Are GTY cabins ever assigned before final payment?

I booked about two weeks before final payment. Cabin assignment took place about three days later & I then called and got it moved to a better location:)

That's the only time I've tried guarantee bookings.

Booked an inside gty on the Liberty about a month ago. Just got my assignment a few days ago.

The only time I did not receive a room assignment was on Carnival Paradise and Glory and had to get my room number at the pier.

Thanks everybody for the replies. Do you usually keep the cabin you are assigned or can they switch it up on you until the sailing date.

They can switch the cabin, but my experience and what I read here is that it is unlikely to happen.

I booked about two weeks before final payment. Cabin assignment took place about three days later & I then called and got it moved to a better location:)

That's the only time I've tried guarantee bookings.

Crazy question-How does guaranty booking work? Is it cheaper, more expensive, or about the same? Thank you.

Crazy question-How does guaranty booking work? Is it cheaper, more expensive, or about the same? Thank you.

Not a crazy question at all. Guarantee bookings are not offered on all sailings or categories. A guarantee category entitles you to any stateroom in the stated category or better. For example, a suite guarantee ("W") means you will get a Junior Suite or better. The guarantee is usually cheaper than selecting a specific stateroom number because they can put you anywhere in that category or better. So if you don't care what stateroom number you get, as long as it's within (or better than) a specific category, then a guarantee would be a good choice.

Thanks for all the info!

We have not booked a guarantee before, but we were booked in a deck 2 oceanview, so we figured we couldn't go anywhere but up. Hopefully we will get a better room than what we had, but even if we stay in the same area, it saved some money on this short cruise!

Archived