Junior suite- what benefits will I get?

oz5

So we have just booked a guaranteed jnr suite for the first time ( usually we have an ocean view). What extras will we get?

Do we get the double cruise points with the jnr?

Don't know where the room is yet but I don't really mind :-)

So we have just booked a guaranteed jnr suite for the first time ( usually we have an ocean view). What extras will we get?

You will get double C&A points, bathroom amenities, robes, coffee and tea service, extra space, bathtub, and priority check-in and boarding. Possibly a walk-in closet, depending on the ship.

yes double points

bigger room

bigger balcany

a silver sea pass card

walk in closet

a coffee maker you'll never use

bathrobes

Slightly larger bathroom with upgraded toiletries

This is it! Enjoy

Like Clarea said, the walk in closet depends on the ship (and cabin). We had a Junior Suite (JS) on Vision (cabin 8066) in May 2011. It had the same size closet as we have found in the balcony cabins on all our other cruises. We did however, enjoyed the larger cabin.

I did have a problem with the bathroom. It has a full size tub, BUT with very high sides to climb over to take a shower. :mad: I am handicapped, but do not request a handicapped cabin, because I want to save them for those in wheelchairs, who need them more than I do. The tub sides are too thin to sit comfortably to swing your legs into the tub. So I got around the problem by taking showers at the Fitness Center. Nice large walk in showers there. Luckily, our cabin was close to the Fitness center.

The coffee maker comes in balcony cabins too. I bring my own tea and make it in our cabin, on each cruise. Since we are Diamond we get the robes in the balcony cabins too. It was nice to get double C&A points.

All in all I don't think I would pay for the upgrade from balcony to JS again, unless we were going to have three persons in the cabin or I got a cabin with a walk in shower.

Diana

We love our Jr. Suites. The cabin is bigger, we do have a full bathtub but it is a little hard to get in and out of. We love coffee so we make coffee every morning and every evening in it.

As others stated we have a walk-in closet with plenty of shelves.

And since we are Diamond Level and have a cruise booked (acutally a B2B) this December we get triple the cruise credits.

Since you mention a guarantee JS booking, you should expect a JS assignment with room and perks as others have described.

Still, there is a chance (maybe only a small chance, but still some chance) you will be assigned a better cabin (such as a GS); if you are that lucky, you will get suite benefits. I recently got a nice upgrade with a W booking, so it can happen.

Do not expect an upgrade above JS, I'll cross my fingers for you....

Be sure to bring your own coffee & tea. Sometimes they provide coffee, and other times not. On Mariner of the Seas, they didn't have coffee pots or tea kettles at all. The steward told us to order room service.

On the last trip, we brought our aeropress and ground coffee, and loved it!

I agree with the comments about the tub. On Enchantment, it even had grab bars sticking up from the sides of the tub, and it was still hard to maneuver, but they had a shower chair too.

Thanks for all the info guys.

The best part for me will be the double points! 28 for 1 cruise means we will nearly be at the next level :-)

I thought we got a gold sea pass so I am a bit disappointed with a silver one - what does that get me???

Coffee maker will be good I can make my tea in it!

Keeping my fingers crossed for a possible upgrade, but I will be happy with JS anyway.

only 5 weeks to go :-):)

Every time this question is posted, I am the only one to remember the BIGGIE benefit

SILVER SEA PASS CARD

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

(lol)

The best part for me will be the double points! 28 for 1 cruise means we will nearly be at the next level :-)

I thought we got a gold sea pass so I am a bit disappointed with a silver one - what does that get me???

Keeping my fingers crossed for a possible upgrade, but I will be happy with JS anyway.

The silver card gets you a BIG closet if on Rd class and 2 for one days at sea. That is about it. Just a extra large Balcony room but nice!

The silver card gets you a BIG closet if on Rd class and 2 for one days at sea. That is about it. Just a extra large Balcony room but nice!

We are on the Voyager Class- has anyone been JNR on this one before??

Keep your hopes in check, of course, but, since no JS's seem to be available on your cruise while multiple GS's are available, you certainly have a shot at an upgrade. more of a shot than if multiple JS's were available. Keep those fingers crossed.

yes double points

bigger room

bigger balcany

a silver sea pass card

walk in closet

a coffee maker you'll never use

bathrobes

Slightly larger bathroom with upgraded toiletries

This is it! Enjoy

Every time this question is posted, I am the only one to remember the BIGGIE benefit

SILVER SEA PASS CARD

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

(lol)

:confused::confused::confused:

:confused::confused::confused:

Ms. Merion,,,,,,,,,,,,

I so apologize..............

I quickly read your post and over looked the silver part.

You were so on............and I was so not..............

I am the one who usually adds it.

Thanks for pointing it out to me.

I will read more closely in the future and not let my ego get ahead of me.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

You will get double C&A points, bathroom amenities, robes, coffee and tea service, extra space, bathtub, and priority check-in and boarding. Possibly a walk-in closet, depending on the ship.

Never got priority check in and boarding in Galveston. Where did you sail out of?

Archived