Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

I know I am going to enjoy my $5 bottle of Verde on my Dec. cruise...and my sister's bottle who is sharing my cabin...and my other sister's who has her own cabin but doesn't drink....:D...now if we only had a balcony to enjoy it on...oh well...3 nts....3 bottles...guess we will make due...

Actually Karen..you could make it 4 bottles since your sister(the non drinker) is allowed 2 bottles per cabin..;)

Come on, people. Royal finally loosens up a bit and right away people are starting to try to find a way to ruin it for the many of us, I included, who smiled at the thought of now being able to just board with one or two nice bottles of wine to enjoy before dinner or before bed out on my own balcony. If they rescind this benefit, you will only have yourselves to blame.

I was thinking the same thing....

Edited by wocheez

Actually Karen..you could make it 4 bottles since your sister(the non drinker) is allowed 2 bottles per cabin..;)

Hmmmm...something to consider for sure....but she will be toting her bottle of sparkling grape juice...so I would hate to throw the security people in a tizzy trying to figure out what to confiscate...:D but does that mean when I sail Celebrity Solo I can bring 2 bottles? That will be great!!

Hmmmm...something to consider for sure....but she will be toting her bottle of sparkling grape juice...so I would hate to throw the security people in a tizzy trying to figure out what to confiscate...:D but does that mean when I sail Celebrity Solo I can bring 2 bottles? That will be great!!

Yes,you can........I did on my last Celebrity cruise..

This is good to see. Princess is $15 per bottle and it made sense to pay the corkage. For Royal Caribbean, one of our bottles will be for balcony enjoyment and one may make it to dinner. At four glasses per bottle, even a $30 bottle of wine is $13.75 per glass.

I just spoke with a RCCL rep, and he confirmed that starting Nov 1, 2012 passengers may bring on board 2 bottles of wine per stateroom.

Any size is fine, just 2 bottles max. If they're opened in the dining rooms or bars there is a $25 corkage fee associated.

Is it safe to assume they will allow Champagne to be brought on board as well? There are 4 of us cruising and would love to try Dom Perignom...can get it for about $100 at Costco....but would hate to lose sight of it for a week if they confiscate it!

Bonnie

Sweet!:D Course I don't sail till April 2014...sure hope the policy doesn't change before then!

ME TOO!!!!

How are we supposed to carry the two bottles aboard? (I apologize if that has already been stated.) Do we have to present them at check-in as a carry-on, to avoid a trip to the naughty room?

Thanks!

It's about time RCI got with the program. With every other mass-market line permitting guests to carry wine on board, they were looking very mean.

I have checked bottles of wine in luggage using the special wine skins that are sold for transporting wine. They have air and bubble wrap. I found some not too long ago at Marshall's, but you can order them online as well. Magellan's carries them.

On our April, 2012 Celebrity cruise to Hawaii, I packed two bottles in the checked bags using the skins and they were fine flying from South Texas to San Diego with a plane change each way. I bought a bottle of wine in Hawaii and transported it back home just fine, too. Unfortunately, the cleaning lady broke it when dusting the wine rack. :(

I will bring two bottles with me to Harwich, UK next summer and I've just gotten information about a place to purchase two more at the end of our first cruise and prior to our B2B sailing.

I agree with others that the cruise line is not loosing anything with this policy. In fact, I think they will get more passengers willing to sail with them now that they are in line with the policies of the other lines.

Is it safe to assume they will allow Champagne to be brought on board as well? There are 4 of us cruising and would love to try Dom Perignom...can get it for about $100 at Costco....but would hate to lose sight of it for a week if they confiscate it!

Bonnie

Yes you can take Champagne :D

"From 1st November 2012, guests are now allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine or champagne on board at embarkation."

ME TOO!!!!

How are we supposed to carry the two bottles aboard? (I apologize if that has already been stated.) Do we have to present them at check-in as a carry-on, to avoid a trip to the naughty room?

Thanks!

It hasn't been stated for certain...but I would think it would need to be in your carry on...less chance of breaking & maybe causing damage to someone else's luggage...that is what I am going to do...just carry it on...

I wonder how boarding went today for the Monarch / Majesty - if anyone carried wine onboard?

Now that the main boardings are done, that gives RCCL the rest of the week to communicate and update staff of the change. Hopefully they have it fixed before the 24th.

Thanks to the pioneers paving the way for the rest of us.

If you are traveling alone can you still bring 2 bottles? My DS will be in her own cabin and we were just checking.

According to the UK website, the limit is 2 bottles per stateroom, not per person.