New Sunset Bar design on Reflection

excitedofharpenden

I just looked at the deck plan on Celebrity's website, and it appears like these will be bench type seating/tables.

It appears that Robin is correct. If you check out Oliver Asmussen's excellent website http://oceanliner-pictures.com/galleries/celebrity+reflection+september+08+2012+/celebrity+reflection+september+08+2012+.html, you can see his photos of these benches (and the rest of the area) quite clearly. It appears that the lawn area (other than these benches) is very similar to the area on the Silhouette. The photos were taken just before the Reflection's conveyance downriver this past weekend.

It appears that Robin is correct. If you check out Oliver Asmussen's excellent website http://oceanliner-pictures.com/galleries/celebrity+reflection+september+08+2012+/celebrity+reflection+september+08+2012+.html, you can see his photos of these benches (and the rest of the area) quite clearly. It appears that the lawn area (other than these benches) is very similar to the area on the Silhouette. The photos were taken just before the Reflection's conveyance downriver this past weekend.

I have my spot picked out! Those round stools at the railing look like a great place to watch the wake or departures from port. It appears that there will be a shelf installed so we can sit and relax with a favorite drink - I can see brackets extending from the railing.

index.php?rex_resize=800w__img_1183.jpg

index.php?rex_resize=800w__img_1169.jpg

I have my spot picked out! Those round stools at the railing look like a great place to watch the wake or departures from port. It appears that there will be a shelf installed so we can sit and relax with a favorite drink - I can see brackets extending from the railing.

Never noticed those brackets; thanks, Boogs! But what's with the zigzag benches? As of now, there's a bench on the side facing away from the bar area (and away from the stern view), but simply a raised platform a few inches off the ground on the bar side. Anyone have any ideas? Also, from the deck plans, it seems the Ocean View bar one deck down has gone away.

Thanks for that link. Much clearer what they are doing now.

Phil

Hmmmm, now I am not so sure if I like the changes. All those round stools everywhere, and they can't be comfortable. I like the large comfortable chairs with cushions like on the other S class ships.

But, until it is finished I'll withhold judgement.

Hmmmm, now I am not so sure if I like the changes. All those round stools everywhere, and they can't be comfortable. I like the large comfortable chairs with cushions like on the other S class ships.

But, until it is finished I'll withhold judgement.

emcee, I think the stools will become more comfortable after a few drinks ;)

I reckon they will have cushions on them.

Perhaps these are new cabanas or VIP seating for suite guests or tables offering bottle service like nightclubs do. (only half kidding!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about seating for 'the ultimate sailaway package', available at $100 per person ;) (only half kidding, too :eek: )

I'm not seeing any stairs going down to the oceanview cafe outdoor area like on the other S-Class?? Can you only access the bar from that deck?

Another good spot. There don't appear to be any stairs making that a true Lawn Club bar area and the deck below eating and no nipping up to get a drink now they've removed the bar from deck 14 aft.

Phil

Sorry, it di not enlarge but there appears to be sereral 2 top and several 4 top tables as well as seating around two two area on either side of the bar.

Just hit Crtl and + to enlarge.

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/images/cel_fleet/ship/cel_reflection/deck_plans/1492/RF_Lawn_Deck_1492.gif

Sorry, it di not enlarge but there appears to be sereral 2 top and several 4 top tables as well as seating around two two area on either side of the bar.

Just hit Crtl and + to enlarge.

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/images/cel_fleet/ship/cel_reflection/deck_plans/1492/RF_Lawn_Deck_1492.gif

thanks for posting this--looks like more bar & fewer seating areas----not a plus for us..

It's more exposed now, but to me it makes more sense to be able to sit around it like you can at say the Martini Bar. With more space created from removing some of the grass area at the rear of the Lawn Club I think it should work well and there is still a shady area where the original was. The bar is more of a "feature" now rather than pub style like before.

Phil

Well, Phil, I think we should check it out at least once or more on our 15 day cruise. Looks like a great place for a Gin and Tonic:D

Dave

thanks for posting this--looks like more bar & fewer seating areas----not a plus for us..

I'd guess there's the same amount of seating. The bocce ball lawn areas have been made smaller (they extend all the way to the stern on the other Solstice class ships) and now that area on either side is Sunset Bar seating. From the deck plans and photos, it appears that the stairs between the Sunset Bar and the deck below are against the forward bulkhead of the area, away from the seating area. The bar is now where the stairs were. Again, from the deck plans, the entire area where the Ocean View Bar is on the other sisters is now seating around tables, both 2 and 4 tops.

Here are some great pictures of the Lawn and the Sunset Bar. The new bench seating can clearly be seen

Click on the image - relevant pictures start around slide 20:

http://oceanliner-pictures.com/galleries/celebrity+reflection+september+08+2012+/celebrity+reflection+september+08+2012+.html?&startimg=0&offset=0

Archived