Aqua class cabin on M class question..

floridacruisers

We're booked on the Connie after she has the AQ cabins added to the stern upper deck. We are currently booked in one of the AQ2 cabins, 9043, which is a corner cabin with a larger veranda. Should we stay there or does anyone know if we are better off taking one of the new cabins? If yes, where is a good location in the rear AQ cabins. What is your opinion. Thanks for the info.......:)

Phil

We were recently in AQ 1138 on a set of B2B Panama Canal cruises. We were very pleased with deck 11 and were also happy with the aft location. The largest balcony of the Aqua Class aft cabins is stateroom 1140, but the balcony in 1138 is huge. We also had no problems with either smoke drifting up from the Sunset Bar below, and didn't find noise to be a problem either.

We're booked on the Connie after she has the AQ cabins added to the stern upper deck. We are currently booked in one of the AQ2 cabins, 9043, which is a corner cabin with a larger veranda. Should we stay there or does anyone know if we are better off taking one of the new cabins? If yes, where is a good location in the rear AQ cabins. What is your opinion. Thanks for the info.......:)

Phil

We had 9038 on Summit last week (mirror image of 9043) and loved the larger balcony. The overhang did not bother us as it was more comfortable sitting outside without the blazing sun. I wouldnt have liked the csbins above the Sunset Bar as there was too much potential for noise/smoke imo.

We were recently in AQ 1138 on a set of B2B Panama Canal cruises. We were very pleased with deck 11 and were also happy with the aft location. The largest balcony of the Aqua Class aft cabins is stateroom 1140, but the balcony in 1138 is huge. We also had no problems with either smoke drifting up from the Sunset Bar below, and didn't find noise to be a problem either.

This is so good to hear. We booked this cabin for a cruise September 2013.

Shelley

Phil

We were in 9043 on Summit. Great cabin/balcony. Loved popping up one deck to get in the T-pool. The Aqua Spa cafe is great and very convenient.

Last month we were in one of the new Deck 11 AQ cabins...1116. Loved the location. We would not prefer a rear facing cabin due to lack of privacy looking down on the Deck 10 bar, but some may not mind. I liked Starboard side also because it is farther away from Port side smoking on deck 10. In a perfect world (next time) I would probably have picked cabin one or two doors down on Starboard side toward aft due to crew access doors...suggest 1118, 1120 or 1122, but any "side" cabin up there in the new section would be good, in my opinion.

We were in 1109 on the Summit and absolutely loved the location. One thing we did notice, having gone on a cabin crawl, the older cabins are about a foot and a half wider. Didn't make a difference to us, but it is definitely narrow between the bed and the wall in the new cabins.

Diane

• 1 year later...
We had 9038 on Summit last week (mirror image of 9043) and loved the larger balcony. The overhang did not bother us as it was more comfortable sitting outside without the blazing sun. I wouldnt have liked the csbins above the Sunset Bar as there was too much potential for noise/smoke imo.

I have booked 9038 on the Infinity for a Panama Canal cruise next April and had chosen the cabin as the balcony looked bigger. I was concerned with the overhang but had seen a previous review of yours that it was not really a problem. I recently 're-booked' to obtain the 123go package and decided to stay with 9038 rather than go for a deck 11 cabin. I may have been tempted if one of the aft ones was available to try them out for myself though. It's good to hear about just being able to pop upstairs, we used to do this on the Eclipse :). I have decided that if we really want the sun, then we go and sit up on one of the decks.

Last month we were in one of the new Deck 11 AQ cabins...1116. Loved the location. We would not prefer a rear facing cabin due to lack of privacy looking down on the Deck 10 bar, but some may not mind. I liked Starboard side also because it is farther away from Port side smoking on deck 10. In a perfect world (next time) I would probably have picked cabin one or two doors down on Starboard side toward aft due to crew access doors...suggest 1118, 1120 or 1122, but any "side" cabin up there in the new section would be good, in my opinion.

We are in 1116 on Connie in a few months. Where was the crew door and how noisy was it?

We are in 1116 on Connie in a few months. Where was the crew door and how noisy was it?

I was in 1116 on Connie and loved it. Don't even know what crew door the other poster is referring to as we never had any noise from the hallway at all. We will always book this stateroom if on M class in the future if possible.

I'm glad to hear that. We had 1138 on the Connie and LOVED it, but none of the five aft cabins were available when we booked our Panama Canal cruise on the Infinity for March 2016.:eek: Since I'm all about the balcony, I chose 9038, and I think given the heat and sun in that part of the world it's a good choice. I wouldn't choose a side cabin on Deck 11 for Panama Canal or the Caribbean because of the lack of overhang/sun protection on the balcony.

I was in 1116 on Connie and loved it. Don't even know what crew door the other poster is referring to as we never had any noise from the hallway at all. We will always book this stateroom if on M class in the future if possible.

Thanks again, Gracie, was getting nervous here!