Johnny Rockets and Oasis

live2dive45

Will be in Oasis next saturday. Heard that Johnny Rockets was fee-free for breakfast. Any truth to that? And I am an early riser on cruises (5-6am). Where is the best place to get coffee that early (besides room service). We are on Deck 11 aft. Thanks in advance:)

Will be in Oasis next saturday. Heard that Johnny Rockets was fee-free for breakfast. Any truth to that? And I am an early riser on cruises (5-6am). Where is the best place to get coffee that early (besides room service). We are on Deck 11 aft. Thanks in advance:)

We were not impressed with the breakfast in Johnny Rockets. It was just reheated food for the most part. We had expected fresh pancakes and french toast.

I'm an early riser as well. Cafe Promenade is the only place to get coffee that early. The fancy coffee opens around 7am (both starbucks and the cafe's) so you'll have to make due until then if you want something stronger.

We find Johnny Rockets is great place for breakfast, a somewhat limited menu, but made to order eggs, pancakes, french toast. For us everything was fresh not re-heated. Bur JR does not really open exceptionally early. If I remember correctly, opening time varies between 8 and 9.

We find Johnny Rockets is great place for breakfast, a somewhat limited menu, but made to order eggs, pancakes, french toast. For us everything was fresh not re-heated. Bur JR does not really open exceptionally early. If I remember correctly, opening time varies between 8 and 9.

I also agree. Great place for breakfast. Eggs were cooked to order, pancakes and french toast were fresh. Not reheated. Loved sitting outdoors for breakfast. We went there a couple of times while on the Oasis. Plan to have breakfast there when we are on the Allure in July.

Johnny rockets was our favorite place for breakfast... egg sandwich and "the Works" home fries were our usual order:) funny we had coffee,fruit and pastries sent to our room at about 6:30....watched the sunrise on our balcony and then went back to bed til about 9 then headed to Johnny Rockets for big breakfast....ahhh miss it already!

We went right after they opened... so maybe they pre-prepped or something in anticipation of a crowd. For those that said they got fresh items, did you go later? My husband actually saw the french toast sitting out in pans keeping warm as we walked in the door.

We went right after they opened... so maybe they pre-prepped or something in anticipation of a crowd. For those that said they got fresh items, did you go later? My husband actually saw the french toast sitting out in pans keeping warm as we walked in the door.

For us everything we ordered was made fresh, but we didn't have French toast. DW had pancakes and they were hot off the grill. We would arrive when it opened. All that being said I do remember seeing French toast under wraps in a metal container when we came through the front door.

For us it was perfect and another way that we avoided to going to the Wind Jammer. 3 Oasis cruises and less than 5 visits to the Wind Jammer. Our goal for the next 2 cruises is 0 visits:p. Other than muster drills we have never been into the MDR either. We love all the other options.

Yes, but you will be presented with a $0 check with an area where a tip can be added, so they will request to see your Seapass card, part of that is to track your order since its a sit down be served meal. (This is the way it wasback in 2011)

Yes, but you will be presented with a $0 check with an area where a tip can be added, so they will request to see your Seapass card, part of that is to track your order since its a sit down be served meal. (This is the way it wasback in 2011)

I don't remember this, but I am not awake until after that coffee goes down. I must drink coffee before we go next time, then I will remember:)

This might have changed.

Our 2 cents...when we were on Oasis, breakfast at JR's was definitely not cooked to order. Scrambled eggs, pancakes, french toast were all from chafing trays/pans. I would sooner confidently recommend Park Cafe for breakfast or the MDR. JR's was so disappointing for breakfast, but you should check it out once for yourself for sure!!!

Just wanted to add, the truth is food is subjective. Your palette is your own. You might find this good and acceptable, others may not.

Our 2 cents...when we were on Oasis, breakfast at JR's was definitely not cooked to order. Scrambled eggs, pancakes, french toast were all from chafing trays/pans. I would sooner confidently recommend Park Cafe for breakfast or the MDR. JR's was so disappointing for breakfast, but you should check it out once for yourself for sure!!!

Just wanted to add, the truth is food is subjective. Your palette is your own. You might find this good and acceptable, others may not.

I agree, we went to Park Cafe every morning after the experience at Johnny Rockets.

I also commented to my husband last night that some people may not mind warmed french toast and pancakes as it all depends on what you're used to. If you eat mostly fast food for breafast or microwaved items you may not notice or mind the difference. Everyone has different expectations in what they expect their food to taste like.

I agree, we went to Park Cafe every morning after the experience at Johnny Rockets.

I also commented to my husband last night that some people may not mind warmed french toast and pancakes as it all depends on what you're used to. If you eat mostly fast food for breafast or microwaved items you may not notice or mind the difference. Everyone has different expectations in what they expect their food to taste like.

We certainly don't eat at fast food restaurants and make fresh meals at home with little use of the microwave. To us the food was good, not as good as our own. I guess subjective taste buds notice the difference.

If my memory serves me correct the type of food for breakfast at the Park Cafe is healthier than what is served at JR. If that is true then it starts at better level of quality from the beginning. There is by no means anything wrong with healthy or a bit of unhealthy while on a holiday. It all comes down to moderation. Perhaps that's where the 3 -5 pounds of gain comes from:)

Archived