Lanyard?

tfox1018

I carry a very small purse...the ship is large and I may need my comb, or lipstick, tissues, etc....my room key goes into the small purse, just like it would in a hotel! Hubby's goes in his pocket!

True, you won't need your wallet on the ship, but I can't be running all the way back to the room everytime I need to comb my hair or touch up lipstick!!!

I bought some plastic lanyard envelopes at Office Depot and they are the right size to carry your card on a lanyard and also will hold your luggage tags.

Do not carry your card in the same location a turned on cell phone is located. It will demagnetize the magnetic strip on the card. I learned that the hard way with my hotel and ship cards.

I bought some plastic lanyard envelopes at Office Depot and they are the right size to carry your card on a lanyard and also will hold your luggage tags.

Do not carry your card in the same location a turned on cell phone is located. It will demagnetize the magnetic strip on the card. I learned that the hard way with my hotel and ship cards.

A camera will also demagnetize the cruise card.

Lanyards are great you can get your cruise card punched at the pursers desk and in the gift shop. You can purchase them on ship or take one with you from home.It is handy to keep your cruise on for when you are entering or exiting the ship you can just take it from around your neck and check out or in. Especialy when you are tendering so you are not fumbling putting it in a pocket. On our first cruise they were paper and i was always scared that while trying to put it away while exiting the ship to the tender a good gust of wind would take it. Now they are plastic which is much better. Another thing to be careful of with your cruise card is not to get suntan lotion on it as it takes away the white lettering on the front of the card and makes it hard for staff to read. Hope you have a great cruise:)

A camera will also demagnetize the cruise card.

mine was demagnetized by my camera as well. I went to the purser's desk to complain that my key card didn't work. She noticed my camera was hanging from my neck in addition to the lanyard for my key card. She told me that the camera was the culprit. I'd never thought they couldn't play well together. So now I carry my camera on a shoulder strap.

I have a Charm 14 bag that I use (charm14 dot com). They're great. My crusie card goes in the front plastic covered pocket, little camera, chapstick in the zip pocket and tissues in the back. It has a great long strap for crossbody and weighs nothing.

151320%20back.jpg

mine was demagnetized by my camera as well. I went to the purser's desk to complain that my key card didn't work. She noticed my camera was hanging from my neck in addition to the lanyard for my key card. She told me that the camera was the culprit. I'd never thought they couldn't play well together. So now I carry my camera on a shoulder strap.

In the pre-lanyard days, I put the cruise card and camera in the same pocket.

I use the plastic sleeve method too. No hole punching necessary. The other plastic sleeves in the package are useful for using with the new style print-your-own-luggage-tag. I take a little backup purse for use on the ship for my camera, paperback book/puzzle magazine, and little notebook for taking notes about the cruise for writing a review. The cell phone stays in the cabin except when we go out in port (for calling taxis, etc.).

My cabin card did get demagnetize once on my last cruise. My hubby's also had that problem at the same time, which was a bit strange. So we ended up going to the front desk together to get replacements.

I used to wear a lanyard till I saw myself in the mirror one day and couldn't stop laughing. :p

:D Hear you! I feel as if I'm at a Sales Meeting rather than on a cruise wearing a lanyard!

Actually, love "our" small purse with a shoulder strap. Holds everything we need or want around with us.

LuLu

~~~~

I used to wear a lanyard till I saw myself in the mirror one day and couldn't stop laughing. :p

I hear you ! ... you don't have to "wear" the lanyard,, you can put it thru a belt loop, or something like that..

I find it more secure and convenient to punch my Drivers License.. my Visa, and my Ship Card.. on a Lanyard.. and keep it in a pocket.. but "latched" to me somewhere ..

especially if you are off ship where the other 2 cards ,,I.D. and Visa.. may be required,, and in crowds.. or snorkel .. swim in to a bar, you can swap it to around your neck when "who cares you look like a tourist" ..

The lanyard makes it very easy to spot if you happen to drop it in the TAXI area.. and drive off.. :o

especially if the lanyard is bright red and white or something.

41ZKWI57DCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I hear you ! ... you don't have to "wear" the lanyard,, you can put it thru a belt loop, or something like that..

I find it more secure and convenient to punch my Drivers License.. my Visa, and my Ship Card.. on a Lanyard.. and keep it in a pocket.. but "latched" to me somewhere ..

especially if you are off ship where the other 2 cards ,,I.D. and Visa.. may be required,, and in crowds.. or snorkel .. swim in to a bar, you can swap it to around your neck when "who cares you look like a tourist" ..

The lanyard makes it very easy to spot if you happen to drop it in the TAXI area.. and drive off.. :o

especially if the lanyard is bright red and white or something.

41ZKWI57DCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Your lanyard says it all. :D

First time cruiser...... I know some people mentioned just to carry your room card with you as you do not need anything else on the ship. Is it possible to put it on a lanyard, specifically a Vera Bradley?

Thanks!

Yes, you can go to the passengers service desk and get a hole punched to hold your lanyard for your room/cruise card.

Not necessary though, if you carry a purse(women) or have pockets in your pants,jacket etc.

I personally don't like to wear my card around my neck on a lanyard.

Since you are a first time Princess passenger your card will be blue and wearing it on a lanyard, everyone will know it is your first cruise on Princess, if that appeals to you, I say go for it,may lead to some help in directions, info. on the ship from fellow passengers.:)

Yes, you can go to the passengers service desk and get a hole punched to hold your lanyard for your room/cruise card.

Not necessary though, if you carry a purse(women) or have pockets in your pants,jacket etc.

I personally don't like to wear my card around my neck on a lanyard.

Since you are a first time Princess passenger your card will be blue and wearing it on a lanyard, everyone will know it is your first cruise on Princess, if that appeals to you, I say go for it,may lead to some help in directions, info. on the ship from fellow passengers.:)

I am not sure very many passengers care what color card another passenger has

Archived