LIVE from the Vision of the Seas Sailing 5 Oct 2012

..and as the lock refills behind them, off they head towards the Atlantic.

Hi-Res6.jpg

Hi-Res7.jpg

Hi-Res8.jpg

It's been an absolute privilege to make a small contribution to a Trainman thread. Enjoy the last leg Jim and Judith, slainte mhaith agus slan abhaile!

Your trip is report is awesome... Of course...

I'm so glad I found it today, because I read it all day at work I literally did nothing but read your trip report...

And what perfect timing, your going through the Panama Canal... I watched you the whole time toooo... That was just perfect timing..

Your just now out of the Gatun Locks... That was just so awesome to watch. One day, One day, I want to sail through there!!! One day!

Thank you for a fabulous live report. I'm glad that your all healthy and safe right now.

Texnewbie

Carolyn

Thank you for taking me along with you on your cruise. All the photos and the details felt like I was there with you.

I saw photos of your cabin earlier in the post and did not see the TV in the cabin. Is it the older tube or did you have a Flat screen? I heard there was a refurbish in 2011 and was not sure if that included the cabins.

Thanks to BecciBoo and Madra for posting these terrific pictures. These pics, along with the ones by Trainman (and his commentary) has made for very enjoyable and informative reading.

Thanks. Just part of the fun!

Madra I assume that was Gaelic what does it mean?

Edited by BecciBoo

Sure wish I had a job where I didn't have to actually work and could spend the day reading CC....oh well...maybe in my next life I won't actually have to work to make money. I am enjoying the thread immensely, can't wait for our cruise in Jan. We do love the Vision and we're glad to see she is in such good shape.

Day 26 - Tuesday - Oct 30 2012 - Catagena, Columbia

Good Morning Everyone,

WOW! What a fantastic day transiting the Panama Canal yesterday!

We are due to arrive in Cartagena at 9:00 am and are to be back aboard by 3:30 pm.

The Ships IT Systems are in an exceptionally good mood this morning and I have a bunch of photos uploaded for you. I will start posting them up in a few moments.

A special "Thank You" to those of you who posted up the web cam views of out transit.

And our best wishes to all who are in the clutches of the terrible storm in the North East USA.

The Old Swing Bridge

When the canal was opened this was the only bridge across the canal on the Pacific side. It accommodation both heavy trucks and rail road locomotives and cars.

You had to stop Canal traffic to swing it shut and use it.

IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1933.jpg