Royal Caribbean Sexist

magenta321

I have noticed that regular mailings come to DH, but he is always listed first on our reservations. Our TA's who are friends of ours just book us that way. Email comes to me usually, although sometimes to both of us.

Honestly, it really doesn't matter to me. RCI is not out to be "sexist" lol. People see that in the strangest places. In the grand scheme of things there are about 9 million more important things to me than who the mail is addressed to.:rolleyes:

My husband also receives the mailings. However, it never occurred to me that he received them because he was "the man." I am sure this is more of a systems issue than a sexist policy. It is likely that the person receiving the mailings is the person with the lowest C&A number in the family.

[quote name='magenta321']I love Royal, and they're the only line I sail. But something really bugs me about Royal. They're completely sexist!

I am the one who organizes, plans, and arranges all of our travel plans in my family. My name always is listed first on all the travel plans, because I made the arrangements.

Why then does Royal send all mailings, both snail and email to my husband? He doesn't read them. He doesn't make purchasing decisions. It is totally lost on him.

I've tried to notify Royal of our preference, but as recently as Tuesday, Royal sent him an email about our upcoming cruise. My husband hadn't bothered to open it. Had I not looked over his shoulder and noticed it, Royal's email would have been unread and buried in his inbox.

Why do they assume the male will be doing the vacation planning? And why is there no place to state our preferences?[/quote]

I have the exact same situation and it ticks me off, too.

What really bothered me is that he became Diamond based on MY cruise count (I had one more than he did) and he got the letter congratulating us. RCI needs to move into the 21st Century.

Interesting. I am a female, make arrangements for my husband and myself. I gave them only one e-mail, the same for both, one address and one phone number. All correspondence comes to me.

I also give them one email address, mine. The correspondence comes addressed to him. He doesn't even do email, the old Luddite!:)

I booked my upcoming Hawaii cruise, used MY next cruise certificate (i'm passenger #1) and put the remaining deposit for my dad (spread the seniors out into all the rooms just in case theres a discount!) on MY credit card but emails regarding the cruise come to my email address (he doesn't have one) addressed Dear Thomas,

Makes no sense but just once I'd like a Dear Elizabeth! lol

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

To the people questioning:

I pay. It's my credit card.

My name is first on the booking.

My CA number is older (lower number).

I have cruised more with Royal than he has.

Possibilities in our relationship that may or may not have something to do with the database:

His name is first alphabetically.

He is older.

His email is first alphabetically.

He is male.

Do I think this is a huge problem? No... it's just irritating!

Will it ruin my vacation? No... it will just annoy me.

Do I go looking for sexism? No, I rarely think something is sexist.

Am I am bra-burning femi****? LOL, far from it.

And why do I care if my husband gets the email and I don't?

BECAUSE HE WON'T READ IT. His brain just filters it ALL out as spam.

Laugh a little ;) I was as I was writing the thread (a little, lol). Plus I do think there is a huge lesson here for RC's marketing and loyalty department(s). Many people here have expressed that they wish RC would get the messages to a particular person in the booking. Many have expressed that the messages are going to someone who is blocking them out (mentally, or by not logging in, etc).

Wow, how sensitive can we get? Who cares as long as we both get to go on the cruise. We have a common email for family travel and vacations and mutual things and both our names on on the email so I could not give a rats xxx who's name is in the greeting of the email. Our money is communal so we BOTH pay . I would not criticize RCI for a non thinking computer. JMO:D

I booked our cruise, though on my husbands card. I planned everything. They email and mail everything to me.

I am sorry you have experienced this. I would just call customer service and ask that it be addressed to you in the future and how can you garanutee this.

I am not sure they are intentionally trying to be sexist. Sounds like it might just be something in their records.

I booked our cruise, though on my husbands card. I planned everything. They email and mail everything to me.

I am sorry you have experienced this. I would just call customer service and ask that it be addressed to you in the future and how can you garanutee this.

I am not sure they are intentionally trying to be sexist. Sounds like it might just be something in their records.

BUT BUT BUT it's more fun to complain about it to strangers on a message board!

Focus on me!

Most e-mail will let you set up "rules," so you can set a rule in his e-mail that anything from RCCL gets forwarded to you. Or you could just ask him to forward it himself. Don't let him tell you "my brain doesn't see it," my wife stopped believing that crap a long time ago! Trust me we make it up.

I seem to have the opposite problem. I usually am the one to book our cruises but for some unknown reason my wife receives all of the correspondence from Royal.

Go figure.

I love Royal, and they're the only line I sail. But something really bugs me about Royal. They're completely sexist!

I am the one who organizes, plans, and arranges all of our travel plans in my family. My name always is listed first on all the travel plans, because I made the arrangements.

Why then does Royal send all mailings, both snail and email to my husband? He doesn't read them. He doesn't make purchasing decisions. It is totally lost on him.

I've tried to notify Royal of our preference, but as recently as Tuesday, Royal sent him an email about our upcoming cruise. My husband hadn't bothered to open it. Had I not looked over his shoulder and noticed it, Royal's email would have been unread and buried in his inbox.

Why do they assume the male will be doing the vacation planning? And why is there no place to state our preferences?

I love Royal, and they're the only line I sail. But something really bugs me about Royal. They're completely sexist!

Why do they assume the male will be doing the vacation planning? And why is there no place to state our preferences?

Hmm, maybe this is why my partner and I each get mailings. I can't tell you how many times i have received 2 copies of their mailings on the same day, 1 addressed to each of us. Seems silly to mail two advertisements to the same household at the same time when we always book together. Maybe they just mail to every Male in their database.

To the OP, I totally agree with you! I find it irritating as well. I was a crown and anchor member for 10 years but as soon as my husband sailed for the first time and I signed him up the letters and emails and even when I log into RCCL's website with my own name and password it now says Welcome, Alan. Sexist, like you said.

Wow, This place is so tough sometimes. Just because she had an issue with this is not reason to be so mean. I never would type anything into one of these forums that i wouldn't say right to someones face.

I'm the one who books everything and pays for our trip so all the emails were going to me. The day I filled out our travel docs for our upcoming trip suddenly my husband started getting emails and phone calls and I started getting nothing. I was listed as the primary person there and yet he's suddenly their BFF.

I assume it's the same kind of database issue that makes their webpage insist I don't have a reservation on weekends. Like someone else said, garbage in, garbage out. It's still annoying but at least I got the emails forwarded from the husband.

I have always done all the booking & other arrangements with the cruise lines ... have only used my email address so all the emails come to me. We have occasionally received things in the regular mail ... I have no idea whose name is first, and I could NOT care less!

Mine is the opposite--I investigate, plan and make all of the arrangements. However, my dear wife's name is first on any list (I get named only as part of the reservation) and all correspondence is addressed to her. Blame their software, and get a life if that is the only complaint.:D

Archived