How Do You Use a Concierge

cynalan

I noted a recent thread that identified concierges onboard RCI ships. Although I've taken many cruises, I've actually never used the services of an onboard concierge. I would be interested to learn how my Cruise Critic colleagues have used them.

Thanks,

Alan

I noted a recent thread that identified concierges onboard RCI ships. Although I've taken many cruises, I've actually never used the services of an onboard concierge. I would be interested to learn how my Cruise Critic colleagues have used them.

Thanks,

Alan

We've used the concierge to get advice on and book excursions, book specialty restaurants, apply internet coupons, recommend beaches.

Thanks,

Alan

I believe you are referring to threads about concierges in the dedicated Diamond or Conceirge lounges. They are able to get you into shows and resturants that are already booked. Help you with ship excursions and other cruises. They're also handy at fixing the capacino machine in the mornings. The ones in Guest Services are also helpful, but cannot work the miracles the Conceirges can.

Thanks,

Alan

basically, I don't. oh sure, we made mention about wanting to maybe try Chops in his presence and within 3 minutes he had called them up and gotten us ressies for that evening. and if we ever had issues with our account we'd go to him rather than stand in line at GS. Other than that, some general conversation.

our needs are few.

We've been diamond members for a few years and have visited the Diamond Lounge, but I did not know we could request help there. I thought the concierge was only for suite guests. Please help me out with my confusion. We mainly sail on the Freedom class ships. Thanks.

We've been diamond members for a few years and have visited the Diamond Lounge, but I did not know we could request help there. I thought the concierge was only for suite guests. Please help me out with my confusion. We mainly sail on the Freedom class ships. Thanks.

There should be a Diamond Concierge in the lounge that will provide the same services as the Concierge in the CL.

Thanks. We'll definitely meet with him/her during our cruise in March.

You should also receive a letter from the concierge (CL or DL) in your stateroom at check in. That letter usually outines the facilities available to you as well as the services that can be provided to you by the concierge. Details about the hours that the concierge is available and the hours that such things as a continental breakfast or evening cocktails would be mentioned as well.

But isn't the Diamond Lounge only on the Freedom and Oasis class ships?

What do you do if your are Diamond and sailing on Vision or Radiance Class ships?

Do they still have a concierge?

The Diamond lounge is being added to each ship as they go through revitalization.

So far, Diamond Lounges have been added to Radiance, Splendour, Rhapsody, Mariner, and Grandeur.

A few things we have the concierge do:

1. Left tips for MDR staff with concierge, after we forgot to go by MDR on last night to hand them out ourselves.

2. Had concierge print airline boarding passes.

3. Once while getting early morning coffee a concierge inquired about our plans for the day. We didn't have any. She made a suggestion, and though at this point I don't even remember what it was, I recall that we thought it sounded good. She told us to go get breakfast and she'd take care of it. We did, and when we came back and she had our excursion tickets all ready.

4. Had a concierge who had a pair of pants drycleaned for me and returned to my room within hours once, after we got a same-day invite to have dinner at an officer's table and I needed that particular pair of pants to wear.

The Diamond lounge is being added to each ship as they go through revitalization.

So far, Diamond Lounges have been added to Radiance, Splendour, Rhapsody, Mariner, and Grandeur.

I was under the impression that Enchantment also has a Diamond Lounge or is that part of the refurb scheduled for Dec., 2012 ?? Anyone know??:)

I was under the impression that Enchantment also has a Diamond Lounge or is that part of the refurb scheduled for Dec., 2012 ?? Anyone know??:)

Yes, you are correct, Enchantment is getting a DL this December. Every ship will get a DL as it goes through revitalization dry dock.

she is getting a DL and the current CL is being moved to the Viking Lounge during the refurb. we'll be on her I believe 2 weeks after she completes it.

Okay...I have a question. Is there a concierge of any sort available on ships that only have the "Diamond Event"?

At one time it was indicated that there would be one available at the breakfasts in the MDR....but I suppose that we could visit the Loyalty Ambassador or Guest Relations if we needed something. Which we don't...usually. :)

On a recent cruise to Hawaii, our concierge arranged rental cars for us on three separate islands...and he was successful even though we had "last minute" requests. We found him very helpful in the tendering process as well...not just with "priority tickets" but as a guide from the CL down to the front of the line at the tender station. They are very efficient and can be very helpful. They represent a huge "suite" benefit.

WWS

Okay...I have a question. Is there a concierge of any sort available on ships that only have the "Diamond Event"?

At one time it was indicated that there would be one available at the breakfasts in the MDR....but I suppose that we could visit the Loyalty Ambassador or Guest Relations if we needed something. Which we don't...usually. :)

There could be a concierge on board ships that only have a Diamond event, but that would only be the ship had a CL and no DL, such all the original Voyager and Radiance class ships. The concierge in the CL would help suite guests in addition to Diamond Plus and Pinnacle C&A members.

As each ship goes through it's revitalization dry dock, a DL gets added, and the nightly Diamond event / Diamond breakfast are eliminated.

There may have been a "Diamond" concierge back in the early days of the Diamond event, but I've never seen one.

There could be a concierge on board ships that only have a Diamond event, but that would only be the ship had a CL and no DL, such all the original Voyager and Radiance class ships. The concierge in the CL would help suite guests in addition to Diamond Plus and Pinnacle C&A members.

As each ship goes through it's revitalization dry dock, a DL gets added, and the nightly Diamond event / Diamond breakfast are eliminated.

There may have been a "Diamond" concierge back in the early days of the Diamond event, but I've never seen one.

That sort of answers my question Bob. When Mr. Goldstein first announced the "Diamond Event" when Diamonds were kicked out...there was some mention of a concierge at breakfast. Maybe it was for ships with a CL....I don't recall the specifics.

We are on Vision early next year...which will sort of be like Monarch or Majesty with better ports. Last time we were on Grandeur, it was before the Diamond Event announcement. It will be fine. like all cruises, we are looking forward to it. :D

That sort of answers my question Bob. When Mr. Goldstein first announced the "Diamond Event" when Diamonds were kicked out...there was some mention of a concierge at breakfast. Maybe it was for ships with a CL....I don't recall the specifics.

We are on Vision early next year...which will sort of be like Monarch or Majesty with better ports. Last time we were on Grandeur, it was before the Diamond Event announcement. It will be fine. like all cruises, we are looking forward to it. :D

It was my understanding that when the Diamonds were kicked out of the CL, all ships (whether they had a CL or not) were supposed to get the services of a Diamond Concierge at breakfast.

Here's an excerpt from a letter sent to all C&A from Adam Goldstein, dated 13-APR-2009:

Additionally, we will offer a new continental breakfast from approximately 8 to 10 a.m. in one of the rooms adjacent to the main dining room onboard. During these morning hours, a crew member will be present and will provide services such as obtaining ice show tickets, and other assistance. We believe these changes will address the primary desires our Diamond members have expressed. These enhancements will be instituted on all our ships that don't have a Diamond Lounge today.

Bob

It was my understanding that when the Diamonds were kicked out of the CL, all ships (whether they had a CL or not) were supposed to get the services of a Diamond Concierge at breakfast.

Here's an excerpt from a letter sent to all C&A from Adam Goldstein, dated 13-APR-2009:

Additionally, we will offer a new continental breakfast from approximately 8 to 10 a.m. in one of the rooms adjacent to the main dining room onboard. During these morning hours, a crew member will be present and will provide services such as obtaining ice show tickets, and other assistance. We believe these changes will address the primary desires our Diamond members have expressed. These enhancements will be instituted on all our ships that don't have a Diamond Lounge today.

Bob

Good job Bob! I didn't save the email. Thanks for posting it!

Have you ever seen said service person at breakfast? :D:):D You cruise a lot more frequently than we do.

~Patti :)

Archived