Pool Mast Grill (L,D ??) free Usually closes around 6 p.m.

So to correct this --

QSine (Dinner) 40 $

Murano (Dinner) 40 $

Tuscan Grille (L,D) 30 $ Not generally open for lunch, maybe a special

Cafe al Baco (B,L,D & late night) a la carte, snacks are free Drinks are not free

The Porch (B,L) 5 $

Aqua Spa Cafe (B,L,D??) free Breakfast and lunch only

Pool Mast Grill (L,D ??) free Usually closes around 6 p.m.

Just curious, whats on offer at the Lawn Club to make it worth $40?

Cruisestitch, thanks for the link, Im just staggered it costs $40 per head for a BBQ, I could feed a family of 4 at a BBQ for that. There again I'm not a fan of restaurants with a cover charge.

On the plus side, it probably has a great smell wafting over the lawn

Cruisestitch, thanks for the link, Im just staggered it costs $40 per head for a BBQ, I could feed a family of 4 at a BBQ for that. There again I'm not a fan of restaurants with a cover charge.

On the plus side, it probably has a great smell wafting over the lawn

I wouldn't call it a bbq as much as a dining experience where you can, if you'd like, cook the food. There are many who have never cooked a steak on a grill at home or made a pizza, etc. If it doesn't work for you, skip it....like we do, but I grill at least twice a week year round.

QSine (Dinner)

Murano (Dinner)

Tuscan Grille (L,D)

Lawn Club Grill (L,D)

Bistro on Five (B,L,D & late night)

Cafe al Baco (B,L,D & late night)

The Porch (B,L)

Aqua Spa Cafe (B,L,D??)

Pool Mast Grill (L,D ??)

Is Aqua Spa Cafe on Silhouette? We will be on Silhouette in January, 2013, and we were under the impression in other threads that it is not.

Is Aqua Spa Cafe on Silhouette? We will be on Silhouette in January, 2013, and we were under the impression in other threads that it is not.

The Aqua Spa Cafe is there:) deck 12 portside, right near the

Solarium Pool.

Archived